New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

This question is not exactly related to New Jersey Transit, but this is the closest I can get.

Does anyone know what specific model RTS #30615 from Olympia Trails is? I don't know if it's a T80-206 RTS or something else like a T4J or along those lines.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This question is not exactly related to New Jersey Transit, but this is the closest I can get.

Does anyone know what specific model RTS #30615 from Olympia Trails is? I don't know if it's a T80-206 RTS or something else like a T4J or along those lines.

It is a 1999 RTS-06. An ex NYU shuttle.

Ive seen the 126 some of those turns are tight but not impossible. If you can move around in pabt you can drive a 45' anywhere. The key is mirrors thats it and shoulder your turn, aka box your turn. The problem is alot of drivers make it hard by not following the basics. However boxing doesnt apply to every turn.

Right now at 611pm there are 19 buses on the 126 including mci 7788. 

A small commotion at PABT tonight

Around 10:20PM, as 8983 (166T) was backing out, the bus hit 5261(126) on the side. It made some loud noises and scared many people on the bus. (I was on 166T) Part of 8983's rear bumper fell off and one of the side panel next to rear door on 5261 got damaged (btw 5261 looked beat to hell, even before this accident) 

Immediately, bus drivers from both buses got out and assess the situation. But the problem began here...

B/O closed the door to our bus and when another 166T pulled up at 323, many people wanted to get out but didn't know how to open the door. Some passengers tried to use the emergency opening mechanism on top of the door but it didn't work. They decided to use the honk to gain the attention of B/O and other supervisors... after trapping us on the bus for about 20 minutes. The real commotion began when passengers from our bus began to complain to the poor driver who had no idea what was going on. I honestly felt bad for this driver because he had nothing to do with it.

In the end, I came home on a very packed bus (63 passengers... I think we need more D4500 on oradell lines) and a customer that never stopped complaining to the poor bus driver.

A small commotion at PABT tonight

Around 10:20PM, as 8983 (166T) was backing out, the bus hit 5261(126) on the side. It made some loud noises and scared many people on the bus. (I was on 166T) Part of 8983's rear bumper fell off and one of the side panel next to rear door on 5261 got damaged (btw 5261 looked beat to hell, even before this accident)

Part of the problem up there is that NJT drivers don't want to give way to buses backing out. I've seen near misses lots of times.

i read on sub chat that some analysis said that NJT train can run along the PATH. Yeah right the tunell is way to small and too many sharp

turn that rail cars will all be bang up. 

Also i read that Orlando will have first America Maglev

I wonder if it would be worth it to convert these to diesel. Being rush hour only units they can't have that much mileage on them plus it would definatly help out with the MCI shortage.

I doubt it they are 14 years old already.

Not from what ive seen. They usually run them alot on the weekend 139s. But now ive been seeing the 45fters. The way how they run them i can see them doing the same with new cngs to come.

They never run the weekends and never have as far as I can remember. Weekends it's all 4500s.

Another question, which way did those 134 ops deadhead into Lower Manhattan? Holland or Lincoln Tunnel? I've seen them take some odd ways going through to Greenwich Street.

Cant go through the holland tunnel. I member seeing a memo saying we couldnt go through even if we were detoured.

Cant go through the holland tunnel. I member seeing a memo saying we couldnt go through even if we were detoured.

I don't know if that's still in effect. Guys from Howell and Ironbound do it during the rush to avoid the backups on 495 during the PM rush.

I think the new CNGs will be out all day from now on. The problem with the 7000s is that they have small tanks so they don't have enough fuel to stay on a all day 139 run. The new D4500s don't have that problem. Now if they are gonna be running these on the 128 I would love to know if MCI has fixed the "2 standee" problem on the new CNGs