Planned Subway Service Changes

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the (2) is being extended to New Lots AV and Flatbush AV at the same time

No it isn't...

And the (J) shuttle to Prospect Park has been permanently discontinued because anybody traveling between either the Flatbush branch or New Lots branch and Downtown Brooklyn/Lower Manhattan can just stay on the (2) / (3). Meanwhile, anybody trying to get to/from the Lex already have the (D)(N)(Q)(R) at Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr to nearby Lex stations.

What would be nice though is maybe they can add some extra (2) or (3) trains and run them express to Utica.

Yeah, no.

And the (J) shuttle to Prospect Park has been permanently discontinued because anybody traveling between either the Flatbush branch or New Lots branch and Downtown Brooklyn/Lower Manhattan can just stay on the (2) / (3). Meanwhile, anybody trying to get to/from the Lex already have the (D)(N)(Q)(R) at Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr to nearby Lex stations.

True up to about 23rd Street or so and those who need specific stations on the Lex line can transfer to the (6) from the (D) at Broadway-Lafayette or (N)(Q)(R) at Canal Street or Union Square. 

The (J) to Prospect Park (which was a supplemental train anyway) really isn't necessary at this point other than for a few lazy individuals who want to be able to make the transfer to the (4)(6) at Brooklyn Bridge.

Well, since the tracks to the montage tunnel are still OOS from Broad St, the (2) is being extended to New Lots AV and Flatbush AV at the same time while the (5) ends at Grand Central and the (4) ends at Brooklyn Bridge. And I really wanted to see the (J) to Propspect Park :(

Do you think before you speak ?

F.png Additional service between 179 St and 2 Av

Weekend, 9 AM to 7 PM, Saturday, Dec 12
                 11 AM to 6 PM, Sunday, Dec 13 

And a few workers I know are criticizing this (C) and  (D) Train G.O for that weekend for a particular reason which I actually understand why

C.png 168 St-bound trains run express from Canal St to 145 St
Weekend, Saturday and Sunday, Dec 12 - 13

For Spring St, take the E.png instead. Transfer between trains at Canal St or W 4 St.

For 23, 50, 72, 81, 86, 96, 103, 110, 116 and 135 Sts, take the D.png* instead.
Transfer between trains at 14 St, 42 St-Port Authority, 59 St-Columbus Circle, 125 St or 145 St.

*This detour has taken into account additional planned service changes.

Alternate travel note:

E.png service is also available at 23 St and 50 St.

D.png Norwood-bound trains run local via the A.png from W 4 St to 145 St
Weekend, 11:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Dec 11 - 14

No Norwood-bound D.png service at 34 St-Herald Sq, 42 St-Bryant Pk, 47-50 Sts and 7 Av.

Travel Alternatives TripPlannerPlus_logo_19px.png
For service to 34 St-Herald Sq, 42 St-Bryant Pk and 47-50 Sts, transfer to the F.png at W 4 St.

For service from these stations, take the D.png or F.png to W 4 St and transfer to a Norwood-bound D.png
at the uptown A.png platform.

For service to 7 Av, take the D.png to 42 St-Port Authority and transfer to a Jamaica Center-bound E.png.

For service from 7 Av, take the E.png to 42 St-Port Authority and transfer to a Norwood-bound D.png
Edited by Daniel The Cool

This service plan suggests a big, complicated, passenger confusing GO.  We don't need this so close to Christmas with all the shopping and tourists going to see the tree being inconvenienced and confused with a different service plan. 

Hopefully the politicians will get involved to stop this.  It is not very customer friendly. 

Edited by Bill from Maspeth

F.png Additional service between 179 St and 2 Av

Weekend, 9 AM to 7 PM, Saturday, Dec 12

11 AM to 6 PM, Sunday, Dec 13 

And a few workers I know are criticizing this (C) and  (D) Train G.O for that weekend for a particular reason which I actually understand why

C.png 168 St-bound trains run express from Canal St to 145 St

Weekend, Saturday and Sunday, Dec 12 - 13

For Spring St, take the E.png instead. Transfer between trains at Canal St or W 4 St.

For 23, 50, 72, 81, 86, 96, 103, 110, 116 and 135 Sts, take the D.png* instead.

