Off Topic Lounge

Subforums

1. Technology, Photography & Video

Topics on computers and technology as well as photography and video.

topics
  2. Artwork and Graphic Design

Show off your original art, designs, writings, music and anything else here.

topics
  3. Transit Modeling & Simulators

Topics on transit modeling hobbies and public transportation simulators.

topics

5,074 topics in this forum

• 4 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
    • 4 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 1.8k views
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 1.9k views

• Images

• Thank you!  I’m on a pretty good pace right now with the whistler/buzzers etc.  I’ve been reviewing the signals/defs too but I could probably put a little more time into the signals to be safe.  Appreciate the advice!
    • Yea I didn’t really consider that I would have much of a chance until my HR rep gave me that date like a week ago.  Sent the few things medical needed so just waiting at this point 
    • They'll just ask you to go to a doctor for paperwork saying that you can do the Job and the condition is under control.. They will give you a timetable when to come back... Yes you will be restricted until it gets cleared up meaning station switching and yard for for TOs, for CRs its Platform or the Mail Job.. That's why i tell anyone here GET your Own Doctor even before hired dont expect CityMD to help... Again dont be fooled saying "Oh im off the road i got it easy" No its not.. They will send you all over change the tours as well if you are XX  then they can change them RDOs as well.
    • If they call you for the physical they're putting you in the next class, or one in the very immediate future as the physical/drug tests are only valid for a limited time. Make sure you guys stay on top of your signals&defs (you gotta pass a signal name exam with all 134 on it for AC book of rules) and know the whistle/buzzers/handsigns verbatim-ish before day one of class. It's a lot of new information and you don't want to be playing catch-up on old material. Good luck with the process.
    • If you're trying to get in on May 29th, you might be cutting it too close unless someone drops out, from what I understand there were a decent number of people who passed over the winter and were backlogged into that class.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.