Sept. 2012 Bus Schedule Changes

BM5 via Woodhaven

Lmao !

man, the last thing you should do in the transit community is pose fantasy as being actual factual.....

all I gotta say at this point is, be prepared to be ripped a new one......

I wanna say something

I hope the new dumbo route is in the 20s range and from JG

I hope the new Willamsburg route is named B22

I hope the new ENY-Spring Creek route has a number in the 10s range

I do hope the new bus route in Manhattan is called the M12.

The Bronx routes, not too much of a foamer

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wanna say something

I hope the new dumbo route is in the 20s range and from JG

I hope the new Willamsburg route is named B22

I hope the new ENY-Spring Creek route has a number in the 10s range

I do hope the new bus route in Manhattan is called the M12.

The Bronx routes, not too much of a foamer

Not sure why you're directing this at me.... I'm not saying opinions aren't welcome.... lol......

that dude's problem was when he answered your question (in post #21) with those rosters he posted (in post #24) like it was fact.

Yeah they help out to a certain extent - if you're traveling somewhere b/w sunset park & E. 18th or b/w utica & any point east of it..... It should not take me around 20 minutes on a LTD to get from E. 42nd to E 18th - that time is rather comparable to the local.... that's why I would take dollar cabs to get to the B.... well that, and having to wait for a bus you can even get on in the morning.....Buses are currently packed to the brim & travel in bunches with the LTD service.... lol.....

I would get rid of the B35 limited, Period.

for the heaviest used portion of the route, it doesn't solve much of anything..... I mean you ride other LTD's around the boroughs, and then you take the 35 LTD & you're like wtf, is this the LTD or the local....

You actually take those things? More power to ya lol. The way them dudes drive is on some "f**k your vehicle, im coming through" type flow. Got into one one night and he almost got sideswiped by a bus.

But I digress...

Back to the matter at hand, I also had this plan years ago to run the limiteds up on Linden (or Snyder), but that was back when I was just getting into the game

ManhaTtanVille...

And I answered that and he still didn't read..

I make it up.

You make it up......... Yet knowing there are SOME idiots in this community (like one who keeps asking whats mtv..) would think its actually happening and spread this as a rumor, which becomes an issue... Just another typical issue in this transit community............ (Most of it) SMH..

Of course, there will be changes to come.

You actually take those things? More power to ya lol. The way them dudes drive is on some "f**k your vehicle, im coming through" type flow. Got into one one night and he almost got sideswiped by a bus.

But I digress...

Back to the matter at hand, I also had this plan years ago to run the limiteds up on Linden (or Snyder), but that was back when I was just getting into the game

Yes I take dollar cabs; been taking em since I started goin to high school ('95); I would only use the student MC for the train.... and yeh, I've had those *life flash before my eyes* moments on a dollar cab.... I don't think much about something actually happening to me in one of them, tbh.... it's that much 2nd nature to me to embark on one....

the vans on flatbush however, different story.... now those things I'm not stepping foot on ever again.... ppl. on the outside lookin in may say potayto-potahto, but they're not the same thing AFAIC..... the van drivers are typically younger & are far more reckless......

anyway, I can get from the 40's to the brighton sometimes under 10 mins.... on the B35 at the 42nd st LTD stop, it's double that.... you aint gettin from 42nd to 18th in 10 mins on no B35 LTD (yes, I know you didn't say that)..... I long weighed my options, and I refuse to either try to cram onto a crowded bus, or wait for like 2 or 3 buses to pass so I can feasibly get onto one... when school starts, those ride durations & the # of buses I'd end up bypassing only gets worse..... t'hell with it... I don't remember the last time I took a WB 35 to get to work, to be honest with you....

unless they have buses hovering over church av traffic (lol), there's nothing the MTA can do to get me to taking B35 LTD's in the mornin.... only time I really take the 35 is heading back home from e. 18th, and the bus is right there at the stop & it's dam near empty..... like 95 times out of 100, I'm seeking a dollar cab (or walking home) from east 18th st, over the bus.......

as far as B35's on linden & snyder.... yeah, QJT is still talkin bout running B35's on linden & what not.... smh....

snyder's gettin bad with traffic too these days.... people that don't wanna be bothered w/ the BS on church take snyder....

