MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is that the (MTA) wanted to test all three bus models on each of those three depots at once to see what operates the best in either Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island.

plus they were a test fleet meaning if there was one or two types the mta really liked, we would've had more of them. Unfortunately orion shut down making it a two horse race. But i do agree with him on some levels that after a while the 3 different types should've been consolidated to each borough. Perhaps it was too much for one depot to take on all 90 of one type.

The ENY XD40s never went back...they stayed there this whole time...all 45 of them...

Well remember when they first got them they were going back and fourth to UP & EN then they finally got things set after a few weeks... Like 4815 went there for training then back to UP then back to EN for service then back to UP then back to EN for good, then 4862 was the same way.

I see XD40's on the Q24 and Q56 and I'm just mad how the paint is peeling off on them in many places. I didn't see that when the buses were at QV and when they were at CAS that didn't happen. I have a feeling JA is going to lose a good amount of their RTS's to another depot in return of Orion VII NG hybrids.

To me this seems similar to what happened with the XD40's. 45 split between two depots so the (MTA) might be happy with both the XD40's and LFS's.

Well the reason those XD40's went to EN were because the union guy at UP lost the election and that's what caused those buses to go over there. If you think about it it's kinda obvious.. If all 90 models went to 1 garage except the xcelsiors.. EN weren't suppose to get those but I brought this up when they first did the swap between EN & UP with the xcelsiors but nobody believed me. I spoke to the union rep about what happened and he told me what happened, I mean I live across the street from the depot so I know what goes on but nobody believed me.

I see XD40's on the Q24 and Q56 and I'm just mad how the paint is peeling off on them in many places. I didn't see that when the buses were at QV and when they were at CAS that didn't happen. I have a feeling JA is going to lose a good amount of their RTS's to another depot in return of Orion VII NG hybrids.

That's not paint. The stripes and black sections are cheap stickers -- the only XD40 with paint more than just the white base is 4899. ENY is not the reason you see the stickers peeling, time is. They wouldn't peel off at QV and CAS cause they were brand new there and the stickers hadn't been subject to much abuse. 

That's not paint. The stripes and black sections are cheap stickers -- the only XD40 with paint more than just the white base is 4899. ENY is not the reason you see the stickers peeling, time is. They wouldn't peel off at QV and CAS cause they were brand new there and the stickers hadn't been subject to much abuse.

When he talks about paint peeling off..hes talking about the white base...usually under the ads and near the doors

Well the reason those XD40's went to EN were because the union guy at UP lost the election and that's what caused those buses to go over there. If you think about it it's kinda obvious.. If all 90 models went to 1 garage except the xcelsiors.. EN weren't suppose to get those but I brought this up when they first did the swap between EN & UP with the xcelsiors but nobody believed me. I spoke to the union rep about what happened and he told me what happened, I mean I live across the street from the depot so I know what goes on but nobody believed me.

Well can that change back?

I'll be so pissed if Jamaica loses RTSs for next junks!

The white base is peeling off? I haven't seen that at all...

483....5? I think it was had its white base peeling off. 4868 was peeling off a bit as well, saw it on the L shuttle.

I'll be so pissed if Jamaica loses RTSs for next junks!

It's not that serious....

Am I the only one that seems excited that the Orion V's are going into revenue service at Grand Avenue? I do think that it could be a little more fair in terms of a swap.

For example, in addition to swapping out some of the ng's, GA should also give away some of their 9400s that they have. Either way, its a start to what's hopefully a more diverse fleet for the sophomore bus depot.

You missed 4818.

Am I the only one that seems excited that the Orion V's are going into revenue service at Grand Avenue? I do think that it could be a little more fair in terms of a swap.

For example, in addition to swapping out some of the ng's, GA should also give away some of their 9400s that they have. Either way, its a start to what's hopefully a more diverse fleet for the sophomore bus depot.

I am excited for the swap, it's gonna be unique to see Orion Vs in northern Brooklyn and I can't be happier to know that the NGs are being swapped than the RTSs cuz the RTSs run really good on GA routes.

I still the XSELCIORS Would RETURN TO QUEENS VILLAGE and get rid of ALL THE LFSs they SUCK!!!!

Ugh I still WISH

At the end of the day, its just a bus. Who cares about the model. It only matters if a bus can take you to point A to point B without any problems. Shesh, what is it with personal preferences.