R179 Discussion Thread

You should read what I wrote, instead of being imature

I'm not being immature, I'm stating what I think about what you said. It's so outlandish that's all I can say. lolwut...

And I did read what you wrote, not every thing you say is smart/agreeable...

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The R42 was ordered in the early 70's and the R32 in the late 60's... :/

There are no cars left from the 50's lol... you'd be able to tell. For example. NO A/C...

I am sure both the R32s and R42s got an overhaul. The only reason people don't notice it is because the R46 ovehaul was on a much more larger scale, more people knew about it. I bet that over half of the forums does not know about the R40S overhaul.

I am sure both the R32s and R42s got an overhaul. The only reason people don't notice it is because the R46 ovehaul was on a much more larger scale, more people knew about it. I bet that over half of the forums does not know about the R40S overhaul.

I didn't say anything about the overhaul though... :/

Every Stainless Steel 60 foot SMEE car from R32-R42 got an overhaul...

Will this be final program for reefing the R32 & R42 because almost all of R32 & R42 have been reefed in Atlantic Ocean. When R179 come into service. is it 2 years left to delivery for R179 in 2014? I will make a bet When R46 retirement come . I maybe wrong. They will not reefed R46. Just like R44. Guessing

Will this be final program for reefing the R32 & R42 because almost all of R32 & R42 have been reefed in Atlantic Ocean. When R179 come into service. is it 2 years left to delivery for R179 in 2014? I will make a bet When R46 retirement come . I maybe wrong. They will not reefed R46. Just like R44. Guessing

What?

Example when R142 came & being deliver . When they retire R33 World Fair , R26 , R29 , R33 . So where are those cars when they retire in 2002 - 2006. It have been aritfical reefed . Anyone have the pics. When they retire R40 slant where those cars ? When R160 were replacing those cars. it have been artifcal reef. I maybe wrong.

Example when R142 came & being deliver . When they retire R33 World Fair , R26 , R29 , R33 . So where are those cars when they retire in 2002 - 2006. It have been aritfical reefed . Anyone have the pics. When they retire R40 slant where those cars ? When R160 were replacing those cars. it have been artifcal reef. I maybe wrong.

I think you need to research that for yourself

If your referring to what cars will get reefed when the 179s arrive, I say none. Last time I heard, they ended the reefing program. Now as to what cars get scrapped, say goodbye to the 32s and 42s. And as far as the 46s, they still got a lot of life in them. I'm almost as old as they are (I'm 35).

R179s in 2014? Not at this pace. We'll probably get a pilot set in 2015 maybe. Idk anymore. If it's not one thing it's another.

And please try to proof read before you post. It's hard to translate your sentence fragments into something comprehensible. Which is why everyone responds "What?" after you post like their name is Steve Austin or something.

Kinda reminds me of Donald Duck on "Duck Tales".

If your referring to what cars will get reefed when the 179s arrive, I say none. Last time I heard, they ended the reefing program. Now as to what cars get scrapped, say goodbye to the 32s and 42s. And as far as the 46s, they still got a lot of life in them. I'm almost as old as they are (I'm 35).

R179s in 2014? Not at this pace. We'll probably get a pilot set in 2015 maybe. Idk anymore. If it's not one thing it's another.

And please try to proof read before you post. It's hard to translate your sentence fragments into something comprehensible. Which is why everyone responds "What?" after you post like their name is Steve Austin or something.

Kinda reminds me of Donald Duck on "Duck Tales".

The R46's don't have alot a life left in them ether, the ones on the (A) and (C) are doing bad as well due to breakdowns and etc., the Polit R179 should be here by 2015-earliy 2016 (if deliverd late) for testing when the R32's retire half of them will get scrapped, the other half will stay for non revenue service (work trains) for the B division, also another pair will be saved for the Museum.

Edited by R32 3838

The R46's don't have alot a life left in them ether, the ones on the (A) and (C) are doing bad as well due to breakdowns and etc., the Polit R179 should be here by 2015-earliy 2016 (if deliverd late) for testing when the R32's retire half of them will get scrapped, the other half will stay for non revenue service (work trains) for the B division, also another pair will be saved for the Museum.

The R46s are getting rehabbed to extend their life for SIR service, so theyre not a source of concern for the MTA.

The R46s are getting rehabbed to extend their life for SIR service, so theyre not a source of concern for the MTA.

yeah those will be the A-A units and some ABBA units, 6170-6258 are the cars that will go to SIR, as for the ones in the subway they aren't getting another rehab, they just received their rehab 2-4 years ago

There are not enough R179s to bump the R46s over to SI. Therefore, you can feel safe that such will not happen.

The R46s are running fine now. No need to retire them early. Don't expect any to go anywhere soon.

(for that matter, the R32s have not been performing too badly either.)

last night about 4 R32's ran on the (A) during the overnight along with 1 R42, the (MTA) made it clear that they want to send about 64 R46's to SI to replace those R44's out there, its in the capital program

last night about 4 R32's ran on the (A) during the overnight along with 1 R42, the (MTA) made it clear that they want to send about 64 R46's to SI to replace those R44's out there, its in the capital program

True. However, it is still subject to change though...

I think we've gone thru this in the past pages, there's no need to rehash this. It's not a big deal as train swaps happens all the time. Remember yrs ago the R40s-42 to the (C) and JYD getting the R32s (before it was determined the R40s were a problem for riders because they didn't stop at the same car mark)? If the R179s have more 8 car trains intended for the (C), then what difference does it make if they decided to send the R143s to the (C)? They are both 8 car trains and it leaves ENY/Canarsie with 2 main train types.

Plus, how hard can it be to equip trains with CBTC if they were built to handle them?

As for SI, I will still say they should move the R68s there and save the bother of running the R46s there for 5~ yrs to be replaced by new trains. (take the single R68s off the Franklin S and send them to SI, R46 AA pairs could then be kept for the (S) ).

Edited by Grand Concourse

I think we've gone thru this in the past pages, there's no need to rehash this. How hard can it be to equip trains with CBTC if they were built to handle them?

As for SI, I will still say they should move the R68s there and save the bother of running the R46s there for 5~ yrs to be replaced by new trains. (take the single R68s off the Franklin S and send them to SI, R46 AA pairs could then be kept for the (S) ).

I have to say that I agree. Might as well put the R46s on the (S). I am sure it could run R32s if it wanted to.

I think we've gone thru this in the past pages, there's no need to rehash this. It's not a big deal as train swaps happens all the time. Remember yrs ago the R40s-42 to the (C) and JYD getting the R32s (before it was determined the R40s were a problem for riders because they didn't stop at the same car mark)? If the R179s have more 8 car trains intended for the (C), then what difference does it make if they decided to send the R143s to the (C)? They are both 8 car trains and it leaves ENY/Canarsie with 2 main train types.

Plus, how hard can it be to equip trains with CBTC if they were built to handle them?

I actually love the post you've made! :) Then all subway yards will have one or two car types assigned! I can see why R143s being possible for the (C) makes sense (not because of ridership, service increase, and CBTC) but will reduce maintenance costs at East New York Yard and provide better service for the BMT Eastern Division by simply making the (L) 100% R179s, (C) 100% R143s, and the (J)(Z) 100% R160s like the (M) so the (L) doesn't borrow any of the other BMT ED lines.

Of course, this is just mute disscussion. Just discussing what's possible that would actually help prevent ENY from maintaining a third car. ;)

Edited by RollOverMyHead