MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Armani, thank you, it's fixed.

S78, All the buses are switched except 7088, thank you for that information.

7088 is marked off the roster permanently due to an accident that happened in 2012 I believe.

Also, the S78 is at Charleston, has a school tripper from Castleton, and was assigned to Yukon on the weekends. That setup is over, since Charleston is now a full-time depot, the roster is fixed to reflect those changes.

What accident? it never had an accident .. it had engine - tranny problems. I saw it the day before they took it away for good from the airport and then I saw it about a month & a half ago at the Vendor again it looked the same as before when it left and still had the same ads and everything .

BreeddekalbL:

Effective with the recent new pick, the S74 and S78 are assigned to Charleston weekends as well as weekdays.

This is a change.

i knew that it was when the roster was a little messed up thats when i spoke up about the mistake about the 78 was assigned to one of the other si depots something to that effect

Sorry for the knee-jerk reaction to 4995 - I saw 4955 on the B41 that day. It's fixed.

Also 9667 has been at GA for a while now - thanks for the update!

7426 is updated as well. See it on BusTime on the BM2 right now.

And yeah, I had forgot what happened to 7088, now I see it on the S90.

Also 9698, 5052, 5131 & 5191 are back in Flatbush.

9614 & 5081 are on the B6, so that's put back on the roster in UP.

6146 is in Castleton, on the S76 right now.

Edited by Rick44

Also, 7428 is on the BM4, so that's at SC.

3155 is back at CP, on the QM20 today.

3324 is back at BP on the QM21.

The roster is updated to reflect these changes, plus JFK's artics don't have route assignments, because they seem to appear anywhere, like on the Q7 right now. https://sites.google.com/site/mtaregionalbusroster

Edited by Rick44

The roster is updated to reflect these changes, plus JFK's artics don't have route assignments, because they seem to appear anywhere, like on the Q7 right now. https://sites.google.com/site/mtaregionalbusroster

The Artics are mainly assigned to the Q10Ltd... They have been known to appear all routes EXCEPT the Q6.Q8.Q9.Q41.Q40 and Q60...

However the very first Artic to touch Queens was on the 113 in 2007... Just alil history lol

Why aren't they putting any on the Q60? Is it because of the turns south of Archer?

The Artics are mainly assigned to the Q10Ltd... They have been known to appear all routes EXCEPT the Q6.Q8.Q9.Q41.Q40 and Q60...

However the very first Artic to touch Queens was on the 113 in 2007... Just alil history lol

Also, 7428 is on the BM4, so that's at SC.

3155 is back at CP, on the QM20 today.

3324 is back at BP on the QM21.

The roster is updated to reflect these changes, plus JFK's artics don't have route assignments, because they seem to appear anywhere, like on the Q7 right now. https://sites.google.com/site/mtaregionalbusroster

3155 is still at Eastchester as Eastchester does trips on QM20 and QM2 bus route with CP doing some trip on BxM9 route

Edited by Q101viaSteinway

Why aren't they putting any on the Q60? Is it because of the turns south of Archer?

It's because the q60 ridership doesn't warrant artics, at least not full time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's because the q60 ridership doesn't warrant artics, at least not full time. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well what about the Q7 or Q35, the Q22, Q11, and Q21 they don't warrent the use of Artics either the Q60 has higher ridership than all those routes. More than the Q35 Q11 and Q21 combined. The reason why they are not on the Q60 is because the service road is narrow and very congested in some parts.

Edited by NewFlyer 230

Basically, JFK D60HFs are mainly used for weekdays, mostly rush hours for the Q10 and the Q7

The Q35 and 52 used to but now they are no longer used, I wonder why?

They're still used on the Q22, Q35, and Q52 when needed. The Q11 sometimes has an D60HF running as well on some rare occasions.