BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Seems a bit too early for such speculation when implementation won't happen until Summer 2022.

Not really, because they were in the final stage of launching since it was supposed to launch in Fall of 2020.

31 minutes ago, MTA Bus said:

Not really, because they were in the final stage of launching since it was supposed to launch in Fall of 2020.

Did you watch the presentation I posted? They made it pretty clear that they are NOT implementing the Bronx plan that they finalized before the pandemic. They are going to make changes between this year and into next year and THEN finalize a plan for implementation for the Summer 2022.

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

That bus is PAINFUL. Sooooo slow... I took one years ago I forget from where. Never again. Makes every single stop. Terrible. Actually liver near it when I lived in Midwood. Better off walking.

In fairness, the route has a pretty good draw. There's also the abysmal traffic it has to deal with along certain stretches.

Still, it would be really nice to have weekend SBS trips...

On 8/15/2021 at 10:29 AM, Snorunts said:

Then they shouldn't be on the bus bc it ain't fair to anyone else. Anyone can say they have a medical reason to not follow pandemic rules and guidelines.

You may feel that way, but it is not the current government guidance. The TSA does provide exceptions for medical reasons because it is an ADA requirement. The Americans with Disabilities Act requires that you accommodate people with disabilities. Your perception of their risk is not a factor in this process. Just 1.4% of COVID infections worldwide have been on mass transit. It is about the same risk as getting COVID in a restaurant. Meanwhile, 75% of COVID infections have happened at home. Buses and trains have filtration (along with aircraft). Most homes do not.

On 8/15/2021 at 1:08 PM, MHV9218 said:

There are like, 12 people in the country who have even a remotely serious medical condition that would require you to not wear a mask that allows full oxygen intake (this has been studied with exercise) for a brief period of time.

Masks are not recommended for anyone under the age of 2 because their lungs are not developed enough.

It is estimated that 2% of the population suffers from conditions that reduce their breathing capacity enough to where masks are not recommended. That is between 6M and 6.5M people in the United States, or 10 times the number of people that have died from COVID. 

On 8/15/2021 at 1:08 PM, MHV9218 said:

The unvaccinated are ENTIRELY the issue. The vaccines are strikingly effective, including against Delta (Moderna moreso than Pfizer), and the asymptomatic transmission possibility would not even be an issue were it not for the unvaccinated wallowing around. 

From Texas Gov. Abbott's statement (source: ZeroHedge):

Office of the Governor Communications Director Mark Miner today issued a statement after Governor Greg Abbott tested positive for COVID-19:

"Governor Greg Abbott today tested positive for the COVID-19 virus. The Governor has been testing daily, and today was the first positive test result.

"Governor Abbott is in constant communication with his staff, agency heads, and government officials to ensure that state government continues to operate smoothly and efficiently.

"The Governor will isolate in the Governor's Mansion and continue to test daily.

"Governor Abbott is receiving Regeneron's monoclonal antibody treatment.

"Governor Abbott is fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in good health, and currently experiencing no symptoms.

"Everyone that the Governor has been in close contact with today has been notified.

"Texas First Lady Cecilia Abbott tested negative."

Gov Abbott is an example of someone who would have had access in the first wave. Most of the people in the ICU in Israel for COVID are vaccinated (54% of 327 cases), but they were vaccinated in January or earlier. This is why Florida Gov DeSantis has set up Regeneron mobile teams in Florida. HE ACTUALLY READS THE SCIENCE and is way out in front of everyone. 

It's not that the vaccines don't work. It is that it is wearing off earlier than expected and according to the CDC director, the vaccines no longer prevent transmission. It is entirely possible that the boosters will once again allow the vaccines to prevent transmission. The CDC director expressed a concern that the vaccinated could give the unvaccinated the virus. What the media is telling you is the TOTAL OPPOSITE of reality.

walensky-1.jpg

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Did you watch the presentation I posted? They made it pretty clear that they are NOT implementing the Bronx plan that they finalized before the pandemic. They are going to make changes between this year and into next year and THEN finalize a plan for implementation for the Summer 2022.

That's not the point that he was making, you're pretty much arguing for the sake of it and it's dumb, stop it.

The point was when they were going to ORIGINALLY implement the plan before COVID struck, it was pretty heavily rumored that the Bx35 would go to KB and the M125 would go to WF. The key words were FINAL STAGES before the plan was shelved because of the pandemic.

Obviously, now that the redesign is back on track and changes will be made, plans in regards to route shifts may or may not change.

Now, I'll wait as you will most likely retort by beating the dead horse, reiterating your point once again and trying to have the last word when the point flew over your head.

