MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

7 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Is the M125 going to be an artic line or will it pretty much get whatever is thrown on it like the Bx15?

I thought it would make more since for it to go to either Manhattanville or MCH and have some routes shifted elsewhere. Those two depots are located much closer to the M125’s terminals than WF. 

Personally, the M125 should be a Manhattan Division route and or Kingsbridge depot route. Logistical reasons make sense that it should be at MHV base since it’s right in front of the depot and the last stop at 125th.  MCH is crosstown and Kingsbridge via Broadway. If it does go to WF i see reliability issues. From WF to the hub is a good 20-25 mins out maybe more. 

Also, the M125 doesn’t need to be artic. Throw some shorties up there and it’s good.  

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Is the M125 going to be an artic line or will it pretty much get whatever is thrown on it like the Bx15?

I thought it would make more since for it to go to either Manhattanville or MCH and have some routes shifted elsewhere. Those two depots are located much closer to the M125’s terminals than WF. 

Bx15 is officially artics only, so every driver gets the artic premium pay regardless of what bus they're given to drive. 

For M125, you'd have to look at which depot(s) are closer to the relief point as well as the terminals...

• In MV, it would have to use standard buses and would probably make reliefs at Amsterdam Avenue (where there's already a dispatcher supervising reliefs on the M11 and M104). 
  • In MCH, it could use artics or standards, and could make reliefs at 149th/3rd.  

7 minutes ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

Bx15 is officially artics only, so every driver gets the artic premium pay regardless of what bus they're given to drive. 

For M125, you'd have to look at which depot(s) are closer to the relief point as well as the terminals...

• In MV, it would have to use standard buses and would probably make reliefs at Amsterdam Avenue (where there's already a dispatcher supervising reliefs on the M11 and M104). 
  • In MCH, it could use artics or standards, and could make reliefs at 149th/3rd.  

Or it could be all po/pi. It it scheduled to keep the current he's so it would seems to be retaining artic.  So either wf or mch . 

11 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Personally, the M125 should be a Manhattan Division route and or Kingsbridge depot route. Logistical reasons make sense that it should be at MHV base since it’s right in front of the depot and the last stop at 125th.  MCH is crosstown and Kingsbridge via Broadway. If it does go to WF i see reliability issues. From WF to the hub is a good 20-25 mins out maybe more. 

Also, the M125 doesn’t need to be artic. Throw some shorties up there and it’s good.  

to my understanding (and feel free to correct me/correspond with me if I'm wrong) the reason why WF is giving up the Bx39 is so that they'll acquire the M125. what's supposed to happen (and i KNOW that info can change at any point) is that we (Kingsbridge) will lose runs (obviously) on the Bx15 due to reallocated resources (runs/buses) kingsbridge will send WF most of what they'll need to run artic service on 125th. management doesn't want shorties on the M125, due to the headway they intend on running (which would be every 3-4 minutes WITH 40 footers instead of 8 minutes with artics) AND to my understanding, Manhattanville wouldn't be able to accommodate that type of work in the first place... that place is already jam packed as is (run-wise) and what exactly are they willing to lose to take on the M125? nothing.

in regards to OF (Mother Clara Hale): the general consensus in that building is firstly they're not getting ANY more work for the foreseeable future... not some retooled M102, not the Bx19, not the full M35 (which they're slowly trying to pawn off on 100 street) nothing. secondly, IF they were to somehow take on any more work, the Bx33 & M2 (which Manhattanville WILL want "adequate" compensation for) would be the first choices well before the M125. finally, IF any more artic work were to be miraculously assigned to Hale, the Bx19 would be the choice... not the scraped together remnants of the Bx15. 

Edited by EastFlatbushLarry

On 12/31/2021 at 1:46 PM, FLX9304 said:

As many as they need. they do run 9 artic routes as of 1/2/22: Bx4, Bx4A, Bx5, Bx12, Bx22, Bx39, Bx40, Bx41 & Bx42 and 2 SBS routes: 12SBS & 41SBS

On 12/31/2021 at 3:49 PM, limitednyc said:

M125 gh? Not until the summer.

On 12/31/2021 at 4:20 PM, Gotham Bus Co. said:

Will the M125 really run out of GH?

On 12/31/2021 at 5:38 PM, MysteriousBtrain said:

Last I heard the M125 is supposed to be based out of WF with a couple other shifts in the Bronx Division

16 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I don't know how you guys got M125 out of "FLX9304's" post. You do realize he said 12SBS...as in Bx12 +++Select Bus Service+++. Well, anyways let's wait and see where the "M125" will end up.

Edited by The TransitMan

5 hours ago, Xcelsior Man said:

Happy New Year's Everybody ! Yesterday, I caught 2 XD60s #6271 & #6078 from LaGuardia Depot, running through Canarsie. Why ? 

those units were probably being serviced at ENY Base Shop, which is the CMF (Central Maintenance Facility) for Bus Company. so it's possible they were performing a diagnostics run thru Canarsie 

14 hours ago, TransitMan0251 said:

Buses that have should been transferred to Gun Hill from West Farms:

5841, 5846, 5852-5853, 5857-5859, 5862, 5864-5865 (10)

5294-5297, 5301, 5312-5314, 5316-5317, 5325-5328, 5336, 5341, 5344, 5350-5351, 5353, 5872, 5880, 5894-5895, 5985 (25)

This would have made a lot more sense...

Here's the problem.. Those buses haven't logged enough mileage in order to be transferred.  (Moderators and or bus ops) Please correct me if this information is invalid..

On 1/2/2022 at 3:26 AM, The TransitMan said:

I don't know how you guys got M125 out of "FLX9304's" post. You do realize he said 12SBS...as in Bx12 +++Select Bus Service+++. Well, anyways let's wait and see where the "M125" will end up.

Thank you. That’s why I mentioned “12SBS” as in The Bronx Route 12 Select Bus Service. There’s a large difference between the “S” & the “5” 

19 hours ago, TransitMan0251 said:

Looks like Gun Hill will be receiving a total of (35) Artics from West Farms for the Bx39.

So far they've received a total of (28): 5841, 5846, 5852-5853, 5857-5859, 5862, 5864-5865, 5872, 5880, 5895, 5931-5934, 5936-5942, 5945-5946, 5948-5949

(7) Pending: 5894, 5935, 5943-5944, 5947, 5950-5951

5950-5951 remains at West Farms at this time

16 hours ago, Railfanner Mario said:

8622 got into an accident on the Bx38 (bus got rear ended and everyone on the Bus is ok) *no information yet on if the person in the car was injured severely.

Actually there is: the driver of that crashed vehicle was treated with minor injuries. 

On 1/1/2022 at 11:35 AM, Future ENY OP said:

From what I heard, the plan is to have the M125 be based out of WF and use artics. I believe it’s because they will lose the Bx35, so they want to lose any runs or whatever.

Edited by MTA Bus

6 hours ago, MTA Bus said:

From what I heard, the plan is to have the M125 be based out of WF and use artics. I believe it’s because they will lose the Bx35, so they want to lose any runs or whatever.

The 35 to what?!

24 minutes ago, NBTA said:

The 35 to what?!

The closest I think would be Kingsbridge. Since the 35 terminates at GWB which makes it a easy deadhead from depot to GWB. (That’s just my guess)  Also, it’s too early in the game to see if the Bx35 is leaving WF. I’d wait until March/April for more concrete info. 

Edited by Future ENY OP