MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

5444 to MQ

Separate note, 0011-0012 and 0016 are set to start Service tomorrow.

For anyone wondering what the source is:

https://www.amny.com/transit/electric-bus-pilot-1.16014360

The MTA has begun a three-year pilot of 10 all-electric buses in an attempt to reduce emissions from its current fleet, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Monday.

The agency is slated to roll out the first of the buses Tuesday, and — so long as the pilot is successful — plans to purchase an additional 60 zero-emission vehicles. In addition to being more environmentally friendly, the buses are quieter and would expand the availability of modern amenities like Wi-Fi and USB charging ports...

1 hour ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

5444 to MQ

Separate note, 0011-0012 and 0016 are set to start Service tomorrow.

1 hour ago, GojiMet86 said:

For anyone wondering what the source is:

https://www.amny.com/transit/electric-bus-pilot-1.16014360

I thought the plan was to have the XE40s run on the M42 and the BE40s run on the B32 and B39? That article says the XE40s will run on the M42 and M50 and the BE40s will run on the B32 only.

2 hours ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

I thought the plan was to have the XE40s run on the M42 and the BE40s run on the B32 and B39? That article says the XE40s will run on the M42 and M50 and the BE40s will run on the B32 only.

Lets wait and see what happens

5444 MQ to OH for evaluation and possible assignment change or option order assignment. Note: Option buses have been awarded and will arrive all together as one big order.

The plan for electric buses is still B32/B39 and M42 with the addition of the M50. These routes have a few interlined runs and when they eventually operate 24 hour service all 4 of these routes need to be compatible. 

12 and 16 are currently in service, and 11 is driver training.

The older total is technically correct. If the pilot for both buses is successful, MTA will turn the leased buses into lease-to-own sales agreements. They will then purchase 50 more for a total of 60. 

The hybrid electric order for the next wave of buses has been confirmed be 275 buses up from 200 as expected. For a total of 285.

12 hours ago, Novabus 5000 said:

5444 MQ to OH 

Everybody posting transfers and buses being unwrapped:  is it possible, before posting to please look back a page or 2 before hitting the post button?  If I had a dime for every time somebody posted "5444 MQ to OH", I'd b able to buy a Power Ball ticket by now.

10 minutes ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

Everybody posting transfers and buses being unwrapped:  is it possible, before posting to please look back a page or 2 before hitting the post button?  If I had a dime for every time somebody posted "5444 MQ to OH", I'd b able to buy a Power Ball ticket by now.

Actually, you'd have two dimes. The bus was at Quill first, and it's moving around.

Nick and Dante post completely reliable information every time--let's not chastise minor overlap.

--

Minor trivia fact--0012 and 0016 are buses #12 and #16 in the system. 

6 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Actually, you'd have two dimes. The bus was at Quill first, and it's moving around.

Nick and Dante post completely reliable information every time--let's not chastise minor overlap.

--

Minor trivia fact--0012 and 0016 are buses #12 and #16 in the system. 

Thank you! 

6 hours ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

IT was posted one time before me, calm down. 

5444 OH to OF 🙄 And for reference, it was very easy to overlook my post because it had so much information in it.

Update. Proterra blew NFI out of the water on the first day of service and the bus still has not been charged yet!! They also ran the bus in 24 hour service and they only pulled it in once.

11 broke down, and 12 was pulled in. Gotta do better New Flyer because if the orders went in today, it definitely wouldn't be in your favor! Smh..... NFI builds buses waaaaay too fast.

Edited by East New York

4 hours ago, East New York said:

5444 OH to OF 🙄 And for reference, it was very easy to overlook my post because it had so much information in it.

Update. Proterra blew NFI out of the water on the first day of service and the bus still has not been charged yet!! They also ran the bus in 24 hour service and they only pulled it in once.

11 broke down, and 12 was pulled in. Gotta do better New Flyer because if the orders went in today, it definitely wouldn't be in your favor! Smh..... NFI builds buses waaaaay too fast.

24 hour service as in revenue service on the B32? They pulled it in twice.

10 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

24 hour service as in revenue service on the B32? They pulled it in twice.

They took it out for the midday and obviously nighttime the last two days. 

As for the electric buses in general, the Proterras had a few rocky starts yesterday morning as the backdoor was a bit problematic as it can only open when it detects moving passengers and also had a few issues closing as well. There was also a few problems with the startup and when it needed to leave the bus stop.  

The XE40s we're ok from what I heard until ENY brought up the comparisons in the last page.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain
Few "fixes" of the post

13 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

They took it out for the midday and obviously nighttime the last two days. 

As for the electric buses in general, the Proterras had a few rocky starts yesterday morning as the backdoor was a bit problematic as it can only open when it detects moving passengers and also had a few issues closing as well. There was also a few problems with the startup and when it needed to leave the bus stop.  

The XE40s we're ok from what I heard until ENY brought up the comparisons in the last page.

The nighttime pull ins don't actually count....operator pulled in for his swing, then starts on a different line.

On 1/9/2018 at 6:58 PM, East New York said:

5444 MQ to OH for evaluation and possible assignment change or option order assignment. Note: Option buses have been awarded and will arrive all together as one big order.

The plan for electric buses is still B32/B39 and M42 with the addition of the M50. These routes have a few interlined runs and when they eventually operate 24 hour service all 4 of these routes need to be compatible. 

12 and 16 are currently in service, and 11 is driver training.

The older total is technically correct. If the pilot for both buses is successful, MTA will turn the leased buses into lease-to-own sales agreements. They will then purchase 50 more for a total of 60. 

The hybrid electric order for the next wave of buses has been confirmed be 275 buses up from 200 as expected. For a total of 285.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaasssss. 

But really, should we be surprised?