Edited by Cait Sith

6 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

That's not the point that he was making, you're pretty much arguing for the sake of it and it's dumb, stop it.

The point was when they were going to ORIGINALLY implement the plan before COVID struck, it was pretty heavily rumored that the Bx35 would go to KB and the M125 would go to WF. The key words were FINAL STAGES before the plan was shelved because of the pandemic.

Obviously, now that the redesign is back on track and changes will be made, plans in regards to route shifts may or may not change.

Now, I'll wait as you will most likely retort by beating the dead horse, reiterating your point once again and trying to have the last word when the point flew over your head.

Actually, the point wasn't lost on me at all. It's funny...  You're always one to say that people should wait and see what happens. Ok, entertain the rumor then (originally or now). I could care less. 

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

6 hours ago, JAzumah said:

It is that it is wearing off earlier than expected and according to the CDC director, the vaccines no longer prevent transmission. It is entirely possible that the boosters will once again allow the vaccines to prevent transmission. The CDC director expressed a concern that the vaccinated could give the unvaccinated the virus. What the media is telling you is the TOTAL OPPOSITE of reality.

walensky-1.jpg

Wait a minute, but when did anyone in the medical world say that any of the vaccines had 100% efficacy? The efficacy rates have varied from vaccine to vaccine from the very beginning, and even with the booster shot, there's no such thing as 100% efficacy. I've also never heard that vaccines prevent transmission.

@Lex I think I took it on a weekend. That likely explains why it was so slow. 

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

1 hour ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

uh, can someone inform transit to remove the B98v/Q98v promo off Spring Creek units? unit #577 is still promoting both lines on the digital display... months after they were killed off 🙄😒

Terrible... Seems to be no oversight at that depot. You would think it would be the opposite being such a small depot. Crazy.

3 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Actually, the point wasn't lost on me at all. It's funny...  You're always one to say that people should wait and see what happens. Ok, entertain the rumor then (originally or now). I could care less. 

I guess you forgot what the word "rumor" means, especially since I never said those things were happening. 🙄

Edited by Cait Sith

8 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Terrible... Seems to be no oversight at that depot. You would think it would be the opposite being such a small depot. Crazy.

not to be an a**hole, but c'mon man. they have absolutely no 24/7 service. they could've updated their local units between 9pm - 5am

11 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

not to be an a**hole, but c'mon man. they have absolutely no 24/7 service. they could've updated their local units between 9pm - 5am

Well I've been hounding the (MTA) about that depot for months. All of the buses constantly fall off BusTime. Buses are filthy too. No AC. Terrible. 

10 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

uh, can someone inform transit to remove the B98v/Q98v promo off Spring Creek units? unit #577 is still promoting both lines on the digital display... months after they were killed off 🙄😒

8 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

It's not just Spring Creek. I've seen it on various Queens routes too. The most recent one was on the Q38 about a week ago or something. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

37 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Well I've been hounding the (MTA) about that depot for months. All of the buses constantly fall off BusTime. Buses are filthy too. No AC. Terrible. 

This must be an express bus only issue as SC C40s are clean and have ice cold A/C and always track on bus time in my experience. SC provides excellent service on the B103.  

Ethier way it's odd that express buses at Creek have issues while the local service is great. I personally never had an issue with an SC express bus whenever I rode them.

27 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

It's not just Spring Creek. I've seen it on various Queens routes too. The most recent one was on the Q38 about a week ago or something. 

The old displays?

2 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

This must be an express bus only issue as SC C40s are clean and have ice cold A/C and always track on bus time in my experience. SC provides excellent service on the B103.  

Ethier way it's odd that express buses at Creek have issues while the local service is great. I personally never had an issue with an SC express bus whenever I rode them.

Yeah, the express buses out of that depot are terrible, particularly during rush hours. Yesterday, the BM4 had an almost two hour gap in service from 4:50 until about 6:40 with no service Downtown. Tons of other issues too, and every day constant alerts about cancelled trips. Off-peak is usually better.

On 8/17/2021 at 4:59 AM, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Seems a bit too early for such speculation when implementation won't happen until Summer 2022.

Honestly it makes no sense. I rather have the M125 run out of Manhattanville since it’s literally closer 

30 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Its most likely just to keep articulated units on the route, just like the Bx15 right now.

Part of this tells me that M125 might be Kingsbridge based versus West Farms based. Although, this is early but this talk of the Bx35 going to Kingsbridge doesn't make sense and that should stay with West Farms. I think some M125 trips should go thru Manhattanville to provide coverage. However, like you said it's to match up with the Bx15.