New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

32 minutes ago, dkm07302 said:

Trying to get NJ Transit to explain is also a headache. I remember asking about the #87 route. When I get the monthly pass, at the machine its Zone 1 or Zone 2. But I know #87 is just a 1 zone route. I contacted NJ transit to ask if the #87 is going to be 2 zones and if so, where would the second one start. Not one word from them.

According to the 87 schedule, it's a 2 zone route. Where the zones located are not mentioned on it, but my money is on Journal Square being it

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dkm07302 said:

I made a comment, you went off with the next in a attitude. I actually agree on the colleges today, but why make that comment here, let just focus on the transit. My point was that NJ Transit could work with colleges at teaching routes, zones, etc. Especially since some students are out of town and just try and hop on the bus (seen it many times). You're the one feeling some type of way with that long comment. "Go somewhere with this crap, honestly...." Take your own advice. 

Why make the comment? Because it's a discussion forum where literally every post doesn't HAVE to be regarding something transit related.

Absolutely I went off, because you tried to paint a false narrative.... Nowhere was anything political mentioned in that post of mine you replied to.... You even being triggered by someone saying "Nowadays, college is where you go to get (more) woke... Education, be damned." is not my problem.... You want to just focus on the transit, you do that... But spare me the whole forum police BS, like that original comment was so egregious.....

Of course in this little attempt to make like your post was all well meaning & innocent & shit, mr, "I made a comment", you conveniently left out where you blatantly said that this is a safe space (because clearly that assessment surely had everything to do with transit)... You claim you "actually agree" on the colleges today, but yet suggest I go make some website & go off when those corresponding thoughts about what colleges are nowadays were conveyed on here... So since you say that you agree with that point, and again, since this is a safe space (according to you), what is your happy ass even doing here, continuing to reply to my comments for?

1 hour ago, go25 said:

According to the 87 schedule, it's a 2 zone route. Where the zones located are not mentioned on it, but my money is on Journal Square being it

Journal Square is correct, but what makes the #87 a 2 zone route are those early morning trips to/from UPS (Secaucus)... Otherwise, as dude said, it is a 1 zone route.

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

Why make the comment? Because it's a discussion forum where literally every post doesn't HAVE to be regarding something transit related.

Absolutely I went off, because you tried to paint a false narrative.... Nowhere was anything political mentioned in that post of mine you replied to.... You even being triggered by someone saying "Nowadays, college is where you go to get (more) woke... Education, be damned." is not my problem.... You want to just focus on the transit, you do that... But spare me the whole forum police BS, like that original comment was so egregious.....

Of course in this little attempt to make like your post was all well meaning & innocent & shit, mr, "I made a comment", you conveniently left out where you blatantly said that this is a safe space (because clearly that assessment surely had everything to do with transit)... You claim you "actually agree" on the colleges today, but yet suggest I go make some website & go off when those corresponding thoughts about what colleges are nowadays were conveyed on here... So since you say that you agree with that point, and again, since this is a safe space (according to you), what is your happy ass even doing here, continuing to reply to my comments for?

DAMN

Njt is stuck, they refuse to simplify the system and it’s very frustrating from a b/o stand point. I know the fare is the same from Newark/NYC so if I get a 28 or 29 zone ticket I won’t say nothing if they are going to New York. The only issue is if the company does audit you they’ll write you up for taking a intrastate ticket to New York. To go by the book any fare going into New York or Philadelphia needs to have a interstate ticket or monthly pass. 

Fares from Camden(WRTC only)to Philadelphia is 1.95, however before WRTC it’s 3.50. But Union City to New York is straight 3.50 and they don’t care if your in Weekawken it’s 3.50, same with GWB, it’s 3.50 from Bridge Plaza to the terminal. 

