Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was bad out there. They had Linden Blvd closed, so everything spilled onto New Lots Av which backed up the B15. Took one bus about 25 minutes to go from Mother Gaston to Junius St. Since Linden Blvd is a truck route, the trucks came on Linden thinking they could fit under the Linden Shops track lead, but that's a lot lower than on Linden Blvd so THEY were stuck on New Lots. They had shuttle buses running (I seen 2), but at that point the trains were back up and running with heavy delays.

Went to go check it out since I live right down the street. It was to the point where there were multiple helicopters overhead in the area.

12814647_10207653102759956_6864994303082

It was bad out there. They had Linden Blvd closed, so everything spilled onto New Lots Av which backed up the B15. Took one bus about 25 minutes to go from Mother Gaston to Junius St. Since Linden Blvd is a truck route, the trucks came on Linden thinking they could fit under the Linden Shops track lead, but that's a lot lower than on Linden Blvd so THEY were stuck on New Lots. They had shuttle buses running (I seen 2), but at that point the trains were back up and running with heavy delays.

Went to go check it out since I live right down the street. It was to the point where there were multiple helicopters overhead in the area.

12814647_10207653102759956_6864994303082

Were they actually turning (L) trains at Livonia?

Were they actually turning (L) trains at Livonia?

Can't tell since I didn't travel today (free day lol), but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. It was done a few times before, and I got caught up in that.

...except I was already outside of New Lots and they backed my train up all the way to Livonia.

(J) for Just give up?

Service Change  Posted: 03/11/2016  5:20PM

Due to signal problems at Myrtle Av, the following service changes are in effect:

Some Metropolitan Av-bound m.png trains are running on the f.png line from B'way-Lafayette St to 2 Av and terminate.

Some Broad St-bound j.png trains are running express from Broadway Junction to Marcy Av.

No Jamaica Center-bound j.png express service.

Allow additional travel time.

Was a mess on the (Q) today. We were delayed for 2 hours. Stuck at Church, Parkside, between Prospect and 7th, between DeKalb and the Bridge, and between 8 and 14 for a LONG time. Ended up having to re - schedule our train to Virginia. This is what I saw;

(Q) via Broadway Local and VERY delayed

(B)(D)(N) via tunnel to Whitehall St

(B)(D) via Broadway Express to 57 St

They told us multiple times at Church Av downtown (B)(D) via 6 Av Local to 2 Av

and possibly some (B)(D) running up Culver or Sea Beach who knows... It was a mad house out there.

Was a mess on the (Q) today. We were delayed for 2 hours. Stuck at Church, Parkside, between Prospect and 7th, between DeKalb and the Bridge, and between 8 and 14 for a LONG time. Ended up having to re - schedule our train to Virginia. This is what I saw;

(Q) via Broadway Local and VERY delayed

(B)(D)(N) via tunnel to Whitehall St

(B)(D) via Broadway Express to 57 St

They told us multiple times at Church Av downtown (B)(D) via 6 Av Local to 2 Av

and possibly some (B)(D) running up Culver or Sea Beach who knows... It was a mad house out there.

this is exactly why R32s won't be going on the (B)(D) or (N).

The rude conductor on the (B) asked me if I was listening when I asked her what track the break-in-effect problem was on… Obviously, I asked a question because she wasn’t specific enough about the cause and I could take advantage of a little more information unlike the average passenger. She told everyone to take the (D) while we were stalled at Atlantic Avenue–Barclays Center. I’m guessing she didn’t understand what was coming off the radio, because the (D) was also screwed up, with the first (D) I encountered empty and cleared of passengers while the (N) was on the local track. The second (D) didn’t even budge after 3 (R) trains had passed. Whatever the problem was, I can only assume it jammed up the switch merging the (B) and the (D).

The problem was not the switch I don't think.It sounds like it was a BIE on bridge caused by signal problems.The signal problems lasted into the late morning.I think the best idea is to turn them at Whitehall.Problem solved.Some can go over Broadway Part of bridge.Not all

Edited by Abba

this is exactly why R32s won't be going on the (B)(D) or (N).

This is exactly why more interlining is such a bad idea. Routes should be segregated as much as possible with only the bare minimum of interlining to mitigate delays which can cascade to other lines under the current service patterns.

This is exactly why more interlining is such a bad idea. Routes should be segregated as much as possible with only the bare minimum of interlining to mitigate delays which can cascade to other lines under the current service patterns.

jtFbh.png

I think this map maker went too far, but what would you suggest be done so that people wouldn't have to make too many transfers but with more efficient routes?

I just came across the following delay:

MTA website 6:52 PM 03/21/16

Due to a train with unruly passengers at 50th Street southbound D trains are running express from 9th Avenue to 62nd Street.

I wish I had been on one of those (D) trains. Instead, my train came a little later and got backed up in traffic. I hopped off at Bay 50 Street and made it to Coney Island–Stillwell Avenue by foot well before that same (D) train pulled into the station.

jtFbh.png

I think this map maker went too far, but what would you suggest be done so that people wouldn't have to make too many transfers but with more efficient routes?

Technically, the (2) is interlining. You’ve just given two different routes the same label.

Service Change  Posted: 03/23/2016  1:02PM 

Due to an investigation at 157 St, there are no 1.png trains between 168 St and 145 St in both directions.

As an alternate, customers can use a.png service making nearby stops. 

You mean (C) ?

I think this is just a poorly worded suggestion that for service north of 168, take the A from columbus circle to 168.