MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

12 minutes ago, WestFarms36 said:

According to the TTMG Roster 1021-1109 have an L9N Engine while 1016-1020 have an ISL G NZ. Can anyone confirm if the L9N is the actual Engine on those units, or if its a mistake.

TTMG is almost always accurate. It's best to just trust what it says

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

Does anyone know which D60HF units were supposed to have been renumbered into 136 and 137?

5573 (Ex-GH) was likely one of them? IIRC it was the last unrenumbered 5500 in service and it lasted a lot longer than the other unrenumbered 5500s

For those wondering, this is the breakdown of the current delivered XD-40s

7484-7507 (JAM),  7508-7530 (F.P) and G.A), 7531-7543 (U.P), 7544-7551 (W.F),  7552-7567 (U.P and ENY), 7568-7571 (W.F), 7572-7593 (Aesys Gemini Signs.)

7615-7684 (SBS at F.B/ENY), 7685-7700 (ENY and W.F), 7701-7705 (JAM), 7706-7752 (F.P and G.A), 7753-7778 (JAM), 7779-7782 (ENY), 

Currently: 7785, 7791-7792 (W.F)

To be known soon: 7594-7614, 7783-7784, 7786-7790, 7793-7850

Edited by Calvin

1 hour ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Imagine this order was "added onto" because Brooklynites couldn't shut up about the RTS and as a result 30 diesel buses were added.

Brooklyn should have been in an uproar about a lot of things. 

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

UP is getting back their buses from Jamaica. Hopefully soon from West Farms. Plus before you know it and close your eyes this XD40 order will end in a blink. 

Most likely will. This order has been in commence since last year. 

5 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Imagine this order was "added onto" because Brooklynites couldn't shut up about the RTS and as a result 30 diesel buses were added.

This appears to be a batch specifically for West Farms, so they can some of their existing XD40s to the depots that were supposed to get them.

But of course, things change on a dime.

Edited by Cait Sith
Posting on mobile is annoying.

11 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

It's probably right as you can tell the engine difference between 1016-1020 and the others by looking at the roof exhaust.

Also the Muffler area if you look at 1016-1020 the Muffler seems higher with a blue compressor around it as the others to 1109 don't

8 hours ago, Railfanner Mario said:

Also the Muffler area if you look at 1016-1020 the Muffler seems higher with a blue compressor around it as the others to 1109 don't

32 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

....blue compressor?

See below.

20 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

It's probably right as you can tell the engine difference between 1016-1020 and the others by looking at the roof exhaust.

We have several conflicting stories about these mystery XD40’s, and I should have details soon. We don’t have any more options and the only order possibly pending is for MTA Bus. Is this is expedited then it would make sense, however it’s not adding up right now. 

Deployment hasn’t changed as of today, yet a mystery 7851-7905 are officially registers as pending. Interestingly enough they show as 2018’s whereas and the batch before those are listed as 2019’s. 

On 4/2/2019 at 7:02 PM, WestFarms36 said:

According to the TTMG Roster 1021-1109 have an L9N Engine while 1016-1020 have an ISL G NZ. Can anyone confirm if the L9N is the actual Engine on those units, or if its a mistake.

Yes, that's correct. Info was pulled from the finalized operator's manual. 

12 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

Yes, that's correct. Info was pulled from the finalized operator's manual. 

Oh great, I uploaded an XN60 review(3 weeks ago) on Youtube and now I receive a mistake. Maybe this is why there aren't a sound recording for #1016-20, I knew that they sound similar as I said in my vid.  

On 4/2/2019 at 1:07 PM, MysteriousBtrain said:

These buses state that they are "Clean Air Hybrid Electric Buses" ether on or below the battery. Unless you are someone that dosen't pay attention (and yeah it does happen) ot ads are in place it's pretty hard to miss.

Here and there a few of the hybrids that roofline ads that don’t have the Hybrid titles.

On 4/2/2019 at 7:02 PM, WestFarms36 said:

On 4/2/2019 at 7:10 PM, MysteriousBtrain said:

No it’s not a mistake, the newer CNG’s now have the new L9N NZ. Essentially is the exact same engine as the standard L9 now, only optimized for gas. 

Edited by East New York

4 minutes ago, Melbx15 said:

When the M14 A/D becomes select bus service what’s gonna happen to Michael j quills part of the M35

In my opinion the M35 should’ve been split with Tuskegee Airmen 

It can either:
(A) stay where it's at: meaning using Quill's SBS buses. They did that with the M15 SBS at Hale, using their buses for service. 

(B) move to TU that you mentioned, both Hale and Quill pieces

Edited by Calvin

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

It can either:
(A) stay where it's at: meaning using Quill's SBS buses. They did that with the M15 SBS at Hale, using their buses for service. 

(B) move to TU that you mentioned, both Hale and Quill pieces

Or (C) Keep it at Hale. (Less deadhead) vs having it at TU. Besides, how many buses are required for the M35? 

2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Or (C) Keep it at Hale. (Less deadhead) vs having it at TU. Besides, how many buses are required for the M35? 

I remember in post 2460 of this thread that it would’ve made sense to transfer 10 2012-13 XD60s to Hale for the M35 back when the route was still there. They should do that.

I still feel that the best plan for the M35 would to abolish the route entirely and replace it with an M100 extension. The regular articulated buses would then be displaced to Kingsbridge Depot. Those people in Harlem do come up with some really great ideas, but that’s for another thread to discuss.

30 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

I remember in post 2460 of this thread that it would’ve made sense to transfer 10 2012-13 XD60s to Hale for the M35 back when the route was still there. They should do that.

I still feel that the best plan for the M35 would to abolish the route entirely and replace it with an M100 extension. The regular articulated buses would then be displaced to Kingsbridge Depot. Those people in Harlem do come up with some really great ideas, but that’s for another thread to discuss.

That makes no sense to even do that. The M35 could practically use any fleet out of Hale, as the line uses up to 4 buses at most during the rush hour.

Folks must forget that Hybrids are also at Hale, which the M35 also uses.

As for an M100 extension.....why!?

Edited by Cait Sith