Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the GTFS and the above schedule, we can piece together a full schedule. (PDF version)

n6%20artics.png

They have 5 buses and are scheduling 4 to be in service at the same time...that's pretty aggressive. Luckily the schedule doesn't specifically treat these trips as artics in terms of gaps, so if a 40 foot bus fills in there shouldn't be a big difference.

Edited by Amtrak7

Lol NICE has to schedule in artics and over here they're second nature for artic routes. Then again, NICE is a small company and shrinking.....

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

The articulated buses cannot fit in either HTC or 165th Street Bus Terminal, which is why they are given a separate schedule in the first place. The bigger question is how many people will wait outside of the terminal for the artics.

Who is Transport Azhuma?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/cease-and-desist-letter-dot-joel-azumah-vows-motor-private-buses-article-1.185418

Transport Azumah, Joel Azumah planning to replace n36 bus similar to he had licenced charter buses/vans running on MTA X90 and X25 bus.

Edited by FamousNYLover

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/cease-and-desist-letter-dot-joel-azumah-vows-motor-private-buses-article-1.185418

Transport Azumah, Joel Azumah planning to replace n36 bus similar to he had licenced charter buses/vans running on MTA X90 and X25 bus.

I can't imagine anyone in Nassau riding in a glorified dollar van to work. Not even the bus riders who complain about their routes being cut.

I have two questions.

1) Why is the NICE system map from April 8, 2012? It seems quite absurd for it not to have been updated in five years.

2) When were the N87 and N88 Jones Beach buses eliminated?

I have two questions.

1) Why is the NICE system map from April 8, 2012? It seems quite absurd for it not to have been updated in five years.

2) When were the N87 and N88 Jones Beach buses eliminated?

1) The map is just there to show riders how Nassau County is f**king up riders by eliminating all these services.

2) The n88 was never eliminated, but the n87 was eliminated after the 2014 Summer Season (it started in 2013). 

TO ANYBODY WHO TOOK THE n6 TO/FROM JAMAICA

where does the bus terminate and turn around because I can't imagine it simply goes into the terminal and "reverses out"

I took the bus to Jamaica, we were let off at 89th ave and Merrick Blvd. I didn't watch where it went from there.

where does the bus terminate and turn around because I can't imagine it simply goes into the terminal and "reverses out"

It ends at 89th and Merrick, then starts its run back to Hempstead in front of the terminal, then somehow reverses and runs on 165th Street to Hillside then runs its route from there. I'm not sure how exactly it gets from the first stop in front of the terminal to 165th and Hillside.

It ends at 89th and Merrick, then starts its run back to Hempstead in front of the terminal, then somehow reverses and runs on 165th Street to Hillside then runs its route from there. I'm not sure how exactly it gets from the first stop in front of the terminal to 165th and Hillside.

Too late to edit my original post... scratch what I said earlier— it starts its trip to Hempstead from Hillside and 89th, then turns on 89th to 165th, then runs its normal route.