• (B) - Sixth Avenue Express
    • (C) - Eighth Avenue Local
    • (D) - Sixth Avenue Express
    • (E) - Eighth Avenue Local
    • (F) - Sixth Avenue Local
    • (G) - Crosstown Local
    • (H) - Rockaway Shuttle
    • (V) - Sixth Avenue Local

Its usually the uptown (A)'s between 14 to 59sts. Many times taking an (A) or (C) uptown from 14 to 59th, the (C) usually wins or they would arrive at the same time. Uptown (A)'s slows down at 23rd, and 50th. They are usually held at 34th and 42nd. (E) trains using R160s which are faster than older cars, adds an extra boost. Downtown (A)'s are not a problem, they fly down those tracks.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I voted for the (D), partially out of nostalgia, partially because it's a great ride. In Brooklyn, the Coney Island section is pretty moderate, but by the time you reach Bensonhurst, you are over 86th Street headed west. As a kid coming home from Coney Island on Friday nights, I can remember the smell of Italian cooking as we passed here. Made me learn how to cook Eggplant Parmisian. A right turn on to New Utrecht Ave and you can see the Manhattan skyline, dominated by the Empire State Building. Turn again to join the 4th Ave line underground and it becomes an Express train all the way to 145th St in Harlem. Then it reaches my favorite ballpark Yankee Stadium and up the Grand Concourse to my fiances old neighborhood in the Moshulu Parkway Area.

Good memories and still a good ride. :tup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The (A) and the (D) are both like a team to me, however (D) also wins over the (A), because (D) always run express between 145st-59st, including late nights, while the (A) runs local replacing (C) late nights. Plus normal weekday rush hours only (D) runs express in The Bronx (Peak Direction).

Another thing is that the (A) sometimes wins over the (D), when the (A) is express, and by have the longest line out of the NYC Subways.

What do you think????

If I had to guess, I'd say because the (V) terminated at Lower East Side-Second Avenue and ran weekdays only. I'm sure there were those who didn't like the (V) because "she caused the (F) to run via East 63d Street"

why does no one like the (V)?:P:tdown::tdown::cry:

(V) LOVER

Monday, December 16, 2001 - Friday, June 25, 2010. R.I.P. Farewell friend.:cry:

If I had to guess, I'd say because the (V) terminated at Lower East Side-Second Avenue and ran weekdays only. I'm sure there were those who didn't like the (V) because "she caused the (F) to run via East 63d Street"

I consider the (V) to be a "he".

To me all trains, and their letters are female. None are male. This has to do with an old belief that came from ships. Ships rocked their owners like a mom does. Ships are also called she's because they are treated with affection. So I belief since every object or person a person loves is called a she, because they would treat that object with care, and affection. Also I do have love and affection for a girl that I like, and for things that I like too.

This is how I would prove it

(A)-Ana

(B)-Bertha

(C)-Catherine

(D)-Dorothy

(E)-Elizabeth

(F)-Fiona

(G)-Gabrielle

(H)-Heather

(J)-Jessica

(K)-Katrina

(L)-Lauren

(M)-Mary

(N)-Nicole

(Q)-Queenie

(R)-Rachel

(S)-Susanna

(T)-Tess

(V)-Vanessa

(W)-Wilma

(Z)-Zarmina

My favorite line out of here past, and present is (D)-Dorothy.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

From the favorite BMT line thread:

I voted for 4th Ave BMT/West End as I am in BMT foamer mode right now.

I wish this was a IND thread. I would have definitely voted for the Queens Blvd Line obviously.......

Sweet! I'm going to catch up on that tommorow and foameristically explain away the IND QBL as if I'm rewriting history lol.

I voted for the (E). Stay tuned, I will post and explain to you guys (yeah school you ppl) on why I voted on the IND Queens Bvld Line as it is an ingenious feat of engineering..... Too bad I couldn't vote for the (E) and (F) simultaneously......

The (A) is my IND favorite subway route because of its primarily outstanding views across Jamaica Bay and the Rockaways. Its headways are also good. On the down side, some of its express runs with timers in Manhattan and Brooklyn makes the ride very slow and annoying and I believe it should have some more spare trains due to its longer route meaning any cars it uses are prone to breaking down much more often.

The (C) would have to be my second favorite IND line because the R32s make that line their home like the (E) before.

Archived