MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

So, Jamaica, ENY, UP and Eastchester want nothing from Orion? I find it odd for Eastchester though

It's the Brass... ENY in Bklyn

In Queens it's QV

Eastchester has some pull on the MTAB side

Those RTS 51xx's they have TA wants them back

Flatbush and East New York really want them

Flatbush more so then the East

From my understanding Flatbush doesn't want NGs either

Basically NOBODY outside of Manhattan

besides Grand Av and Freah Pond wants Orion's anymore OG or NG

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not surprised that VG8 downvoted this post lol... But if ECH is keeping 6081 and 6333 for the time being then I really gotta see those

The Orion VII 1st Gens will probably go after the next NFI / Nova option order. Also Jamaica's just thrilled that they're getting all those new LFS' that they're giving their old ones to Queens Village lol

All the Gen 1 07s are gone with the next order

MTAB (3500s and some 3600s) NYCT (6300s - 6500s)(7500s-7600s) CNG version

QV could've taken the NGs in Jamaica.. But I do hope they leave soon to CS.... Once ENY kicks out our LFS

It probably sounds as if I'm bias to Hybrids but they just don't work in the outta boroughs... Also this is off topic a friend of mine as I were talking and he said that outside of SI the over the road coach isn't needed... That they could've order suburban 60 footers... What do y'all think about that ?

why do so many depots dislike hybrid's?

They weren't properly tested outside of Manhattan

When they first got them they were too fast so they slowed them down messing with the computers on them... Hence now why some of them drag and then the battery replacement is also an issue... Basically it's not a good designed bus...

QV could've taken the NGs in Jamaica.. But I do hope they leave soon to CS.... Once ENY kicks out our LFS

It probably sounds as if I'm bias to Hybrids but they just don't work in the outta boroughs... Also this is off topic a friend of mine as I were talking and he said that outside of SI the over the road coach isn't needed... That they could've order suburban 60 footers... What do y'all think about that ?

-All of MTA Bus Orion VIIs are Gen II+...same as the 67-6900s.

-The CNGs are being killed off by a separate order that has nothing to do with the hybrids. Those will actually come in first.

Eastchester (and every other depot) will take whatever DOB's top management and consultants assign to it.

ECH told DOB No to hybrids and I already posted they are not equipped to have hybrids. They don't have the battery chargers for the hybrid batteries.

Speaking of hybrid garbage, the following CH to GA. 4044, 4048, 4049, 4138, 4139, 4431, 4434, and 4435.

ECH told DOB No to hybrids and I already posted they are not equipped to have hybrids. They don't have the battery chargers for the hybrid batteries.

Speaking of hybrid garbage, the following CH to GA. 4044, 4048, 4049, 4138, 4139, 4431, 4434, and 4435.

Quite disappointed to see 4138-4139 and 4431 leave Yukon.

It's the Brass... ENY in Bklyn

In Queens it's QV

Eastchester has some pull on the MTAB side

Those RTS 51xx's they have TA wants them back

Flatbush and East New York really want them

Flatbush more so then the East

From my understanding Flatbush doesn't want NGs either

Basically NOBODY outside of Manhattan

besides Grand Av and Freah Pond wants Orion's anymore OG or NG

Wouldn't be fair to say that Jamaica's last order of LFS (#8457-8480) would displace those 19 NGs at Jamaica? I mean that's 24 LFS. Then I heard (at it was mentioned on Facebook...if you have an account) that Jamaica's 4900s (and I don't think #4968 and #4999 are included) would go to East New York. Probably in exchange for the 30 LFS to come to Jamaica. That's still possible...unless if the DOB has already changed that plan. Would you agree?

The #6365-6489 series is done very well from what I heard...especially the #6365-6426 from Manhattanville so those COULD last longer. Plus there's an order for 75 Hybrids to be delivered to NYCT so maybe some of those COULD go to MTA Bus? I'm think those OGs (#6490-6624) COULD go to Queens Village...well at least some of them to replace the RTS. If Casey Stengel COULD get a few of those.

