BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

40 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Went up to ECH today to see what's in the scrap yard these days...

1) surprisingly, many of the 6500s and some 6400s still exist, 6490 is still in the lot

2)The mobile command center RTS is in the scrap lot

3)there's a 51xx RTS that still exists, with the sign stuck as the Q5. AFAIK there's nothing notable about this particular RTS.

4)Theres 3 - 4 NGs in the scrap lot, surreal, I remember when the scrap lot was filled with TMC RTS and early to mid 90s Orion V's. Now the lot has buses that replaced those old TMCs and Orions.

5) 4904 is in scrap lot, as well as another RTS I assume is the 96 Nova that's apart of the museum fleet. I think these buses are safe, they are just there for storage

6)Theres a C40 from the 800 - 989 batch that still exists in the lot for whatever reason.

7) 2200s from CAS as well as random MCIs from the 04 - 07 batch are in the scrap lot. Weird to see the 2200s in the scrap lot.

All of this was observed from a public street, no trespassing or photos were taken. The biggest surprise is the 6500s still being in existence, I thought they would be soda cans by now..

5134 and 8971 are still parked at the scrapyard together.

3989, 4369, 4372, 4424, 4538, 4556, 4560 are all parked next to each other.

There are still a bunch of 2004-05 Hybrids (6490-6689 batch) and of course, a bunch of 2006-07 Hybrids.

If you have any pictures, you should post them.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Went up to ECH today to see what's in the scrap yard these days...

2)The mobile command center RTS is in the scrap lot

Is that 4149? That would be a bummer to see them scrap, hopefully it's just stored there. At least 0010/4396 lives on, bizarrely, as the MetroCard bus for now.

1 hour ago, Snorunts said:

I notice that every time a Proterra runs on the B57, it's always right in front of or behind another bus or two. Does anyone know if Proterras are just for extra service and not scheduled runs?

No. The line probably got bunched up.

7 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Is that 4149? That would be a bummer to see them scrap, hopefully it's just stored there. At least 0010/4396 lives on, bizarrely, as the MetroCard bus for now.

Not sure what the number was of that RTS before it became an mobile center, I knew it was that bus cause of the sirens on the roof.