MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

With those new XD60 at JFK will they be for the q10 or is there some truth to the rumor that the god awful Q6  is going Articulated for the winter pick.  Next time I'm there i'll check the farebox to see if jfk/far rock routes can be entered on them. On a side note, 5385 replacement engine came in so that bus will probably be back in service soon. 

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rafa said:

With those new XD60 at JFK will they be for the q10 or is there some truth to the rumor that the god awful Q6  is going Articulated for the winter pick.  Next time I'm there i'll check the farebox to see if jfk/far rock routes can be entered on them. On a side note, 5385 replacement engine came in so that bus will probably be back in service soon. 

6243 has entered service on the Q10 and Q52 already with signs programmed and all.

If that Q6 finally goes artic....Sutphin Blvd(between Jamaica & Liberty) will never be the same lmao.

3 hours ago, aemoreira81 said:

Curious as to why 4950 has not yet seen service.

2 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Testing

That bus hasn't left the depot in many days. Something is up with it.

---------------------------------------

6246 now at JFK.

On 11/16/2019 at 12:30 PM, Rafa said:

The last I’ve read the 2017 XD60s at MTA bus are going to NYCT. Honestly I think they should just keep them at MTA bus and just make the Q6 and Q64 articulated. 
I feel like this is something they want to eventually do anyways. The Queens redesign is coming up and you know the (MTA) wants to save as much $$ as they can. Just look at how many standard buses the Q64 uses during rush hour and half of those buses have to then deadhead to the other end of the route to start another trip to help with the rush hour loads. Thats money that they could potentially save. Plus keeping the XD60s at MTA bus would allow the MTA to retire all 2005 Orion’s there. 

47 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

The last I’ve read the 2017 XD60s at MTA bus are going to NYCT. Honestly I think they should just keep them at MTA bus and just make the Q6 and Q64 articulated. 
I feel like this is something they want to eventually do anyways. The Queens redesign is coming up and you know the (MTA) wants to save as much $$ as they can. Just look at how many standard buses the Q64 uses during rush hour and half of those buses have to then deadhead to the other end of the route to start another trip to help with the rush hour loads. Thats money that they could potentially save. Plus keeping the XD60s at MTA bus would allow the MTA to retire all 2005 Orion’s there. 

NYCT need their XD60s back asap because

1) the B46 sbs is going artic,

2) ENY has to get theirs for the B82 sbs 

3) Some older artics have to get to the bronx. 

Even with the Queens bus redesign happening there is another capital plan that is going to get funded and will eventually have more artics for whatever bus co needs. 

Edit:

I forgot this was the wrong threat and didn't quote to the right one. 

Edited by Brillant93
Wrong thread

21 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

NYCT need their XD60s back asap because

1) the B46 sbs is going artic,

2) ENY has to get theirs for the B82 sbs 

3) Some older artics have to get to the bronx. 

Even with the Queens bus redesign happening there is another capital plan that is going to get funded and will eventually have more artics for whatever bus co needs. 

Edit:

I forgot this was the wrong threat and didn't quote to the right one. 

What is the point of wrapping 40 footers with an SBS wrap if they're just going to replace them with 60 footers in the near future? Isn't that a waste of time?

48 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

What is the point of wrapping 40 footers with an SBS wrap if they're just going to replace them with 60 footers in the near future? Isn't that a waste of time?

Thats why they came pre prepped for the SBS. At the time they were looking to replace the RTS while also making the SBS have wifi/usb buses. 

19 hours ago, UTC Bus Roster said:

5343 is still at FLA. It's never been at KB. It's one of only 6 of their original Nova artic order that still remain at FLA.

On the contrary, it is at Kingsbridge.

When I posted that info in the random thoughts thread, only 2 of those Flatbush 5300s were left. 5343 went there yesterday, leaving 5342 and 5352 at Flatbush.

As of today, 5352 has made the jump to Kingsbridge today. 5342 is the last one at Flatbush.

5340 made the trip to Kingsbridge yesterday.

4950 & 6248 are at Zerega.

Edited by Cait Sith

6 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

On the contrary, it is at Kingsbridge.

When I posted that info in the random thoughts thread, only 3 of those Flatbush 5300s were left.

As of today, 5352 has made the jump to Kingsbridge today. 5342 is the last one at Flatbush.

5340 made the trip to Kingsbridge yesterday.

That is correct. I saw 5352 working this morning at 6:15AM while traveling on Rogers Ave. 

I say overnight this evening or Wednesday morning 5342 will join the rest of the clan at KB. 

@Cait Sith  Thank you on the confirmations from yesterday and didn’t realize 5340 moved overnight along with the others. 

Edited by Future ENY OP