The big boys are finally here...

Acela Express

For fleet uniformity no...

Fresh Pond will be giving up it's RTS' to FLA, I assume... FP will be all hybrid and FLA will be all Nova. Easier to maintain.

Just cuz they got a bunch of NGs, doesn't mean they becoming all-hybrid. All those buses did was push out the older '96 Novas to other places, which also brought down the overall fleet age. Remember, before those buses came in, their fleet was like 45% buses that were of retirement age.

Besides, most (if not all) of those 95xx's they lost to Flatbush came back, plus 9600 came over too (and that other 96xx RTS that came over recently).

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of which I saw an M103 today while on the BM3 and I couldn't believe that bus was in service spewing all of that black crappola in the air like that. I thought they had all clean air buses... <_<

I seen Hybrid spew black smoke out of the exhaust before...

Maybe that particular bus had a mechanical problem...

Speaking of which I saw an M103 today while on the BM3 and I couldn't believe that bus was in service spewing all of that black crappola in the air like that. I thought they had all clean air buses... <_<

Chances are that bus was about to shit the turbo. Usually the EGR S50 craps turbos every approx. 24,000 to 24,500mi., it may have been missed on it's last HSO, EGR units (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) have that as a down side, that hand the suffer from clogging of the trap oxydizer (EPA clean air device in the muffler). The trap oxy. acts like a particulate filter in the exhaust. I had an 93 Orion repower do that before crapping out on the Deegan. Turns ou the trap got clogged due to being in reserve, back pressure built up lots of black smoke and the she stalled out. That M103 is probably road called that day.

Chances are that bus was about to shit the turbo. Usually the EGR S50 craps turbos every approx. 24,000 to 24,500mi., it may have been missed on it's last HSO, EGR units (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) have that as a down side, that hand the suffer from clogging of the trap oxydizer (EPA clean air device in the muffler). The trap oxy. acts like a particulate filter in the exhaust. I had an 93 Orion repower do that before crapping out on the Deegan. Turns ou the trap got clogged due to being in reserve, back pressure built up lots of black smoke and the she stalled out. That M103 is probably road called that day.

Yeah but it could just be poor maintenance out of Tuskegee....

ATU 1056 should forget about whatever injunction they got against MTA Bus and allow them to ask FR, JFK, and SC B/Os if they would like to operate some of the shuttle service, of course voluntarily. TA (or maybe even other BC depots under TWU) is gonna have to send in buses and operators from depots nowhere near the Rockaways for a 24/7 operation that could last 6 months. This is a true disaster and I think ATU should forget about their injunction this once, I honestly think a decent amount of their B/Os would be fine volunteering to run of the shuttles because like I said, this really is a disaster situation.

ATU 1056 should forget about whatever injunction they got against MTA Bus and allow them to ask FR, JFK, and SC B/Os if they would like to operate some of the shuttle service, of course voluntarily. TA (or maybe even other BC depots under TWU) is gonna have to send in buses and operators from depots nowhere near the Rockaways for a 24/7 operation that could last 6 months. This is a true disaster and I think ATU should forget about their injunction this once, I honestly think a decent amount of their B/Os would be fine volunteering to run of the shuttles because like I said, this really is a disaster situation.

For the first time in weeks, I have hit my like quota...

Unliked some stuff to like this...

I have to agree with that, Im sick of looking at NYCT, you have abunch of MTA bus depots around that area, but yet all you see is NYCT and the MTA talks about saving money, its more like wasting money, MTA bus should do some shuttle buses as well

I have to agree with that, Im sick of looking at NYCT, you have abunch of MTA bus depots around that area, but yet all you see is NYCT and the MTA talks about saving money, its more like wasting money, MTA bus should do some shuttle buses as well

Well during the storm there were BC buses from the TWU-represented depots running the shuttles, as far as I'm aware they aren't covered under the injunction that ATU got that prohibits their BC buses from being used on the subway shuttles.

MTAB ran on Manhattan-Brooklyn shuttles (had at least a third of the buses out there) and they're doing these buses as well. You can see where they're coming from though, MTAB ops don't get any of the privileges of Transit ops like the subway pass, yet then they do work filling in? Best solution is a unified system, but that's not gonna be for a little while. /offtopic

Archived