• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted: 04/25/2014 7:17PM

MTA Service Notice 

Service Change  Posted: 04/25/2014  7:17PM 

Due to signal problems at Forest Hills-71 Av, some northbound e.png and f.png trains are running local from Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av to Forest Hills-71 Av.

Allow additional travel time.

Delays  Posted: 04/25/2014  7:09PM 

Due to signal problems at Forest Hills-71 Ave.png and f.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Due to signal problems between Wilson Avenue and Broadway Junction, some Canarsie-bound (L) trains are terminating at Myrtle Avenue and some 8th-Avenue bound (L) trains terminate at either Broadway Junction or Atlantic Avenue.

Edited by lupojohn

I'm seeing N trains run express on the West End towards Manhattan. Given it's night time, I doubt any planned service change would put the N on the West End. I saw one heading towards 62 Street empty and another towards Bay Parkway with more people.

Some mess on the 2/3. 2 N/B via 5, 2 S/B via 1 to SF.

FDNY wants power off along the 2/3 in the Wall St region, guess that's an issue. They got it, track 3 south of Wall St / to Chambers St. Fire on the northbound track. Some talk of cutting power to Brooklyn too. Edit: Now off all the way to Borough Hall. Was standing near a firehouse in the rain lol, lot of stuff you hear.

Edited by MHV9218

MTA Service Status

Service Change  Posted: 04/30/2014  8:37PM 

Due to a water condition at Richmond Valley, there is no sir.png train service in both directions between Huguenot andTottenville.

Shuttle bus service is being provided between Huguenot and Tottenville.

Due to a train with mechanical problems on the Manhattan Bridge, southbound d.png trains are terminating at 2 Av.

There is no b.png train service between Bedford Park Blvd and Brighton Beach in both directions.

This derailment is going to affect evening PM rush hour service in a very bad way, affecting all boroughs, definitely, with parts of the IND QBL totally shut down. This is not looking good at all!

Edited by realizm

Don't forget the (J)(Z)(L)(M)(A) and (C) train will be overwhelmed as well because the (J)(Z) train go to Jamaica the long way. The (M) will take passenger near the 71 ave area. (A) and (C)(L)  is the line that will help them get to bus nearby. LIRR will be little overwhelmed with train stopping in between NYPenn and Jamaica if nobody think that way.

I'm on the (J) now, toward Manhattan, it's not packed, but as pm rush begins it may get crazy. They have shuttles at 179th st going to the (J) via Q43, and one going to the (7) (not sure of the routing).

It would be nice if they told riders before they got off the bus that there is no train service.

The Lexington Avenue Line is going to be a complete mess. The 53rd Street corridor is knocked out for the count unless the T/Ds figure out some sort of plan for split service, quickly. This curtailment in service will create a huge problem with the crowds of evening rush commuters trying to travel to Penn Station forcing them to get on the Lex and transfer at GC to get to the other side of Manhattan. 

Edited by realizm

just to add note the Fastrak in that area was supposed to be done in January but it got cancel because of the weather inclement and their future one is in July. If the January was never cancel it possible this wouldn't happen. 

If the people use the Lexington Ave they should go straight to Brooklyn and go from there. 

If that East Side access was open it probably alleviate the crowds. 

Edited by pjbr40

The Lexington Avenue Line is going to be a complete mess. The 53rd Street corridor is knocked out for the count unless the T/Ds figure out some sort of plan for split service, quickly. This curtailment in service will create a huge problem with the crowds of evening rush commuters trying to travel to Penn Station forcing them to get on the Lex and transfer at GC to get to the other side of Manhattan.

Not exactly, (E) trains are turning at Queens Plaza.

Not exactly, (E) trains are turning at Queens Plaza.

Well I am thinking in the sense that there is no (M) service past Essex, and the fact that (E) service will be adversely affected in Manhattan as the frequency of trains will be reduced. With only one train running through the corridor it will make it a disaster of a commute for those coming from work in need of getting to Penn Station on the IND 8th Ave line. This has happened to my commute before with delays on the (E) through the 53rd Street corridor resulting in platforms esp @ Lexington Ave and 5th Ave/53rd Street so crowded and trains so delayed and overloaded it actually creates dangerous conditions on the platforms. Last time I was caught up in a mess like that I swore it looked like the Tokyo subway!

Many commuters will try to get on the Lex thinking of a alternative creating even more confusion.

Edited by realizm