R179 Discussion Thread

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, and again, I was asking ENY...

Stop with the damn attitude please, it really getting old and it is not even called for. According to the latest documents, the testing dates around summer. No need for ENY or Fan Railer to point that out. If there's any other additional information that is revealed, then we will share it. As of right now, no other data is found at the moment. So relax, be patient, and stop being rude.

Stop with the damn attitude please, it really getting old and it is not even called for. According to the latest documents, the testing dates around summer. No need for ENY or Fan Railer to point that out. If there's any other additional information that is revealed, then we will share it. As of right now, no other data is found at the moment. So relax, be patient, and stop being rude.

I'm not being rude, I just asked a question directed towards ENY. But I will comply with what you said and calm down.

Anyways, so where will the R32's from the (C) go when all the R179's come?

I'm not being rude, I just asked a question directed towards ENY. But I will comply with what you said and calm down.

Anyways, so where will the R32's from the (C) go when all the R179's come?

I think some might go to the  (A) for a few 10car sets....Some might go to the  (G) for the  (L) shutdown....Im not that sure but my other experience forum members will correct me....

I think some might go to the (A) for a few 10car sets....Some might go to the (G) for the (L) shutdown....Im not that sure but my other experience forum members will correct me....

The best case scenario is the displaced R32s from the A/C, J/Z might go to the B line and some R68/68As from the B go to the G to supplement service for the aforementioned (L) shutdown. But we'll have to wait and see.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

He was just asking him since he didn't say it, sheesh...

Any ideas on when they will start their simulated stop testing?

As of right now Bombardier keeps slipping the timeline, so this update is valid as of 5 minutes ago. Whenever the train reaches a full 500 miles of testing without any failures the MTA will then move forward with the simulated testing. Unfortunately todays report states that there are still issues preventing the train from moving forward when it comes to testing.

I stated that because Fan Railer has answered this question hundreds of times. Whether on this forum, Facebook, YouTube, etc

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

After 8 years of being here, 7 of which on staff I've learned that I can answer a question 600 times. That doesn't mean that everyone saw the answer posted. You have to take into account that so many posts are made here on a daily basis that it is very easy to overlook something.

I think some might go to the  (A) for a few 10car sets....Some might go to the  (G) for the  (L) shutdown....Im not that sure but my other experience forum members will correct me....

No, the ONLY 179's for the (A) will be the initial 10-car sets. Then they will get R211's. See the R211 thread for some minor details and preliminary assignments.

As of right now Bombardier keeps slipping the timeline, so this update is valid as of 5 minutes ago. Whenever the train reaches a full 500 miles of testing without any failures the MTA will then move forward with the simulated testing. Unfortunately todays report states that there are still issues preventing the train from moving forward when it comes to testing.

Any word yet on what went wrong this time or is it still too early?

At this rate, there is a snowball's chance in hell that the bulk of the order will be here before the Canarsie shutdown ...

Any word yet on what went wrong this time or is it still too early?

At this rate, there is a snowball's chance in hell that the bulk of the order will be here before the Canarsie shutdown ...

I have no idea but at least one of the five car sets was out testing today, so apparently it wasn't too serious an issue...

They do clearance testing literally everywhere they can possibly run. The 179s were even spotted on the Franklin Ave shuttle. With that said, the majority of systems testing occurs on the Rockaways line as there is a long stretch of track that will not affect normal service.

They used to test new trains on the Sea Beach express track in addition to the Rockaways, Sea Beach isn't available this time around so all testing outside of clearance testing has to be done on the Rockaway test track, I was hoping they would use the West End middle track but oh well.