MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

Guys I just asked if you could stop with all the questions. As soon as I get final assignments I post them. There's way too much clutter in this thread now. I can't keep track of what moves and transfers have and have not been posted. 

Preliminary was previously posted a few times already and this is a main reason all this excess clutter needs to be kept to a minimum. On another note, please don't quote whole posts unless you absolutely have to. 

Hybrids to MV and possibly EN

7484 was pending Flatbush at last update. However this bus has no official assignment. Everything is also subject to change as always, so try to hold off with some of these questions until the information is posted.

Edited by East New York

• Replies 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/2/2018 at 1:18 AM, MysteriousBtrain said:

3902, 3950 to OH to prepare for the M31/M86 swap.

No, those were the snow loaners. And 3950 is at Zerega even though it's assigned to OH. Official swap assignments Are actually due now.

On 12/30/2017 at 4:59 PM, Orion6025 said:

M79 SBS is mixing 40s and 60s now

The s79 doesn't run 60 footers.

I'm going to go over the whole roster this eve for a update. The lastest roster has been posted at TTMG as of 1/2/18 and I will have the updates through tonight. There have only been a few changes but I will list them.

4 minutes ago, SoulAce Transport said:

I'm dumbfounded that I haven't seen any snow loaners in the Bronx yet… shouldn't that have been done last night or very early this morning?

Considering that most of the articulated routes are using articulated buses and not standards today I wouldn't count on there being any loans in the Bronx today. The only exception is the Bx19, but West Farms has enough buses that they won't need to loan anything.

Edited by LegoBrickBreaker101

5 minutes ago, SoulAce Transport said:

What do you mean? How would that affect loans?

If the Bronx depots are using their own articulated buses today then there isn't any reason for them to borrow standard buses from other depots. During the last few snowstorms the articulated routes have been using standards so they needed to borrow from other depots. Today it isn't like that so they don't need to. It's as simple as that.

19 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Their using artics today cause its a weekday schedule and depots don't have extra 40ft buses to spare.

In the past this was done by pulling buses from SI, but I guess they didn't wanna go through the effort. Already looking stupid after the collision on camera out in Queens with the Q10 XD60 though.

45 minutes ago, Interested Rider said:

Thankfully, Flatbush has two SBS routes with the B/44  having the artics and the B/46 having 40 footers.

So when there is a storm like this , the B/44 can still run SBS with 40 footers and keep the artics off the streets.

That goes without saying because the ratio of 40'ers to 60'ers at Flatbush is minimal, so the artics can be idle.

In many Bronx and Manhattan depots not so much because of those facilities having mostly artics.

Some here are forgetting that these routes had 40'ers last Saturday because there are buses to spare on a Saturday schedule.  Not at all on a weekday, although you may see a 40'er on an artic route if the depot has one available.  

Edited by Bill from Maspeth