The whole state should be under 1 fare system not no north/south crap. The 317 uses north fares after Lakewood but the 559 stays on south fares from Toms River to Lakewood. But if you take the 67 from Toms River to Lakewood it’s north fare. When the 137 had those am trippers via the 559 it was north fares on the 137. People weren’t riding because they knew the 559 was cheaper. But if you need a CTT from say Waretown to Freehold you pay north fares from Waretown. 

319 from Atlantic City to New York round trip is $39.00. From New York it’s $42.00, however from New York if you don’t buy the rt ex it’s $72.00 round trip. From Atlantic City it’s $39.00 even if you buy a ow ticket. The system is broken. 

In the summer there are 3 Jersey City buses from Atlantic City. 

From AC
Weekdays 415a, 445p

Weekends 415a, 445p, 9000

From JC

Weekdays 932p, 1227p, 415p

Weekends 930a, 1230p

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

Journal Square is correct, but what makes the #87 a 2 zone route are those early morning trips to/from UPS (Secaucus)... Otherwise, as dude said, it is a 1 zone route.

I forgot about those OWL trips... good call, man.

2 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Spare me the tough guy attitude. Instead of the "you said what you said, I said what I said" approach, you went on about something more. I didn't disrespect you. I went on about colleges and NJ transit working together to better educate the students and yet, like the attitude you have, and the narrative as what your trying to paint me as, you go on and on. I said this was a safe space yes. Your the only sensitive guy who took to heart the next comment. If it didn't apply to you, why the long rant? Your questioning my replies yet, your doing the same. What does your grumpy ass want, an apology? A hug? If you felt that disrespected over that then yeah, sorry.  

Edited by dkm07302

44 minutes ago, dkm07302 said:

Spare me the tough guy attitude. Instead of the "you said what you said, I said what I said" approach, you went on about something more. I didn't disrespect you. I went on about colleges and NJ transit working together to better educate the students and yet, like the attitude you have, and the narrative as what your trying to paint me as, you go on and on. I said this was a safe space yes. Your the only sensitive guy who took to heart the next comment. If it didn't apply to you, why the long rant? Your questioning my replies yet, your doing the same. What does your grumpy ass want, an apology? A hug? If you felt that disrespected over that then yeah, sorry.  

If it didn't apply to me? Your comment was literally directed at me, you jackass...

You coming on here on some, let's not mix politics into here, was a complete misfire... Nobody was talking, or attempting to talk politics.... The very next remark you made, was stating that this is a safe space.... I later go on to implicate that colleges are the places that are safe spaces.... You want to talk about tough guy attitudes & wanting apologies & hugs & going on long rants & anything else you want to use to try to deflect, but this all stems from you feeling some type of away about what I said about what colleges are nowadays....

All three of your remarks in that first reply of yours was a non sequitur:

1. "Let's not mix in politics into here." (This wasn't being done)
  2. "This is a safe space." (What prompted this exactly ???)
  3. "I remember when I went to NJCU (years ago)  that there use to be a poster at the academic building explaining the bus routes and the zones. I've seen people more and more get confused."(If you actually agreed with my commentary on what colleges are, then this is all you really had to say, since you supposedly just want to focus on the transit)

When you said that snarky ass shit about making some website to go off as much as I like (after I implicated that colleges are infact the safe spaces), yeah, that's when I went left... Someone that agrees with colleges being woke, safe spaces wouldn't say something like that (regardless if this is a transit forum or not).... That's how I know you're full of shit with a supposed agreeance of sorts.... What you want do to is come on here & portray yourself like your replies were innocuous before that fact....

What I'm questioning is your continued existence on this forum, after calling this place a safe space... The more you continue to reply, the more you expose yourself.

If it didn't apply to me? Your comment was literally directed at me, you jackass...

You coming on here on some, let's not mix politics into here, was a complete misfire... Nobody was talking, or attempting to talk politics.... The very next remark you made, was stating that this is a safe space.... I later go on to implicate that colleges are the places that are safe spaces.... You want to talk about tough guy attitudes & wanting apologies & hugs & going on long rants & anything else you want to use to try to deflect, but this all stems from you feeling some type of away about what I said about what colleges are nowadays....

