MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

Regular service. It already entered service yesterday.

Wouldn't say that just yet, they're still keeping them for now. I think the only one that hasn't been running for a good while is 2065.

I havent seen the others run either, but IMO 2096 and 2118 are decent buses. The AC on 2118 is pretty strong.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every single Manhattanville RTS worked the M42 on nearly back-to-back runs this morning, but I'm not sure if those were the MV runs on the 42 or the Quill ones. We'll see if they moved. Quill has taken a lot of loans recently, including O7s and LFSAs from OF.

Thought I posted this, but 5142-5144 EN to FB.

They've now Quills bus. 9574 is on the M72

The way it seems to be going, as depots with Orion V's retire them, they are being temporarily replaced with Orion V's from GH making their allotment less and less.  In turn they are getting Orion VII hybrids from Brooklyn.

Eventually when GH gets their allotment of brand new Nova's, hopefully those Orion VII hybrids from Brooklyn will be returning to retire RTS', which in most cases are in much better shape than the Orion V's.

The way it seems to be going, as depots with Orion V's retire them, they are being temporarily replaced with Orion V's from GH making their allotment less and less.  In turn they are getting Orion VII hybrids from Brooklyn.

Eventually when GH gets their allotment of brand new Nova's, hopefully those Orion VII hybrids from Brooklyn will be returning to retire RTS', which in most cases are in much better shape than the Orion V's.

There is no reason to accelerate the retirement of the RTS'.

I am aware, but are they to the point of a good repair job not making a difference? The ones in Manhattan seem to be OK. I'll assume the ones in Brooklyn are in need of repair/retirement.

It's mainly the Queens RTS that need retiring, especially the MTA Bus ones there. Those are the ones in horrible shape.

The rest of the RTS are gonna be going when the rest of the option order gets in, which would be next year or so. By then, I'm pretty sure those guys would be as rusty as the 2001-03 Orion VII CNGs in the Bronx and Brooklyn.