Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

13 hours ago, biGC323232 said:

Wow..I wonder why the (MTA) didn't stay with that....

2 reasons IIRC. 

1. The F platforms south of a Church are only good for 600 feet, so conductors would either have to fumingate the last car, or terminate 11 car trains at Church. The first takes time, and the second cuts service to the Culver El. 

2. Many if not most platforms on the F give train crews only the smallest margin of error with 11 car trains, so running them would precipitate overruns. 

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a random question that I could ask in 3 diffrent threads 

Would it be good to put the '179's and some 4 car R160 sets on the (G) and have the (C) use its R68's while swapping northern terminals with the (B) and recouple some R160 4 car sets into 5 car sets (this could be done with the R179's as well which is optional) and leaving the rest of the 4 car sets in the eastern division. This is so that the  can have extended service and the (C) could use 600' long cars. And with the remaining R32's leave 'em on the (A) and/or (B) ???

Let me know your feedback

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

There's at least one set of 8 car 32s still running on the (C), I also seen a couple of sets of 46s running on the line as well as a 160 set... The (C) is using three different car classes!

That’s nothing new. The (A) uses 3 different car classes everyday!

2 hours ago, VIP said:

That’s nothing new. The (A) uses 3 different car classes everyday!

I know it does. I mentioned that cause outside of the (J)  line and R179 happenings, the subway is a little bland these days, especially compared to the 90s and 2000s. You could say (C) used three different car classes briefly in the late 2000s when the R40M/40 Slant and R42 all ran on the line at the same time, that is if you consider the R40M and R40 Slant separate car classes, I don't, they were the same from a rider's prospective IMO.

As for this thread, I got an R32 (A) train going home :):D The (A) is my favorite line to ride R32s on, Rode it from Midtown to Broadway Junction, loved every minute of it :D  reminds me of riding the red train in my avi on the (2) , (4) and (5) back in the days.

Edited by trainfan22

11 minutes ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

I saw this today as well, I freaked out on the (A) like it was summer 2012! I hope at least some of these trains stay permanent to the (C)!

Ah, I remember those days, being a somewhat naive yet very neutral feeling 9 year old 

Yet now as a 14 year old going into 15. I didn't even bother to even step into the subway to look for that "46 (C) train 

Edited by LGA Link N train