Yes I take dollar cabs; been taking em since I started goin to high school ('95); I would only use the student MC for the train.... and yeh, I've had those *life flash before my eyes* moments on a dollar cab.... I don't think much about something actually happening to me in one of them, tbh.... it's that much 2nd nature to me to embark on one....

the vans on flatbush however, different story.... now those things I'm not stepping foot on ever again.... ppl. on the outside lookin in may say potayto-potahto, but they're not the same thing AFAIC..... the van drivers are typically younger & are far more reckless......

anyway, I can get from the 40's to the brighton sometimes under 10 mins.... on the B35 at the 42nd st LTD stop, it's double that.... you aint gettin from 42nd to 18th in 10 mins on no B35 LTD (yes, I know you didn't say that)..... I long weighed my options, and I refuse to either try to cram onto a crowded bus, or wait for like 2 or 3 buses to pass so I can feasibly get onto one... when school starts, those ride durations & the # of buses I'd end up bypassing only gets worse..... t'hell with it... I don't remember the last time I took a WB 35 to get to work, to be honest with you....

unless they have buses hovering over church av traffic (lol), there's nothing the MTA can do to get me to taking B35 LTD's in the mornin.... only time I really take the 35 is heading back home from e. 18th, and the bus is right there at the stop & it's dam near empty..... like 95 times out of 100, I'm seeking a dollar cab (or walking home) from east 18th st, over the bus.......

as far as B35's on linden & snyder.... yeah, QJT is still talkin bout running B35's on linden & what not.... smh....

snyder's gettin bad with traffic too these days.... people that don't wanna be bothered w/ the BS on church take snyder....

What routing do those fast dollar vans use? Since when did I mention a snyder bus? WTF?

What routing do those fast dollar vans use? Since when did I mention a snyder bus? WTF?

Don't play stupid.... I like how you chose snyder av when I never mentioned you saying anything about snyder av....

Fresh Pond mentioned snyder av - that's who I was addressing with that part of the post.....

You however, DID mention putting B35's on linden blvd..... FOH with that "WTF".....

....and I don't have the slightest idea of what you're talking about with "fast dollar vans"....

After looking at this whole nonsense ehh "make up" thread, some of it might be true. CP just lost the Q-50 to ECH maybe down the line LGA does get the Q-19/38/66 and in return CP does get the QM-12/24/25. Lets see what happens. Disclaimer: I am NOT saying it will happen soon, I am saying lets just wait and see what happens. BTW, ENY if you have a chance can you please send me a PM? Thx.

It should not take me around 20 minutes on a LTD to get from E. 42nd to E 18th - that time is rather comparable to the local....

That's comparable to walking. :o

I make it up.

Good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read this.

....and I don't have the slightest idea of what you're talking about with "fast dollar vans"....

He's asking what route do the vans take that they get you to East 18th Street in half the time of the B35.

After looking at this whole nonsense thread, some of it might be true. CP just lost the Q-50 to ECH maybe down the line LGA does get the Q-19/38/66 and in return CP does get the QM-12/24/25. Lets see what happens.

This thread had a good beginning. Then it turned into the fake depot roster and this discussion lol

That's comparable to walking. :o

pretty much....

which is what I actually do sometimes, coming home from e. 18th.

He's asking what route do the vans take that they get you to East 18th Street in half the time of the B35.

(this is directed at him)

If that's the case, then.... It's the same route; they both travel along church.....

It isn't about what route it takes, it's about not stopping at all the stops & picking up/dropping off as many pax as a bus does....

Another service change that I'm pissed and smh at

*list of cut M60 stops*

Why in blue hell would the MTA take those stops off in Queens. That used to be my life savor when I dint want to get my lazy butt to the subway, and now its gonna be discontinued. That means Im gonna have to walk through unpaved sidewalk to catch my bus.

The MTA seems to have realized the M60 sucks, it's (relatively) slow and crowded, so cutting stops is supposed to make it faster. Along with its upcoming plans for SBS on the route. 'Course, I still think there should just be an express M60, and therefore cutting these stops won't really be necessary. A couple of the cut stops are understandable, some others seem to be there just to trim a little time off.

Which cut stop in particular are you referring to?

Archived