MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not fair at all LGA is strugglling real bad with a shortage, yet MJQ gets loaners from other depots at the snap of a finger. smh.

You should be happy that LGA is getting new buses. In the meantime keep a smile on your face and be happy

Because one pic showing a high numbered Prevost doesn't prove that the other units have arrived yet. I only got confirmation of 2592 and this one, but nothing else yet.

Well I would think by now that trial buses are not needed so it should be obvious that if they're up to 2596 that it isn't a trial bus.  2490 was out long enough. 

Worth noting that 7438 hit service on the Q23 earlier today.

You should be happy that LGA is getting new buses. In the meantime keep a smile on your face and be happy

Even with the new buses, LGA is still short on buses, some of their RTS's are either getting scrapped or pushed to JFK..

Edited by -CT1660-

You can add 2597 to Yukons roster. Spotted on Hylan Blvd in service.

Yeah they'll likely be getting a good chunk of the new Prevosts, followed by Charleston just because the lines are long and eat up miles.  I could see Meredith getting some hand-me-downs since they're only open during the week and have rush hour lines with some trippers here and there.  If Castleton can keep their buses up better it would be nice if they received new buses too instead of Yukon's garbage. At the very least they should repaint all of those Yukon Prevosts that are transferred to Castleton and Ulmer Park and give then a good clean up on the inside.  

Yeah they'll likely be getting a good chunk of the new Prevosts, followed by Charleston just because the lines are long and eat up miles. I could see Meredith getting some hand-me-downs since they're only open during the week and have rush hour lines with some trippers here and there. If Castleton can keep their buses up better it would be nice if they received new buses too instead of Yukon's garbage. At the very least they should repaint all of those Yukon Prevosts that are transferred to Castleton and Ulmer Park and give then a good clean up on the inside.

Would be nice if Ulmer Park can get some new ones too although their two express buses don't eat up a ton of mileage.

Would be nice if Ulmer Park can get some new ones too although their two express buses don't eat up a ton of mileage.

I get the feeling that they'll get the 2400s from Yukon as they have been.  It's something that has pissed off passengers along the two lines (X27/37 and X28/38) and a key issue that Senator Golden has noted when asking for those new Prevosts that they received in 2012.  From a logistical standpoint it makes sense... Should be easy maintenance, but anything hand-me-downs should be repainted with the interiors rehabbed. It's about that time anyway as those buses will be four years old soon.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

I get the feeling that they'll get the 2400s from Yukon as they have been.  It's something that has pissed off passengers along the two lines (X27/37 and X28/38) and a key issue that Senator Golden has noted when asking for those new Prevosts that they received in 2012.  From a logistical standpoint it makes sense... Should be easy maintenance, but anything hand-me-downs should be repainted with the interiors rehabbed. It's about that time anyway as those buses will be four years old soon.

If you repaint them and rehab the interiors, the passengers won't notice that they're getting hand-me-downs!

The Prevost being sent to Ulmer Park were overhauled before coming there. They're getting all the 2400's to replace the MCI's. All Staten Island depots are getting a piece of the new Prevost order.

If you repaint them and rehab the interiors, the passengers won't notice that they're getting hand-me-downs!

They'll notice, but they won't complain as much. lol I use the X27 from Bay Ridge and used to live on Staten Island, so I'm well aware of what bus was at what depot, etc. 

The Prevost being sent to Ulmer Park were overhauled before coming there. They're getting all the 2400's to replace the MCI's. All Staten Island depots are getting a piece of the new Prevost order.

I figured as much...

My guess that is just a summer loan. Brooklyn depots like FB tends to lend a few of their buses to other depots because they don't need as many with school out for the summer.
And if not mentioned already: 5171 was on the B44 yesterday. It spent some time (few months) at ENY when FB was getting the xd40s. I dunno if it means eny is pushing out RTSs for the nova lfs and if 5171 is coming back to stay at FB (instead of a summer loan). I would think ENY should be pushing out some of their old gen hybrids so those hybrids can be sent elsewhere to help retire some of the remaining O5s as well as to balance out the fleet age at ENY.

Edited by Grand Concourse

My guess that is just a summer loan. Brooklyn depots like FB tends to lend a few of their buses to other depots because they don't need as many with school out for the summer.

And if not mentioned already: 5171 was on the B44 yesterday. It spent some time (few months) at ENY when FB was getting the xd40s. I dunno if it means eny is pushing out RTSs for the nova lfs and if 5171 is coming back to stay at FB (instead of a summer loan). I would think ENY should be pushing out some of their old gen hybrids so those hybrids can be sent elsewhere to help retire some of the remaining O5s as well as to balance out the fleet age at ENY.

I totally agree with you. The Novas that are coming in are pushing out the RTS ENY received from FB a few months ago.

I also agree with this. But also:

ENY is sending the 51xx buses right back to FB.

As of recently ENY sent out 6556-6577 over to FP. It would make sense to send the rest of the 65xx-66xx buses to FP and FP send their O7's to FB

I spotted 5142 this AM on the Junction. But also FB is pushing out some their 42xx's over to GH. But the real question is when the summer loans end. Will MJQ return the (2) buses and whatever has left to GH back to FB.