Revamped Bleecker Street Station Upgrade Thread

R160

Yeah, if they're going to change the name, it's going to be something consistent across the board, ala Jay St-MetroTech or Court Sq (-23 St).

I think Bleecker-Lafayette sounds better than any of the other names, who knows if they are going to change it.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Bleecker-Lafayette sounds better than any of the other names, who knows if they are going to change it.

Plus that or Houston-Lafayette are the most accurate names if it needed to renamed. Could be wrong but i think at end of day it will be called Houston-Lafayette.

It could just be Houston St (IRT) and Lafayette St (IND). I was going to suggest Broadway as that's the bigger name but then I remember there already is a Broadway stop in the IND over in Queens. If not that, leave things alone, its not like something new was built there like the Barclays Center or Metrotech (older but still wasn't around when Boro Hall was built lol).

Hopefully when the in-system transfer opens to the public, the (MTA) should consider on renaming the 2 subway stations in 2 different station names. The new name for the Bleecker St (6) Station will be "Bleecker-Houston Sts" and for the Broadway-Lafayette St (B)(D)(F)(M) Station, it will be known as "Houston-Lafayette Sts"

I'd leave it how it is. But if a name must be changed. It would then make sense for it to be Lafayette-Houston Street then for both

From the IND platform, it still looks more like a hole in the wall/ceiling. Don't know why that part of it, which you would think would be easiest to construct, since the space was already there, would be the last to be completed. They finished the heavy concrete platform extension work quicker than that!

It could just be Houston St (IRT) and Lafayette St (IND). I was going to suggest Broadway as that's the bigger name but then I remember there already is a Broadway stop in the IND over in Queens. If not that, leave things alone, its not like something new was built there like the Barclays Center or Metrotech (older but still wasn't around when Boro Hall was built lol).

But isn't there a 7th Avenue (B)(Q) and a 7th Avenue (B)(D)(E)? And lots of people identify with the fact.

Has anyone heard on when the opening date will be this month between the Broadway-Lafayette St to the Uptown #6 at Bleecker St.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

It's almost the end of June... any word on this yet?

Around 3 in the morning, I peeked through a hole in the construction wall at the uptown Bleecker street station. Either a good amount of work is being done today, or the transfer is not opening tomorrow at 5 AM.

Does anyone know the source for the new rectangular white subway tile that they are installing to match what was on the Bleecker platform before? It looks like its glass, and there are rounded convex tiles for outside corners as well; quite beautiful.

Archived