*Clears Throat* 7090 *Drops Mic, Walks Away*

The Real

I don't know why they still have those straps around when they aren't reliable.  They're better off just not even having them.  Other than that, it looks pretty good. Should be easier to keep clean, with the plain floors and non cushion seats.

At least it's better than the LFS's layout. Nothing to hold on in the very front.

I don't know why they still have those straps around when they aren't reliable.  They're better off just not even having them.  Other than that, it looks pretty good. Should be easier to keep clean, with the plain floors and non cushion seats.

That because they use a cheap material that can easily rip. I rather have more straps in the buses when it is too crowded and have another way to hold on.

That because they use a cheap material that can easily rip. I rather have more straps in the buses when it is too crowded and have another way to hold on.

At least it's better than the LFS's layout. Nothing to hold on in the very front.

But if they rip so easily, what's the point of even bothering? Anytime I'm on a LFS or LFSA, I just use the bars.  I can't see a scenario where it would be so crowded that there wouldn't be anything to hold on to, even in the front.  Seems like a waste of money overall if they either have to be replaced constantly, or they constantly rip when someone does try to use them.

But if they rip so easily, what's the point of even bothering? Anytime I'm on a LFS or LFSA, I just use the bars.  I can't see a scenario where it would be so crowded that there wouldn't be anything to hold on to, even in the front.  Seems like a waste of money overall if they either have to be replaced constantly, or they constantly rip when someone does try to use them.

Take the Q46 anytime from 3 PM and on towards Glen Oaks or LIJ. You'll see what I mean (from Kew Gardens).

They are switching to another material as 7090 and other Nova LFS artic buses has. Its not a waste of money if there is no poles between ADA wheelchair seats and first front forward seats that you can hold on to if you have short arms.

Well yeah I know it's über crowded... I've been on them myself, but I still don't recall that being an issue.

it is super crowded during PM rush.

They are switching to another material as 7090 and other Nova LFS artic buses has. Its not a waste of money if there is no poles between ADA wheelchair seats and first front forward seats that you can hold on to if you have short arms.

it is super crowded during PM rush.

If you have short arms, then you may not be able to reach the straps either... Just a thought... 

Take the Q46 anytime from 3 PM and on towards Glen Oaks or LIJ. You'll see what I mean (from Kew Gardens).

also around 5 in the opposite direction, they are needed. Once I got an operator who through the brakes really hard and people were flying everywhere

The Q46 needs Artics

Great pics the real!

Beautiful bus!  Great pic!

Yes, yes it is. 4 units have been build, 7090-7093, only 7090 has been delivered for initial acceptance.

I assume these are being built at the St. Cloud plant?  How many are coming in per week?  What is the aprx date they will all be delivered?

How can you ask these questions when the first bus hasn't even seen passenger service yet...

Why can't I ask these questions if the first bus hasn't even seen passenger service yet? Surly this bus was built somewhere (and the 275 to follow will probably be built in the same plant?), ...and Nova usually has a pretty clear window of delivery dates...  How exactly was my question out of line?

Found the answer to most ofmy questions on the New Flyer site:

http://www.newflyer.com/index/2014_02_03_new_york_award

Production of the 276 Xcelsior® buses is expected to begin in the third quarter of 2014 with the delivery of four pilot buses.  All production buses are to be completed by the fourth quarter of 2015.

Archived