MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

Finally ENY is coming up off those LFS...

Question tho

Since Jamaica is losing 30 RTS... why on earth do we still have the 9 Odd Ball NGs ?

Good question!

Meanwhile #8110 is on the Q4. Saw it at Parsons Blvd/Archer Av. Also got word that #8102, #8106-8107, #8109 are at Jamaica too.

Edited by The TransitMan

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good question!

Meanwhile #8110 is on the Q4. Saw it at Parsons Blvd/Archer Av. Also got word that #8102, #8106-8107, #8109 are at Jamaica too.

I just saw 8111 on the B42 5 minutes ago too lol.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Well Manhattanville doesn't have that much diversity when it comes to buses and ENY is already getting a ton load of RTS's so why wouldn't it be a good Idea to send those to Manhattanville

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Diversity means nothing when its easier for them to work on a specific type of bus, in Manhattanville's case, the hybrids.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Well Manhattanville doesn't have that much diversity when it comes to buses and ENY is already getting a ton load of RTS's so why wouldn't it be a good Idea to send those to Manhattanville

.....Because just because YOU want diversity doesn't necessarily dictate that is what the rest of the riders want.

Manhattan is the best place for hybrids in the city because of all the stop and go traffic and the fact that BAE isn't the best for high speed (one reason they don't really want hybrids on Staten Island now).

Quill may have them but they are mainly used on the 66/72 for the transverse. I'm sure those riders would like some new buses aswell. ENY has had RTSs for years so it make sense that they send RTSs from Jamaica to there in exchange for the LFS. Manhattanville has just two buses but you add the RTS it will become three and just complicate operations.

.....Because just because YOU want diversity doesn't necessarily dictate that is what the rest of the riders want.

Manhattan is the best place for hybrids in the city because of all the stop and go traffic and the fact that BAE isn't the best for high speed (one reason they don't really want hybrids on Staten Island now).

Quill may have them but they are mainly used on the 66/72 for the transverse. I'm sure those riders would like some new buses aswell. ENY has had RTSs for years so it make sense that they send RTSs from Jamaica to there in exchange for the LFS. Manhattanville has just two buses but you add the RTS it will become three and just complicate operations.

I understand that now. Thanks [emoji4]