MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

8571 is the only 8000 series at CP

And there are only 2 7200's at CP. I noticed that the Orion V CNG's were getting scrapped and retired even before the 2010. And JG's C40's started decreasing a lot at the beginning of this year. Now are those older C40's coming to CP.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dunno if mentioned yet but 9846, and 9856 are now residents of Spring creek with corresponding decals.

I won't be surprised if 9870 and 9911 go to SC from gleason.

I posted this weeks ago , sc has 9863 , 66 , 46 & 56 & 9827 & 9911 . 9870 is still at gleason along with 9843 & 9864 . Those are still the only remaining ones , 9845 was retired Monday . . . They ripped the #'s off of the bus its sitting against the fence . They might send 9870 & the other 2 to sc but I heard they will retire them .

Are they retiring all JG's C40's because they are having problems or are they just getting rid of them so the new C40's can come in. JG really took good care of them and I bet these new one's will last longer than CP's.

Edited by College Pt Man

Are they retiring all JG's C40's because they are having problems or are they just getting rid of them so the new C40's can come in. JG really took good care of them and I bet these new one's will last longer than CP's.

Retiring the 800-900s due to age and to make room for the 200-300-400s.

Ok So As Of Monday June 11th The Following Has Been Retired , ‎9845 , 880 ( Blown Turbo ) , 856 ( Transmission Slipping ) , 803 , 972, 950, 893 , 865 , 949 & Some Others .

Blown turbo? Slipping transmission?? Those aren't reasons to retire a bus. They have probably just come of age as far as CNG buses go...

Blown turbo? Slipping transmission?? Those aren't reasons to retire a bus. They have probably just come of age as far as CNG buses go...

I know those arent reasons but those 2 reasons are why they arent fixing them now , if these new c40's werent here then they would of fixed them . But they arent because its basically time for them to go anyways so they wont even bother . But to them its a reason to retire the bus so . . . that's it . Edited by ciboii22

Retiring the 800-900s due to age and to make room for the 200-300-400s.

Yeah but those 900's are only 12 as suppose to the 13-14 year old Orion's. I thought they were in better condition. The MTA is becoming really dumb with their buses. Just how they maintain them and retire them.

Yeah but those 900's are only 12 as suppose to the 13-14 year old Orion's. I thought they were in better condition. The MTA is becoming really dumb with their buses. Just how they maintain them and retire them.

IIRC, the tanks of those CNG buses in the 98-99 years last 10 years.

Has nothing to do with the age of the bus but the registration time on the CNG tanks which can range anywhere from 12 to 15 years. It takes more to re-register the tanks than the bus is worth. The only time you do a re-cert is if A) You're doing a full rebuild of the bus or B) You're doing a repower of the bus...outside of that its not worth it. It's cheaper to just replace the bus,.

The MTA is replacing both the C40LF's and the Orion V CNG's but some of these old buses need to stick around a little longer until the Orion 3G CNG's arrive. Since the authority has decided that CP and SC will get the new Orions, it probably makes sense to have them keep using the O5's they are familiar with than to move over the old C40LF's andf have to train the drivers and mechanics on a bus they would have only for a few months.