They weren't properly tested outside of Manhattan

When they first got them they were too fast so they slowed them down messing with the computers on them... Hence now why some of them drag and then the battery replacement is also an issue... Basically it's not a good designed bus...

I agree with you on that. Same thing happen in Toronto with their NG Hybrids. Many of those were on their "High-Speed" lines and kept breaking down.

Edited by The TransitMan

-All of MTA Bus Orion VIIs are Gen II+...same as the 67-6900s.

-The CNGs are being killed off by a separate order that has nothing to do with the hybrids. Those will actually come in first.

No they aren't... 3500s are older... they were on property before they changed the rear seating configuration... The 3600s started the seat change on the MTAB side... On NYCT side we didn't see the change until the 6600s showed up

So anything pre 6600 is DONE

The entire 7500-7600 CNG versions are done

The entire 3500 series is DONE

No they aren't... 3500s are older... they were on property before they changed the rear seating configuration... The 3600s started the seat change on the MTAB side... On NYCT side we didn't see the change until the 6600s showed up

So anything pre 6600 is DONE

The entire 7500-7600 CNG versions are done

The entire 3500 series is DONE

The MTA Bus hybrids and everything above 6690 were delivered at the same time. They are the same model years...

Gen I: 2001-2003 (CNG), 2004 (hybrid)

-7560-7684

-6365-6489

Gen II: 2004-2005 (CNG), 2005 (hybrid)

-7685-7819

-6490-6689

Gen II+: 2006-2007

-3500-3783

-6690-6905

I pulled up the Orion production list, and it shows 3500 being made directly after 6714. In fact 3500-3524, along with a few buses for TTC, Des Moines Regional Transit, and some company called CyRide were built between NYCT 6714 and 6715.

Edited by Fresh Pond

Wouldn't be fair to say that Jamaica's last order of LFS (#8457-8480) would displace those 19 NGs at Jamaica? I mean that's 24 LFS. Then I heard (at it was mentioned on Facebook...if you have an account) that Jamaica's 4900s (and I don't think #4968 and #4999 are included) would go to East New York. Probably in exchange for the 30 LFS to come to Jamaica. That's still possible...unless if the DOB has already changed that plan. Would you agree?

The #6365-6489 series is done very well from what I heard...especially the #6365-6426 from Manhattanville so those COULD last longer. Plus there's an order for 75 Hybrids to be delivered to NYCT so maybe some of those COULD go to MTA Bus? I'm think those OGs (#6490-6624) COULD go to Queens Village...well at least some of them to replace the RTS. If Casey Stengel COULD get a few of those.

I agree with you on that. Same thing happen in Toronto with their NG Hybrids. Many of those were on their "High-Speed" lines and kept breaking down.

Its supposed to be All of the 4900s and 5000 from what I was told. 

The MTA Bus hybrids and everything above 6690 were delivered at the same time. They are the same model years...

Gen I: 2001-2003 (CNG), 2004 (hybrid)

-7560-7684

-6365-6489

Gen II: 2004-2005 (CNG), 2005 (hybrid)

-7685-7819

-6490-6689

Gen II+: 2006-2007

-3500-3783

-6690-6905

I pulled up the Orion production list, and it shows 3500 being made directly after 6714. In fact 3500-3524, along with a few buses for TTC, Des Moines Regional Transit, and some company called CyRide were built between NYCT 6714 and 6715.

Thanks for clearing it up... The MTAB model then is crappy

Ooh. It's times like these that I am glad to be a Grand Avenue fan. I was hoping that they would get some of those NGs. Now, if only they'd give some of those XDs to FLA or FP.

Also bummed that those 46xxs didn't get to QV. Maybe in the future.

Also

I spotted 9350 on the B32 this evening.

Ooh. It's times like these that I am glad to be a Grand Avenue fan. I was hoping that they would get some of those NGs. Now, if only they'd give some of those XDs to FLA or FP.

Also

Why would they need to give their XD's to FB or FP when those two depots already got them?

Also

No need for GA to give up XD's to FB // FP.

All needs to be done is retire the rest of the 97/98 RTS and replace with the transfers coming in from CHA and YU.

So to narrow down the list of depots that could get the hybrids, what depots do have battery chargers?