B/O #9604 Hiring Process (TA)

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.ad709944b622affec9979d37954c1e50.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9604

List Status:  This list has been established as of November 27, 2019, with an expiration date, as of now, of November 27th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.19 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, NMondi said:

@+Young+ I assume we do our drug test the day we go down for our pre employment ?

I was also told we pick our depots out of training depending on seniority order and what’s available 

That is all correct. Picking depots comes after the initial 10-Day Training Session. And just be "prepared" to go to either Queens or Staten Island, since they will be placing you depending upon where you're needed.

Anyone know how "sensitive" the drug test is? 

Not a heavy smoker but did smoke for a week about two months ago and would rather keep my name off the list for a sec in order to avoid failing the test. 

Usually piss tests only go back 4-6 weeks but who knows if the MTA is using a more sensitive test. Anyone who has taken and passed this part of the process have any insight?

I'm list #7X but been off the list because I've just now reached having my license for three years. Glad to see this list moving so fast. 

Hey guys, not sure what to do and looking for some guidance, I just got on the job for NYPD and now I too am getting the calls for MTA bus operator and appointment date. Any suggestions if it's better to stay NYPD or make the switch to MTA? What is top pay as a bus driver? I can't seem to find that info online. I know bus operator will probably be a better quality of life than NYPD but I'm trying to figure out the pro's and cons now of both sides, any help would be greatly appreciated.

13 minutes ago, NMondi said:

Congrats….you really pushed it to the limit. Least you got that and can I’ve forward. Next big step for you is passing the actual road test through the MTA training which I believe you get two chances 

If you qualify day 7 you get 2 chances at the road test. If you qualify say 9 or 10 you get 1. 

20 minutes ago, NMondi said:

Im happy I don’t gotta deal with that stress I’ve had my CDL for the last two 1/2 years 

I did it for two years failed all of my test ..  finally I passed.  Fourth time ..    today I slowed down skipped some questions. Educated guess a few of them . Computer buffering was was scaring me . It say I passed. I was like whew.

49 minutes ago, mattfutureconductor5 said:

I did it for two years failed all of my test ..  finally I passed.  Fourth time ..    today I slowed down skipped some questions. Educated guess a few of them . Computer buffering was was scaring me . It say I passed. I was like whew.

Doesn’t matter if you passed the first time or the 10th, congratulations on passing. 

Hi guys, anyone from this got a phone call about reporting to 180 livingston street On Monday, August 2, 2021. I got a phone call this morning, along with an email, and a text message. Im just wondering if anyone else got a phone call to report on August 2, 2021? Thanks in advance. I have my CDL already, will I still have to during the 10 day training program do the pre trip of the bus?

11 hours ago, train1290 said:

Hi guys, anyone from this got a phone call about reporting to 180 livingston street On Monday, August 2, 2021. I got a phone call this morning, along with an email, and a text message. Im just wondering if anyone else got a phone call to report on August 2, 2021? Thanks in advance. I have my CDL already, will I still have to during the 10 day training program do the pre trip of the bus?

i got for thursday early in the morning i got a call from albany, text and an email

28 minutes ago, mattfutureconductor5 said:

Of course.it is this exam .. be patient ..what your list #  .  My actual list number 15XX .  I keep getting it confused with other city exams I took.   

My bad I’m on several MTA Bus exams lol… 

12 hours ago, misslo said:

i got for thursday early in the morning i got a call from albany, text and an email

Im Going this upcoming Monday, August 2, 2021 at 7:45a.m. I just hope its not an all day thing waiting at 180 livingston street?