All three of your remarks in that first reply of yours was a non sequitur:

1. "Let's not mix in politics into here." (This wasn't being done)
  2. "This is a safe space." (What prompted this exactly ???)
  3. "I remember when I went to NJCU (years ago)  that there use to be a poster at the academic building explaining the bus routes and the zones. I've seen people more and more get confused."(If you actually agreed with my commentary on what colleges are, then this is all you really had to say, since you supposedly just want to focus on the transit)

When you said that snarky ass shit about making some website to go off as much as I like (after I implicated that colleges are infact the safe spaces), yeah, that's when I went left... Someone that agrees with colleges being woke, safe spaces wouldn't say something like that (regardless if this is a transit forum or not).... That's how I know you're full of shit with a supposed agreeance of sorts.... What you want do to is come on here & portray yourself like your replies were innocuous before that fact....

When you said that snarky ass shit about making some website to go off as much as I like... The more you continue to reply, the more you expose yourself.

Then what the hell you want. You got an apology so what else you need? You took it that way, blew it up to more than what it is. If you felt that way then dude, you need help.

I use to go to a community college, where some were thinking they are entitled to  cheap or free transit. When they don't want to pay the full fare and are ask to, throw race, sex, etc, as the issue. Then when you explain the student discount, you get that few acting like it hard, like it should be handed and earn with little to no work. That is why, as I kept going, say NJ Transit should work more with colleges, with the very least educating those who are out of state that really don't understand. Maybe I could have explain it more on that part. I got enough so called "woke" people that yeah, maybe my words at you at that time was out of line, when I saw that word.

1. "Let's not mix in politics into here." (poor choice of words)
  2. "This is a safe space." (it is with my struggles in life)

You took a sentence and made it more than what it was. I gave you an apology but your going on like I should leave. If you took whatever I said in some tone, that's not my issue. 

1 hour ago, dkm07302 said:

Then what the hell you want. You got an apology so what else you need? You took it that way, blew it up to more than what it is. If you felt that way then dude, you need help.

I use to go to a community college, where some were thinking they are entitled to  cheap or free transit. When they don't want to pay the full fare and are ask to, throw race, sex, etc, as the issue. Then when you explain the student discount, you get that few acting like it hard, like it should be handed and earn with little to no work. That is why, as I kept going, say NJ Transit should work more with colleges, with the very least educating those who are out of state that really don't understand. Maybe I could have explain it more on that part. I got enough so called "woke" people that yeah, maybe my words at you at that time was out of line, when I saw that word.

1. "Let's not mix in politics into here." (poor choice of words)
  2. "This is a safe space." (it is with my struggles in life)

You took a sentence and made it more than what it was. I gave you an apology but your going on like I should leave. If you took whatever I said in some tone, that's not my issue. 

You want to continue to downplay the snarky shit you said (including your little fake ass apology).... You're not at all innocent in all this... This whole explanation you've been giving about NJT as it relates to colleges has been nonsensical the entire time... Another non sequitur... The shit does... not... follow....

Furthermore, I don't want or need shit from the likes of you..... If it's anyone that needs help, it's you and your struggles in life that's got you thinking this is a safe space (something else that sounds disjointed, but whatever)....

3 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

You want to continue to downplay the snarky shit you said (including your little fake ass apology).... You're not at all innocent in all this... This whole explanation you've been giving about NJT as it relates to colleges has been nonsensical the entire time... Another non sequitur... The shit does... not... follow....

Furthermore, I don't want or need shit from the likes of you..... If it's anyone that needs help, it's you and your struggles in life that's got you thinking this is a safe space (something else that sounds disjointed, but whatever)....