Transfer between trains at 14 St, 42 St-Port Authority, 59 St-Columbus Circle, 125 St or 145 St.

*This detour has taken into account additional planned service changes.

Alternate travel note:

E.png service is also available at 23 St and 50 St.

D.png Norwood-bound trains run local via the A.png from W 4 St to 145 St

Weekend, 11:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Dec 11 - 14

No Norwood-bound D.png service at 34 St-Herald Sq, 42 St-Bryant Pk, 47-50 Sts and 7 Av.

Travel Alternatives TripPlannerPlus_logo_19px.png

For service to 34 St-Herald Sq, 42 St-Bryant Pk and 47-50 Sts, transfer to the F.png at W 4 St.

For service from these stations, take the D.png or F.png to W 4 St and transfer to a Norwood-bound D.png

at the uptown A.png platform.

For service to 7 Av, take the D.png to 42 St-Port Authority and transfer to a Jamaica Center-bound E.png.

For service from 7 Av, take the E.png to 42 St-Port Authority and transfer to a Norwood-bound D.png

What are they working on?If it has to be done,It has to be done...

What are they working on?If it has to be done,It has to be done...

The reason why we're criticizing it is because 6th Avenue, 8th Avenue and the Broadway Lines gets real busy during the Holiday Seasons (Especially on Weekends) hence why (E)(F)(Q) has extra service on those weekends. And believe me as much as I love this G.O (Especially if the (D) Train is going CPW local instead of the (C) Train), Like Bill said it's not a good weekend because it will caused alot of confusion and frustration for holiday riders. And plus its unusual to due major weekend G.Os during the Holiday season.

The reason why we're criticizing it is because 6th Avenue, 8th Avenue and the Broadway Lines gets real busy during the Holiday Seasons (Especially on Weekends) hence why (E)(F)(Q) has extra service on those weekends. And believe me as much as I love this G.O (Especially if the (D) Train is going CPW local instead of the (C) Train), Like Bill said it's not a good weekend because it will caused alot of confusion and frustration for holiday riders. And plus its unusual to due major weekend G.Os during the Holiday season.

Don't worry Daniel I get your argument. I don't like it either. Its very confusing. I was just wondering what the work that required this change was. Sorry for the confusion...

Don't worry Daniel I get your argument. I don't like it either. Its very confusing. I was just wondering what the work that required this change was. Sorry for the confusion...

This G.O is not unusual since it has happened a good amount of times. Its just the fact they choose that certain time frame when the subway is real busy with holiday riders to do it

This service plan suggests a big, complicated, passenger confusing GO. We don't need this so close to Christmas with all the shopping and tourists going to see the tree being inconvenienced and confused with a different service plan.

Hopefully the politicians will get involved to stop this. It is not very customer friendly.

And now the G.O is for those 2 weekends

Yep... Quite the extensive GO for the time of year... I think you can kiss that Holiday R1 goodbye too...

F.png Additional service between 179 St and 2 Av 

Weekends, 9 AM to 7 PM, Saturday, Dec 12 and 19 
                 11 AM to 6 PM, Sunday, Dec 13 and 20 

D.png Norwood-bound trains run local via the A.png from W 4 St to 145 St 
Weekends, 11:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Dec 11 - 14  • Dec 18 - 21

Yep... Quite the extensive GO for the time of year... I think you can kiss that Holiday R1 goodbye too...

F.png Additional service between 179 St and 2 Av 

Weekends, 9 AM to 7 PM, Saturday, Dec 12 and 19 

11 AM to 6 PM, Sunday, Dec 13 and 20 

D.png Norwood-bound trains run local via the A.png from W 4 St to 145 St Weekends, 11:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon, Dec 11 - 14  • Dec 18 - 21

Vintage trains could run as extra (F) service, at least the Triplexes and Arnines

Vintage trains could run as extra (F) service, at least the Triplexes and Arnines

That's possible, but elsewhere I suggested having the vintage train from Broad to Broadway Junction on the (J) since you also have a lot of shopping in lower Manhattan.  This would also have it stop at the Fulton Transportation Center that the (MTA) could highlight as well.