MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

Why does CS keep borrowing buses from other depots instead of actually running its new Novas? 

I believe it’s Maintenance with some of their current fleet of buses plus driver training with the new Novas coming in which can lead to them being short to send fleet out for service duty So they do some loans

On 5/26/2022 at 10:34 PM, Ultimategamer12c said:

8891 is delivered to JA Depot.

On 5/26/2022 at 10:58 PM, Future ENY OP said:

8853, 8867.. Jamaica.. Delivered.

6 hours ago, TransitMan0251 said:

8762, 8853, 8867, 8891 are at JAM

5 hours ago, Brian Kim said:

Already reported

4 hours ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Only 8762 was already reported on this thread. The other three were not.

Thank you ALL for the input!

16 hours ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

Why does CS keep borrowing buses from other depots instead of actually running its new Novas? 

Stengel is short buses because of maintenance. The Novas are restricted to operators that pull in at the end of their run, until everyone gets trained on them. It’s to avoid having to take a trip out of service during the operator relief because the relieving operator isn’t trained on the bus.

23 hours ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

A lot of CS’s buses are being worked on. On Saturday of all days 4737 was on the Q44 SBS with the flashing blue lights up by the destination sign. If they ran a non SBS XD60 on the Q44 on a Saturday it makes me wonder how the 2016/2017 XD60’s are holding up. A few of their buses make noises I’ve never heard any of the Manhattan & Brooklyn XD60’s make. 

1 hour ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

A lot of CS’s buses are being worked on. On Saturday of all days 4737 was on the Q44 SBS with the flashing blue lights up by the destination sign. If they ran a non SBS XD60 on the Q44 on a Saturday it makes me wonder how the 2016/2017 XD60’s are holding up. A few of their buses make noises I’ve never heard any of the Manhattan & Brooklyn XD60’s make. 

Stengel routes like the Q44 hit some rough streets in Flushing and The Bronx and now that the summer loan program has commenced for CS. They already have 2 units from MCH. Those will get battered and sent back to Manhattan with a myriad of issues 

20 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

Stengel is short buses because of maintenance. The Novas are restricted to operators that pull in at the end of their run, until everyone gets trained on them. It’s to avoid having to take a trip out of service during the operator relief because the relieving operator isn’t trained on the bus.

If I may ask, is the maintenance different on the new novas than before for Stengel? Reason why asked is because I remember they have Nova Articulated buses on the Q44. Maybe thinking once the last Nova left to the Bronx for deployment, the Nova in parts isn't needed to know. 

Edited by Calvin

7 hours ago, Calvin said:

If I may ask, is the maintenance different on the new novas than before for Stengel? Reason why asked is because I remember they have Nova Articulated buses on the Q44. Maybe thinking once the last Nova left to the Bronx for deployment, the Nova in parts isn't needed to know. 

It's still been awhile since CS last had Nova's and operators could've moved depots or retired and there may be some newbies that haven't driven a Nova. Also, these are LFS Smart buses, perhaps there are new features that weren't included in the last generation.