ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, kev2112 said:

Hello....is there anybody out there?  Very quiet here. 16xx First PE expired 3 months ago. Hope everyone here is well.

Been very quiet, even the school car forum quiet down a bit. Markguy called Vargas a few weeks back, she told him to call back to see if there’s any changes. But once this forum starts up again I bet that’s when folks start receiving their letters.

Hey guys, so I went to the LIRR Locomotive engineer trainee open house this past Monday. I passed the exam and hopefully will move on to the next phase at some time. My number for TO is 13xx and I wish the classes would move faster. My question is if given the opportunity for both which one would you choose? I'm looking at the pros and cons but I ultimately just want the best for my family and myself. Thanks for any input

2 hours ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

Been very quiet, even the school car forum quiet down a bit. Markguy called Vargas a few weeks back, she told him to call back to see if there’s any changes. But once this forum starts up again I bet that’s when folks start receiving their letters.

According to a city data website, the city made a request for over 200 T/O's yesterday. I entered my name and saw that date next to it. I'm not sure if that means more classes are coming soon, but it could be a good sign. I'm following this info in the conductor thread, because someone said the city wants to hire 200 new conductors as well. 

2 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

According to a city data website, the city made a request for over 200 T/O's yesterday. I entered my name and saw that date next to it. I'm not sure if that means more classes are coming soon, but it could be a good sign. I'm following this info in the conductor thread, because someone said the city wants to hire 200 new conductors as well. 

Hopefully that’s as of now and not an old request for the previous classes they called.

Thanks for sending that link. I am on that certificate list too. Number 14XX, I was on the same list from 2018 when I got called in November for the first time. My P/E stuff expired back in March. So, my educated guess would be many of us will be receiving that second letter in the coming weeks. However, that doesn't mean they will get all the way to list numbers 14XX, that depends how many classes will established. At least this is a good sign of it moving forward a bit. :)

58 minutes ago, kev2112 said:

I clicked on this and noticed that there is a date near my name that coincides with the first PE I went for. Now there is a date of 5/7. I'm hoping that means another call soon

What was the first date of your PE ? I see I have a 5/7 date as well. I don’t really understand it all.

Hey Guys,

I'm list #17**.I was called back in November 2018 for my first PE. I just landed a great gig and was curious how I go about delaying my being called for 6 months to a year and still maintaining my list#. Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Kidbx175 said:

My first was 12/3 and I don’t see the date on the chart. So that 5/7 might not mean anything. 

People in the conductor thread are suddenly getting new pre employment letters now, apparently. Could be a positive harbinger.

3 hours ago, Kidbx175 said:

What was the first date of your PE ? I see I have a 5/7 date as well. I don’t really understand it all.

Call the NYCT this is the number (347)643-7413 and ask them about what you saw and they should be able to help a ton. Hopefully lol....

1 hour ago, MarkGuy said:

People in the conductor thread are suddenly getting new pre employment letters now, apparently. Could be a positive harbinger.

Well according to the link I sent you guys it did mention 200 vacancies for the conductor position. So they'll be calling in 200 people for the next classes. 

5 hours ago, Schecter said:

Well according to the link I sent you guys it did mention 200 vacancies for the conductor position. So they'll be calling in 200 people for the next classes. 

I see 225 vacant spots, but I’m a bit confused with these dates. List number 11XX

1 minute ago, Conductor2015 said:

School car tss confirmed to me that they need 180 people for June.  I'll harass him for the exact day sometime this week . That'll bring the number into the 1000s and that potentially puts me in there for the summer.

You sure they don't need 400 people so I can be called LOL

8 minutes ago, Schecter said:

You sure they don't need 400 people so I can be called LOL

Well look at this way , you know that everyone will not be ready and everyone will not be medically ready.  Soooooooo that should give you high Hopes lol. Trust me alot of people get out on medical hold and they keep moving on