MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok guys the official assignments are now said to be complete and I'm just waiting on confirmation. At that time the first post on the first page of this thread will be updated. There are some changes as I expected. Namely with the LFSA fleet. It appears to have been a couple spec changes. The pilots are 5439-5442. 

However, because of said spec change the delivery order has also changed. 

5447 is now at the vendor awaiting final inspection and will be assigned to MQ. This is a 2017 mode and I'm being told at least 10 or more of the buses are aready built and may all start coming back to back. Both base and options have now been combined for a total delivery of 164 buses that will be numbered 5439-5602 with delivery begining immediately and running through 2019. 

So for the record, even though it's not physically there just yet, it is official. 

5447 pending to Quill. The LFSA's are finally in the building!!! 

Edited by East New York

15 minutes ago, East New York said:

Ok guys the official assignments are now said to be complete and I'm just waiting on confirmation. At that time the first post on the first page of this thread will be updated. There are some changes as I expected. Namely with the LFSA fleet. It appears to have been a couple spec changes. The pilots are 5439-5442. 

5447 is now at the vendor awaiting final inspection and will be assigned to MQ. This is a 2017 mode and I'm being told at least 10 or more of the buses are aready built and may all start coming back to back. Both base and options have now been combined for a total delivery of 164 buses that will be numbered 5439-5602 with delivery begining immediately and running through 2019. 

So for the record, even though it's not physically there just yet, it is official. 

could u please put up a link

37 minutes ago, East New York said:

Is 5447 SBS wrapped or will it be coming in the local scheme? I guess we'll probably get that info when the assignments come out...

3 hours ago, East New York said:

What Were The Spec Changes

Preliminary base order assignments pending: 

MQ (15) 5439-5453

GH (77) 5454-5530

Preliminary Electric Bus Test and Evaluation: Buses will swap depots after 18 months of service and evaluation. This will enable TA to test the logistics of moving electric fleets, depot chargers, in-route chargers, and maintenance equipment between depots. After another 18 months of revenue service, MTA will evaluate all the data of both fleets, and compare operations out of both depots. They will then make a decision on an order for 50 buses by December 2020.

The lease agreement of 10 all-electric buses.

Phase 1 December 2017 through June 2019

Phase 2 (Fleet and Equipment Swap) June 2019 through January 2021

MQ XE40 0011-0015

GA BE40 0016-0020

As always, anything is subject to change.

9 hours ago, limitednyc said:

could u please put up a link

A link to what?

8 hours ago, Calvin said:

5202 Michael Quill to Jamaica

6 hours ago, Armani said:

What Were The Spec Changes

I have 5202 on the roof at Quill.

Let's wait for all the questions until we have everything posted. If we miss something, then ask away. The details will be on the first page of the Fleet & Depots thread when it is updated. 

4418, 5696, 8335, 8342 to WF as loans if not mentioned. 

Ok! Lol. Perfect example of everything being subject to change. This is the reason finalized XD60 assignments were not confirmed at the time of my posting. Also many asked what buses would be leaving GH and I have a list of almost none other that D60HF's. Now I know why.  The assignments have been changed yet again. Lol. Quill may not get the XD's from Grand now and may go to EN. GH will keep the 4700 XD60's for the time being, send the new 6000 series XD60 loaners/deposit evaluation buses back to their respective depots, and the new assignment is as follows. 

MQ (77) 

GH (15) 

I don't know who is getting what yet. I'm waiting in delivery confirmation.

It will be either 5439-5515 MQ and 5516-5530 GH.

Or MQ-GH-MQ.

I am also being told that in light of all this the XN60 assignments are on the horizon. Something like 28 to JG and 82 to WF. This would retire some buses and bump Ann the rest (30 Nova LFSA's)  to GH and other depots, while retiring a few and bumping the rest of the 36 D60's to other depots. This would leave WF 16 XN60's for the Bx36 articulated conversion. 

Side note. This week makes my 10th Anniversary at NYCTF and I honestly can't keep up anymore lol. If I take one day off I could miss anything the way the New MTA is set up. Sheesh.