M-9 Discussion

East New York

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this is BS then? It hasn't actually been delivered. See this is why I can't trust anybody here because they have no evidence.

Who even are you? You're new. In time, you see he's one of, if not THE most, reliable source of information regarding upcoming orders on this forums.

Who even are you? You're new. In time, you see he's one of, if not THE most, reliable source of information regarding upcoming orders on this forums.

Oh really, because 99% of the R179 information he posted was completely false, meanwhile the information I got from staff members was completely conflicted and actually correct. The M9 was never "in". A mockup set was completed and is way over FTA limits which are preventing mockups from ever entering service currently. Thanks,

Oh really, because 99% of the R179 information he posted was completely false, meanwhile the information I got from staff members was completely conflicted and actually correct. The M9 was never "in". A mockup set was completed and is way over FTA limits which are preventing mockups from ever entering service currently. Thanks,

No one forces you to believe him. 

If you think you have more reliable sources, post it, and when it's proven we'll actually believe you. Thanks how it works, it's called merit, the more you have the harder it is to discredit you.

• 5 months later...

Cars 9001, 9003 and 9007 have been photographed in Kawasaki's plant in Kobe, Japan by an employee on what appears to be a personal blog (someone on FB found it). These photographs are apparently from April 6th and March 25th. The first eight cars supposedly will be over here in two to four months...

Cars 9001, 9003 and 9007 have been photographed in Kawasaki's plant in Kobe, Japan by an employee on what appears to be a personal blog (someone on FB found it). These photographs are apparently from April 6th and March 25th. The first eight cars supposedly will be over here in two to four months...

9008 and 9009 have also been photographed at Kobe, Japan... so that's now 9 cars under construction.

17861627_1313162262104059_52580637572614

Edited by Around the Horn

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New renderings for the M9's. Rumor has it both MNR and LIRR units will have one shared paint scheme.

19113622_329008497532624_795960154136735

Cuomo is really obsessed about image, isn't he?

I actually like the sides of the cars, but I'm not big on the front end.  I like it better than the original color scheme (which IMO was just ugly), but this one looks really tacky, especially with the white stripe.

You know, after the third quote of the rendering pic, I think we get what it looks like..

Notwithstanding, this is all to create a backdrop for Cuomo 2020 ads. Ah politics...

Edited by RR503

Someone at the factory must've been colorblind or didn't look at the blueprint enough. Or the rendering was wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

or came before prince andrew made the mandate

Well I think this is a prototype car, and they can definitely change around the paint scheme. I don't mind the stripes on the side of the cars on the rendering. As long as the LIRR still has the yellow front.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app