MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/5/2018 at 1:16 PM, JFK Depot said:

As for the 5200s in Jamaica.. haven’t seen ANY out on the roads yet... just checked bustime as of 1:22pm every route Jamaica has NO 5200s on the road at all

On 1/5/2018 at 8:56 PM, MHV9218 said:

5200 and 5201 ran this morning. Possible they're doing some prepping, but they're out.

On 1/6/2018 at 7:53 AM, JFK Depot said:

Until I see some pics of them out there in Jamaica is when I’ll believe it... right now I just Don’t believe it yet... I’ve see ALL the other newbies from Quill... just not those yet 

On 1/6/2018 at 1:04 PM, Cait Sith said:

Cosigning with MHV9218.....5180, 5200 and 5201 saw service yesterday. 5201 also saw service on the 3rd with 5198 and 5199.

#5201 was on the Q84 yesterday evening. Couldn't get a good shot of it...sorry

Just calm down guys. No one should ask why anyone is getting anything the way this fleet is current set up. 5444 had 4 different official assignments before going back to Quill. 80% of the XD60's for example are not where they belong. As I stated before MTA is in the process of making long term fleet plans and we have more that 2,000 buses that will be delivered over the next few years. 

CS was originally going to get Novas. However, the decision to pull all the Orion V's from service changed things up. They decided to which them from a Nova depot to a New Flyer depot.

JA only needs to replace 66 RTS'. The 11 hybrids can wait for now. Don't count on these assignments untill you see something formal posted for the whole fleet. 7484's assignment is temporary as of right now. Flatbush is still supposed to be first in line, and Jamaica is still supposed to go all LFS. However, things do change and as I stated now 3 times, as long as orders keep going 60/40 NFI/Nova things are bound to overlap eventually. 

Not only that, Brooklyn isn't in dire need of buses at the moment. So these could be loaned to anyone or reassigned. Either way, FB will get some. There are 367 to play with. 

When the buses are assigned, you guys will know.

8 hours ago, East New York said:

Just calm down guys. No one should ask why anyone is getting anything the way this fleet is current set up. 5444 had 4 different official assignments before going back to Quill. 80% of the XD60's for example are not where they belong. As I stated before MTA is in the process of making long term fleet plans and we have more that 2,000 buses that will be delivered over the next few years. 

CS was originally going to get Novas. However, the decision to pull all the Orion V's from service changed things up. They decided to which them from a Nova depot to a New Flyer depot.

JA only needs to replace 66 RTS'. The 11 hybrids can wait for now. Don't count on these assignments untill you see something formal posted for the whole fleet. 7484's assignment is temporary as of right now. Flatbush is still supposed to be first in line, and Jamaica is still supposed to go all LFS. However, things do change and as I stated now 3 times, as long as orders keep going 60/40 NFI/Nova things are bound to overlap eventually. 

Not only that, Brooklyn isn't in dire need of buses at the moment. So these could be loaned to anyone or reassigned. Either way, FB will get some. There are 367 to play with. 

When the buses are assigned, you guys will know.

Preach!  It is obvious that too many posters here do not know how MTA/NYCT works.  Nothing is permanent.  It makes me laugh when a bus or a group of buses is assigned somewhere and "Is this permanent ?" becomes the first question.  NOTHING IS PERMANENT.  It's a hilarious question because everybody should know by now how this works.  Simply stated, what NYCT decides one day ,and this is not only where subway/bus equipment is assigned, including how they conduct business and how they deal with employees, what they say and do one day they will do a complete 360 the next day.   So can we please have a new years resolution on refraining from asking "where will these go?"  And when NYCT changes their mind, can we please hold the outrage?  Let's just see where the stuff ACTUALLY goes and if they get moved, just be calm!

Edited by Bill from Maspeth

All the buses are painted on the base and have wraps as well. Not all of them are the same

So now you all have part of what you have been waiting for. However lease note that as we have seen with all these new deliveries, assignments are being made on the fly and rapidly change. To date, EVERY new delivery has changed. Since the new branding has been introduced, almost every depot assignment has changed. With  at least 8 different bus models currently in delivery or pending delivery, and nothing really on schedule anything can happen. 

The common theme for now is assign them as the buses come in.