Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

Hello:

I have a question, and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

I am ranked 13** on this list for Conductor (#6601), and I had deferred it initially, due to being a current MTA employee in another title and unable to transfer at that time.  I then took the offer for the August class, but due to family reasons, I had to defer that hiring as well.  Numerous people have since been hired, and Transit is still hiring.  I dont think Ill be able to recertify my name until at the earliest, mid April 2020.  I'm very concerned Transit will either: 1) close out this list and have another exam; or 2)have hired all they need, and no longer hire new conductors.  If I must wait until mid April, would I still have a chance of being hired onto this list, or should I do all that I can to try to get recertified ASAP??

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

More than likely you're going to the B division. Currently there's a shortage of conductors in the B, so much so that they've been recruiting conductors who don't have picked jobs in the A division to come over. 

Yeah they even put it on the sheets to put in a g2 to the crew office to get into the B 

19 minutes ago, Yks747 said:

Hello:

I have a question, and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

I am ranked 13** on this list for Conductor (#6601), and I had deferred it initially, due to being a current MTA employee in another title and unable to transfer at that time.  I then took the offer for the August class, but due to family reasons, I had to defer that hiring as well.  Numerous people have since been hired, and Transit is still hiring.  I dont think Ill be able to recertify my name until at the earliest, mid April 2020.  I'm very concerned Transit will either: 1) close out this list and have another exam; or 2)have hired all they need, and no longer hire new conductors.  If I must wait until mid April, would I still have a chance of being hired onto this list, or should I do all that I can to try to get recertified ASAP??

I would try to get recertified you don't want to miss an opportunity, and then have to wait until the MTA decides to spit out another conductor exam.  But if you have to wait until April 2020 I would try talking to Ms.Vargas over at 180 and ask her for her advice as well. She's a super sweet lady.

7 minutes ago, Schecter said:

I would try to get recertified you don't want to miss an opportunity, and then have to wait until the MTA decides to spit out another conductor exam.  But if you have to wait until April 2020 I would try talking to Ms.Vargas over at 180 and ask her for her advice as well. She's a super sweet lady.

How do we get in touch with her?

4 minutes ago, PatientlyWaiting30 said:

How do we get in touch with her?

For Ms. Vargas it's 347-643-8218 don't leave a voicemail because you'll never hear back at all. So just keep calling and you'll get her eventually, Monday through Friday I don't know her hours but probably anytime after 930am.

Received a letter today for my 2nd P/E on the 26th. Ugh, practically no advance notice. Anyways, is there anything different the 2nd time in? Especially, do I have to fill out this damn packet AGAIN? lol

Edited by goukix

On 12/24/2019 at 12:02 AM, goukix said:

Received a letter today for my 2nd P/E on the 26th. Ugh, practically no advance notice. Anyways, is there anything different the 2nd time in? Especially, do I have to fill out this damn packet AGAIN? lol

If its been more then 60 days since your last P/E then yes. But they probably still have your old form on file and you can ask for it so you can just transfer all the information over.

3 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

If its been more then 60 days since your last P/E then yes. But they probably still have your old form on file and you can ask for it so you can just transfer all the information over.

Eh I already filled it out. I remembered that I made a copy of the previous paperwork so it was just a simple matter of copying the info over

1 minute ago, goukix said:

Eh I already filled it out. I remembered that I made a copy of the previous paperwork so it was just a simple matter of copying the info over

Yeah that's what I did I took pictures during my first PE and then my final PE which was my second PE i just copied everything over makes it easier