Select Bus Service Discussion Thread

Union Tpke

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the 82 select as I speak and a few things off here:

1) Seems my driver forgot the memo that the 82 Select was supposed to turn on to Avenue K for Kings Highway instead of continuing straight to Flatbush via Flatlands.

2) Seems that some fare boxes are still taking MetroCard seeing that a few people got on without the driver saying anything

🤷‍♀️

48 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

On the B82 SBS right now, seems like bus lanes are needed in more areas then they should. Trucks are still blocking traffic.

The DOT converted some metered parking to truck loading zones.

2 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

No dice. Than how are the buses moving through the lane. *crunches numbers* to say B82SBS is moving at rapid rate while the real truth is that buses are moving extra slow. SMDH 

What are you even trying to say? If trucks aren't using the designated loading zones, that should be fixed.

2 minutes ago, P3F said:

What are you even trying to say? If trucks aren't using the designated loading zones, that should be fixed.

Here’s my issue. The bulk of that traffic is between East 16th and Coney Island Avenue which is the main commercial district. Trucks have to make their deliveries along the commercial district. What are the hours? 10-3? or during rush hour? 

Had the re-route was on Avenue P. There wouldn’t be any issue to that problem. However, there are no entrances at Avenue P for the (B)(Q) so the issue will continue to present it self on Kings Highway. 

2 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Here’s my issue. The bulk of that traffic is between East 16th and Coney Island Avenue which is the main commercial district. Trucks have to make their deliveries along the commercial district. What are the hours? 10-3? or during rush hour? 

Had the re-route was on Avenue P. There wouldn’t be any issue to that problem. However, there are no entrances at Avenue P for the (B)(Q) so the issue will continue to present it self on Kings Highway. 

The truck loading zones are set to middays, although the actual times vary between spots. An example of one is 10 AM - 2 PM. After 2 PM that segment becomes normal metered parking.

2 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

On the B82 SBS right now, seems like bus lanes are needed in more areas then they should. Trucks are still blocking traffic.

Some people park in these loading zones not caring not one bit and that’s how we get congestion in the area. The traffic cops of the people who supposed to give out tickets aren’t doing so. 

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

No dice. Than how are the buses moving through the lane. *crunches numbers* to say B82SBS is moving at rapid rate while the real truth is that buses are moving extra slow. SMDH 

I took the 82 today and it wasn’t slow at all. Actually it took off about 4-6 minutes off my commute home today. But it also could be because it’s a Jewish holiday today and tomorrow so we won’t really know how it does until everyone is back at work or school. 

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

The issue with trucks are exactly lack of loadings zones... well until know. As I said up top you have people who’ve are parking in these loading zones prohibiting trucks from parking. Unless DOT and the NYPD actually do something about it congestion is still going to be an issue. 

But my experience with the 82 sbs has been good just for today. The busses were frequent more so than the old limited and they weren’t as crowded. Funny how the local was still crowded while sbs buses weren’t, but I guess people have to become more familiar with it over time. I really wished they would introduce it for the weekends because it’s needed in my opinion. I’ll post more about the 82 throughout the week because it is a religious holiday time so that route hasn’t seen the true traffic yet. 

Edited by Brillant93

3 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Also, one of the "new" XD40's already broke down near 59th St on Flatlands.

I believe that bus was involved in a collision. When I was heading to work, I noticed a sedan door turned the opposite way. The ambulance , NYPD and MTA supervisions was at the scene.