If you took a damn sentence as snarky (which I don't know how you did), like I said before, that's not on me. Also, I gave a explanation and for some reason it not enough. Again, not my issue. Lastly, I don't need to give you shit else. I gave you an apology but I'm guessing because I'm not begging for forgiveness it ain't enough. You took a one sentence shit and came back with a damn paragraph. You took on it on another level for some dumbass reason. I don't need this shit from the likes of you. 

10 hours ago, dkm07302 said:

If you took a damn sentence as snarky (which I don't know how you did), like I said before, that's not on me. Also, I gave a explanation and for some reason it not enough. Again, not my issue. Lastly, I don't need to give you shit else. I gave you an apology but I'm guessing because I'm not begging for forgiveness it ain't enough. You took a one sentence shit and came back with a damn paragraph. You took on it on another level for some dumbass reason. I don't need this shit from the likes of you. 

Of course you're going to continue downplaying your role in all this....

I wasn't asking for any of that BS from you to begin with - not an explanation, nor this "apology" you keep bringing up... I legit don't give a f*** about either.... The fact of the matter is that I didn't initially say shit to you, to even start this god damn exchange... You replied to an initial post of mine (that didn't have shit to do with you) because you felt some type of way.... Not the other way around... Point Blank.... I'm having a chill banter with someone else & here comes your weeble wobble ass trying to forum police somebody on what they should "let's not" talk about (or using your exact terminology, "mix").... Worry about wtf you post when you the submit reply button, don't worry about the thoughts I convey, if it aint got shit to do with you....

What shit you claim to not need is null & void if you keep engaging in it.... But since you bring it up, Nobody's putting a gun to your head & forcing you to post on this so-called safe space here.... Where the f*** is all this transit that you're supposed to focusing on anyway.... Instead, you've been just as much as a willing participant in this non-transit related exchange... You tell me to spare the tough guy attitude, but here you are (trying to) do the same shit... What's not going to happen is this whole, you trying to hold me to standards that you don't hold yourself to, while trying to throw rocks & hide your hands, with your no accountability having ass.....

22 hours ago, go25 said:

I forgot about those OWL trips... good call, man.

No doubt.

I wonder why they conceal the routing it takes to/from Secaucus UPS on the strip map on the schedule (even if it's sectioned off from the main strip map, similar to how they do the Union City insets for the PABT routes via Union City, they should at least still show it)... They could even put the schedule for those trips adjacent to it...

19 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

Can't see the Little Ferry H-mart being anymore of a ridership generator for the #127 than the Ridgefield H-mart currently not being.... I mean, I get that the current terminal for the #127 is more or less in the middle of nothing in-particular, but I personally wouldn't bother extending the route (to terminate) to that area where that variant of the #165 in question passes through (even if it would offer more service around that shopping plaza throughout the day).... Speaking of which, I seriously doubt that shopping plaza in question deserves that stark an increase in service, that running #127's over there would yield....

NJT would likely suggest taking the #161 & walking over there anyway....

On 8/3/2022 at 8:38 PM, 553 Bridgeton said:

Njt is stuck, they refuse to simplify the system and it’s very frustrating from a b/o stand point. I know the fare is the same from Newark/NYC so if I get a 28 or 29 zone ticket I won’t say nothing if they are going to New York. The only issue is if the company does audit you they’ll write you up for taking a intrastate ticket to New York. To go by the book any fare going into New York or Philadelphia needs to have a interstate ticket or monthly pass. 

Fares from Camden(WRTC only)to Philadelphia is 1.95, however before WRTC it’s 3.50. But Union City to New York is straight 3.50 and they don’t care if your in Weekawken it’s 3.50, same with GWB, it’s 3.50 from Bridge Plaza to the terminal. 

The whole state should be under 1 fare system not no north/south crap. The 317 uses north fares after Lakewood but the 559 stays on south fares from Toms River to Lakewood. But if you take the 67 from Toms River to Lakewood it’s north fare. When the 137 had those am trippers via the 559 it was north fares on the 137. People weren’t riding because they knew the 559 was cheaper. But if you need a CTT from say Waretown to Freehold you pay north fares from Waretown. 

