MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those express buses are all over the place so it doesn't have to be JFK's fault. Also those XD60's are needed to replace the RTS's and D60HF's.

Not really... JFK still has a decent amount of buses that they for the most part have had over the years that was given to them originally and not from another depot.  

Is that Staten Island thing going to be happening. Charleston's buses going over to the mainland once their LFS batch is done.

I don't think that's enough XD60'S for the JFK local routes like the q6,q8,q40... and so on. And why it is only for the q10. I know because of the D60 HF'S. But why?

5364-5391-JFK

Is that Staten Island thing going to be happening. Charleston's buses going over to the mainland once their LFS batch is done.

I don't think that's enough XD60'S for the JFK local routes like the q6,q8,q40... and so on. And why it is only for the q10. I know because of the D60 HF'S. But why?

5364-5391-JFK

well the Q10 is the busiest route out of JFK soooo....

5364-5391-JFK

The Q6 will be getting artics in the future. The Q10 has roughly 21-22 buses during the rush hour.

The Q6 will be getting artics in the future. The Q10 has roughly 21-22 buses during the rush hour.

Last I heard the Q6 can't get artics due to the difficult turnaround at the Jamaica bus terminal. Plus, 28 XD60s (5364-5391) are not enough to be but on both the Q6 and Q10. And I believe a set of artics or two are occasionally used on the Q7.

When will jamaica depot send the rest of their NGS to casey stengel.

Last I heard the Q6 can't get artics due to the difficult turnaround at the Jamaica bus terminal. Plus, 28 XD60s (5364-5391) are not enough to be but on both the Q6 and Q10. And I believe a set of artics or two are occasionally used on the Q7.

Can the q60 bus use artics.

1. Not every bus move is automatically known. We have to see where buses deside to go to know where they are going.

2. IDK. The only time I know the Q60 used a D60 was around the time the (F) train derailed at 65 St, which suspended the QBL line from Roosevelt to Queens Plaza/21 St.

All they need to do is swap the Q17 and Q6 terminals. The Q17 will take the Q6's spot in the terminal and the Q6 will stop on the street. They will both slightly benefit. The Q17 won't have to go to Archer just to turn around and the Q6 won't have to spend time backing up out the terminal. But come on does the Q6 really need artics? JFK routes bunch a lot causing the buses to become crowded.

When will jamaica depot send the rest of their NGS to casey Stengel

The Q60 will probably be the last route you'd see a artic on. The only time you could possibly see an artic on the Q60 is if something happened on the Queens Blvd line and they need to use a longer bus to handle the crowd.

Redirect your questions here. This thread is not the place for your questions.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/26457-bus-random-thoughts-thread/page-1689

Word is that they might terminate the Q6 at Merrick, or at the current layover spot for the Q17. They've already done extra adjustments to accommodate the artics on the line, such as moving the Q6 from Sutphin/Jamaica to Sutphin/Archer at the old Q8/Q41 stop. The Q7 hardly uses artics anymore because of the influx of RTSs they recently received.

We have a little over 100 of these artics coming as we speak, and the Q53 is staying at CP till 2017. At this rate, I can see JFK getting a little more than just 28 artics.

------------------

On a sidenote, 4944, 4946 and 4996 are at West Farms. I wonder what the deal is with that.

Edited by Cait Sith

#5493 was tested about two years ago as it entered and exited the Jamaica Bus Terminal...without any issues. Ask "Seven Eleven" as he took pictures of it.

Side note, #1019 is at Gun Hill and #5784 is BACK at Kingsbridge.