SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

We have two fan trips; one on the Flushing Line with the TOMC on Tuesday, April 5 and one on the Jerome Avenue Line with the Lo - V's on Friday, April 1. Problem is, all of these trips are during the morning during the school week, so no foamers! :D

I wouldn't say that last part.

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have two fan trips; one on the Flushing Line with the TOMC on Tuesday, April 5 and one on the Jerome Avenue Line with the Lo - V's on Friday, April 1. Problem is, all of these trips are during the morning during the school week, so no foamers! :D

1. Those dates are wrong.The Flushing trip is Friday, April 8th and the Jerome trip is Monday, April 4th/

2. While I do have school that day, I get out at 1PM so I can certainly make the return trip from Flushing.

Railfans trespass and play around with roll signs on in service trains, so cutting school to ride an vintage train is no big deal..

1. Those dates are wrong.The Flushing trip is Friday, April 8th and the Jerome trip is Monday, April 4th/

2. While I do have school that day, I get out at 1PM so I can certainly make the return trip from Flushing.

It's only going one trip to Flushing. Those trips going down are Baseball Specials (Super Express 7 Trains) that normally happens every game.

Some observations from today:

1406-1410 are on the (1) line with (3) strip maps and the rollsigns between cars all still say (3).

2146 on the (6) has a R62 single line rollsign as well as 1924.

Southbound (D) trains were arriving at Columbus Circle on the local track.

And apparently there is no (C) to 145 St via Delancey program or TOs/CRs don't know how to find it. I only saw either:

C 145 ST

C 8 AV LOCAL

or

C 168 ST

C VIA DELANCEY ST

Also 8613 has an interesting variation of the (C) to Brooklyn via Delancey program. The normal one announces a transfer to the (F) at 2 Av and at York Street announces that it is a "Euclid Avenue bound (C) train via the (F) line". This car had neither.

My first post on this website in a long time...

I actually have returned to ask one random question that has bugged me for a while...

At Utica Avenue heading towards Manhattan, the holding lights seem to always come on for the (3) regardless of whether there is a (4) train arriving or not. This occurred last weekend when there was not even (4) train service in Brooklyn. Anyone know why this happens?

I actually have returned to ask one random question that has bugged me for a while...

At Utica Avenue heading towards Manhattan, the holding lights seem to always come on for the (3) regardless of whether there is a (4) train arriving or not. This occurred last weekend when there was not even (4) train service in Brooklyn. Anyone know why this happens?

Possibly, they are holding the (3) there instead of waiting for a (2) to cross in front while in between Nostrand and Franklin.

Some observations from today:

1406-1410 are on the (1) line with (3) strip maps and the rollsigns between cars all still say (3).

2146 on the (6) has a R62 single line rollsign as well as 1924.

Southbound (D) trains were arriving at Columbus Circle on the local track.

And apparently there is no (C) to 145 St via Delancey program or TOs/CRs don't know how to find it. I only saw either:

C 145 ST

C 8 AV LOCAL

or

C 168 ST

C VIA DELANCEY ST

Also 8613 has an interesting variation of the (C) to Brooklyn via Delancey program. The normal one announces a transfer to the (F) at 2 Av and at York Street announces that it is a "Euclid Avenue bound (C) train via the (F) line". This car had neither.

(A) s were also running express on cpw local tracks. im surprised that we didn't slow down at all. and he was beeping at every station, which got annoying after 86th street. the southbound (A) I was on arrived on the local track, which was really weird too

(A) s were also running express on cpw local tracks. im surprised that we didn't slow down at all. and he was beeping at every station, which got annoying after 86th street. the southbound (A) I was on arrived on the local track, which was really weird too

interesting. I only went as far north as 59 Street so I didn't see that.

Welcome back bro! (Even if it's only temporarily lol)

The thing that I wonder is, why would it even be necessary to hold a (3) train at Utica even if there was a (4) train there? It's the first stop on the (4), so there wouldn't be any passengers getting off the (4), seeking (3) service to Kingston or Nostrand.

But yeah, Around The Horn is probably right. Either that, or they have some padding in the schedule between New Lots & Utica.

Becuase many times they are running early when they get to Utica.It was happening a lot Becuase Rockaway and Van Siclen were closed.But they reopened so maybe it will happen less.Look at the schedule if the train is 2 min or more early they hold.

Edited by Abba

There was switch problem at 59th Street (Surprised it wasn't on the alerts). They had Southbound (A) Trains ran Express on the CPW Local tracks until 2:30 PM or so. The last one on the local tracks actually did went local though before it was fixed.