319 from Atlantic City to New York round trip is $39.00. From New York it’s $42.00, however from New York if you don’t buy the rt ex it’s $72.00 round trip. From Atlantic City it’s $39.00 even if you buy a ow ticket. The system is broken. 

In the summer there are 3 Jersey City buses from Atlantic City. 

From AC
Weekdays 415a, 445p

Weekends 415a, 445p, 9000

From JC

Weekdays 932p, 1227p, 415p

Weekends 930a, 1230p

🤦‍♀️

No doubt.

I wonder why they conceal the routing it takes to/from Secaucus UPS on the strip map on the schedule (even if it's sectioned off from the main strip map, similar to how they do the Union City insets for the PABT routes via Union City, they should at least still show it)... They could even put the schedule for those trips adjacent to it...

Can't see the Little Ferry H-mart being anymore of a ridership generator for the #127 than the Ridgefield H-mart currently not being.... I mean, I get that the current terminal for the #127 is more or less in the middle of nothing in-particular, but I personally wouldn't bother extending the route (to terminate) to that area where that variant of the #165 in question passes through (even if it would offer more service around that shopping plaza throughout the day).... Speaking of which, I seriously doubt that shopping plaza in question deserves that stark an increase in service, that running #127's over there would yield....

NJT would likely suggest taking the #161 & walking over there anyway....

The 127 is literally a backwards 83 lmao.

But on a real note, another thing I don’t like about NJT is their fleet structure.

For example, with the amount of ridership on the 320, it should be using artics all day and not MCI’s. The dwell time alone gives the route delays. The 355 should be using NABI’s because of the low ridership.

10 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

The 127 is literally a backwards 83 lmao.

But on a real note, another thing I don’t like about NJT is their fleet structure.

For example, with the amount of ridership on the 320, it should be using artics all day and not MCI’s. The dwell time alone gives the route delays. The 355 should be using NABI’s because of the low ridership.

This I agree with.

On 8/3/2022 at 8:38 PM, 553 Bridgeton said:

One correction to your post, the fare for Bridge Plaza East/West is $1.85. Now if you get off at the next stop or get on at the previous stop, which is on Lemoine Ave going up the stairs while still at Bridge Plaza, then you have to pay $3.50. I mean it's ridiculous to have that setup in the first place, walking up/down the stairs saves you $1.65.

As far as the rest of your post, JFC what a mess. I get that the state is huge, but yeah it doesn't have to be too complicated. Preferably, they should also look into cutting down the amount of zones. That might mean increasing the base fare a bit (and to what is another story), but I think a lot more people would benefit from it who ride multiple zones. Along with having some sort of fare card, and fares that don't make you nickel and dime it (literally), it would make it easier to use the bus and help entice some new riders. NJ Transit has really failed to get with the times in a lot of ways. 

9 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Along with having some sort of fare card, and fares that don't make you nickel and dime it (literally), it would make it easier to use the bus and help entice some new riders. NJ Transit has really failed to get with the times in a lot of ways. 

Soon to be in the making.  It’ll be interesting to see how that goes....

23 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

....But on a real note, another thing I don’t like about NJT is their fleet structure.

I'm trying to think of a route that quote-unquote normally uses MCI's (that should perhaps have the local fleet ran on it), and I can't think of one.... The #355 (unlike, say. the #111) is very hit or miss when it comes to patronage (I never thought the #355 should've became a thing from jump, especially with its exorbitant fare, but that's another issue)... The #320 Harmon Meadow? Nah, I can't agree with running artics on that route... The thing is a commuter route & should continue to use MCI's AFAIC.... If you think artics should run on the #320 because of its usage, I'd like to know your thoughts on running artics on the #111 for that same reason (usage).....

To sum it up, I don't take much of any issue with NJT's dispersion of their bus fleet, even with the way the MCI's & the NABI's are interchangeably used on some of the SNJ routes...