MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So these weird moves are actually going into service... I don't get this, all the depots with new buses got things switched up. Quill getting 5900s, huh? It is possible CS doesn't have enough drivers trained for its artics? But then WF and the C40s? Huh.

I hear that they have been having problems with a lot of the Thermo King HVAC equipped LFSA's. They say the alternate is not charging the batteries because the fans are drawing too much voltage...

Edited by Blitz

Im wondering how many Orion Vs will to go to ECH for the Bx-23/Q-50? Im also wondering what will happen to ECHs RTSs (for their use)

They will probably get rid of them rts's and probably just those orions that are there now will remain in service . But then again east chester can fix anything they want .

This is very interesting. Was 5917 at CS last week?

It has a cs sticker on it so it was probably there , im also wondering why is manhattan getting cs buses .

The CS arctics are at various depots because the themoking Nova LFSA's are having issues with their HVAC's like one person posted earlier, they are just there on loan, i saw 8866 on the Q17 this afternoon so 8866 is at Jamaica, orion V 5969 was on the Q60 earlier i got a pic of it

Edited by R32 3838

This is very interesting. Was 5917 at CS last week?

Yes, it was here is a photo I took of it a few days ago

7451955050_59cece7963_b.jpg

MTA NovaBus Articulated 5917 on the Q44 Limited by Queens Surface 295, on Flickr

The CS arctics are at various depots because the themoking Nova LFSA's are having issues with their HVAC's like one person posted earlier, they are just there on loan, i saw 8866 on the Q17 this afternoon so 8866 is at Jamaica, orion V 5969 was on the Q60 earlier i got a pic of it

8866 has been at Jamaica for a good amount of time now.

Is there a reason MJQ is getting CS' LFSAs?

I'm gonna quote Blitz cause he explains this better than me:

I hear that they have been having problems with a lot of the Thermo King HVAC equipped LFSA's. They say the alternate is not charging the batteries because the fans are drawing too much voltage...

Quill's LFSAs obviously are all Thermo Kings, so that's why they're taking on artic loans, not having enough buses to make service. I think they've got four loaner LFSAs now.