Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sixgvd94 said:

Does anybody know someone that didnt make it through probation and put their name back on the list with DCAS

Is that possible? All I know if u don’t u can still take test that’s what far rock depot did but idk why they hit him with a 1 to 3 rule unfortunately 

Edited by Riku

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

@Riku hey how's school car coming along for you!

It’s going well! Only two more days left of posting then my final and road practical. So I been studying and getting ready for that. How’s the road been man since u been out there by urself now?

7 minutes ago, Riku said:

It’s going well! Only two more days left of posting then my final and road practical. So I been studying and getting ready for that. How’s the road been man since u been out there by urself now?

Woah wtf you guys are almost done?? That went by super quickly, it's been good but god help me these customers drive you up the wall making you wanna pull your hair out. 

9 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Woah wtf you guys are almost done?? That went by super quickly, it's been good but god help me these customers drive you up the wall making you wanna pull your hair out. 

14 days went by fast lol. yea even during posting it was something new everyday with these customers, complaints, holding doors open, the amount of questions waiting by ur window while your doing ur trying to do your operations is the one I hate the most 🤦‍♂️

34 minutes ago, Riku said:

14 days went by fast lol. yea even during posting it was something new everyday with these customers, complaints, holding doors open, the amount of questions waiting by ur window while your doing ur trying to do your operations is the one I hate the most 🤦‍♂️

Or when they play musical cars I shut them down like whoops and turn then key to run and then they're all like 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Sixgvd94 said:

Does anybody know someone that didnt make it through probation and put their name back on the list with DCAS

I believe my classmate did it. He failed the yard practical and I'm hearing that he got into a later class off this same list.

1 hour ago, Schecter said:

That next promotion to train operator exam can't come soon enough, I'm tired of these damn people lol. I don't know how some of these senior C/R's do it, can't see myself doing this job for more than 5 years and I only have a year down here.

1 hour ago, Jchambers2120 said:

I believe my classmate did it. He failed the yard practical and I'm hearing that he got into a later class off this same list.

That next promotion to train operator exam can't come soon enough, I'm tired of these damn people lol. I don't know how some of these senior C/R's do it, can't see myself doing this job for more than 5 years and I only have a year down here.

Yeah 5 years till top pay is bugging me, I've already taken the train operator exam back in 2017 which I am going to do once I finish my probation.

Also to everybody coming in you'll be in the mercy of the crew office (the people who give you your schedule). They'll constantly change your shifts and your RDOs without caring at all. They'll throw you on midnights and afternoons or have you on board waiting for a job. You'll be in their hands until you get to pick a job. So get ready to have no personal life what so ever, you'll be waking up and going to sleep thinking of this job and dreaming about this job. It'll be your second wife or husband.

7 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Also to everybody coming in you'll be in the mercy of the crew office (the people who give you your schedule). They'll constantly change your shifts and your RDOs without caring at all. They'll throw you on midnights and afternoons or have you on board waiting for a job. You'll be in their hands until you get to pick a job. So get ready to have no personal life what so ever, you'll be waking up and going to sleep thinking of this job and dreaming about this job. It'll be your second wife or husband.

You working roughly 40hrs though? 

58 minutes ago, Schecter said:

I’m in t/o schoolcar and experiencing this feeling to an extent now. But I’m adjusting 

On 9/7/2019 at 2:17 PM, Sixgvd94 said:

Once you got hired,  that's it for you on that list. 

On 9/7/2019 at 2:19 PM, Riku said:

Is that possible? All I know if u don’t u can still take test that’s what far rock depot did but idk why they hit him with a 1 to 3 rule unfortunately 

You can indeed take the next test. 

I'm currently working on getting recertified onto this list since I was one in three'd. That you can try. 

7 minutes ago, Far Rock Depot said:

I'm currently working on getting recertified onto this list since I was one in three'd. That you can try. 

Excellent man hope you get back on!

23 hours ago, Far Rock Depot said:

You positive about that? One of my classmates failed the yard practical and I’m hearing he got hired again into a later class.

Goodluck with your process. 

20 hours ago, Schecter said:

I'm always wondering if I've ever seen any of you guys while I'm down here working I'm always smiling at the conductor across from me hoping it's one of you LOL

If you’re in the A division and you see a baby faced tall (extremely handsome) twig than most likely that’s me. 

21 hours ago, Schecter said:

I'm always wondering if I've ever seen any of you guys while I'm down here working I'm always smiling at the conductor across from me hoping it's one of you LOL

i be like that when I see A division trains when I’m off, like I wonder if this is schecter lol 

On 9/7/2019 at 3:55 PM, Jchambers2120 said:

Is it possible that you can ask him exactly how the process went for him. I got hit and was encouraged to put my name back on the list so im trying to figure out what to do and whats gonna happen

8 hours ago, Sixgvd94 said:

Is it possible that you can ask him exactly how the process went for him. I got hit and was encouraged to put my name back on the list so im trying to figure out what to do and whats gonna happen

Sorry I haven't spoken to this individual since August of last year, don't even think I have his phone number. You can try to contact the HR at Livingston or try DCAS I'm sure they'll be more insightful than me. And I'm sorry that you had to go through that. I'm getting my info from another one of my classmates who ran into him

2 hours ago, Schecter said:

If you fail the yard practical you're allowed to take it again. If you fail the road practical then it's over for you. You get two chances for the yard practical and only one chance for the road practical.

I should've been more specific in my post. He failed both the initial test along with the retake and essentially was let go. Had to turn all of his stuff in. Now he's back into a later class

Anybody know when they will be having another class. I was being considered for the August 19th class, however, due to being on medical hold I missed that opportunity. I was finally qualified this past Monday but they told me unfortunately they're are no more vacancies at the moment and that I had to be reestablished on the list, which I did. Also if I get called back does anyone know if I have go through the PE process all over again?