Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
East New York

R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

Program Update effective 2/20/19

E70AE3B5-BCC7-4242-8958-215EA3B3E968.jpeg

2A3D4B44-9846-4D37-8FFE-88142B572B51.jpeg

844D9F11-6BFF-4B1B-A0AA-CEEF1E3D444B.jpeg

D143F871-E911-4F90-BF83-14B590D436A2.jpeg

018FCF27-0E25-47C4-8133-9E14E0160D65.jpeg

FCAB8EC7-FC4C-45EB-95CC-8F213A2E4F1E.jpeg

Message added by East New York

Recommended Posts

Just now, Lawrence St said:

We're almost done with the R179 delivery right?

No, they have 9 more sets to deliver. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

Any new deliveries?

Not yet. 1/2 of the 4th set is in property: 3258-3267

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It felt like the 160 order went much faster than this, even when Kawasaki batch was finished and only Astom was building new 160s. Wish it was possible for the TA & Kawasaki to make the 211s come this year rather than next 😄

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

It felt like the 160 order went much faster than this, even when Kawasaki batch was finished and only Astom was building new 160s. Wish it was possible for the TA & Kawasaki to make the 211s come this year rather than next 😄

 

 

 

I guess the MTA will have to admit that the 1 car per day goal is not going to happen with the r179's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

I guess the MTA will have to admit that the 1 car per day goal is not going to happen with the r179's.

This is what happens when they wanna save 12.4 million dollars for cars. These R179’s are the Forever 21 to the H&M. H&M being the R160’s of course. 

  • LMAO! 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, VIP said:

This is what happens when they wanna save 12.4 million dollars for cars. These R179’s are the Forever 21 to the H&M. H&M being the R160’s of course. 

I'm pretty sure that those 12.4 millions that they saved are being spent doing damage control with the r179's and to maintain the the r32's until the r211's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

I'm pretty sure that those 12.4 millions that they saved are being spent doing damage control with the r179's and to maintain the the r32's until the r211's.

I’m sure of that. 💯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So with the (L) shutdown not happening. Are these new cars coming retiring any cars? Or is it just additional service ?  Like the R46's moving from the (A) to the (F)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, RailRunRob said:

So with the (L) shutdown not happening. Are these new cars coming retiring any cars? Or is it just additional service ?  Like the R46's moving from the (A) to the (F)?

The new cars (R179) are additional service but to reduce shortage for both the (A) and (C) trains, and the rest of the B Division line. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Calvin said:

The new cars (R179) are additional service but to reduce shortage for both the (A) and (C) trains, and the rest of the B Division line. 

The key was shortage. Forgot about that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That and they still don't fully trust the R179s to hold down service, which is why nothing has been retired yet. 

4 hours ago, RailRunRob said:

So with the (L) shutdown not happening. Are these new cars coming retiring any cars? Or is it just additional service ?  Like the R46's moving from the (A) to the (F)?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, R179 8258 said:

Are the R179 running over night ? 

Yes. The (A) has at least 2 out of the 3 running late nights for example. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Calvin said:

Yes. The (A) has at least 2 out of the 3 running late nights for example. 

Most of 207th’s R179’s are OOS for maintenance and inspections again. The (C) only has two sets running today and the (A) has NONE. There were  only two R32’s on the (A) this morning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2019 at 10:12 PM, j express said:

@m2fwannabe Any R46 transfers recently since the 3 set of R179s went into service on the (A)?

There was only one set of R46s moved to Jamaica Yard. However, I do believe that there are a couple of 10-car R32s at Pitkin. Will double check when I go to work tonight. 

On 6/17/2019 at 10:46 PM, Calvin said:

Not yet. 1/2 of the 4th set is in property: 3258-3267

Looks like another set to Pitkin!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2019 at 4:10 PM, VIP said:

Most of 207th’s R179’s are OOS for maintenance and inspections again. The (C) only has two sets running today and the (A) has NONE. There were  only two R32’s on the (A) this morning. 

The 179s are back in service. One is on the (A) to Far Rockaway as we speak heading to the terminal now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.