SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

The (T) train takes over, and anyone who want to go to 6 Av can either Transfer to a Broadway train or the (F) (and maybe a supplemental (V) or (H) train) at Houston Street

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

However, in my proposal the Broadway Junction interlocking would have to be reorganized and the (A) , (C), (J)(Z) and (L) trains would have to be rearranged

But 6th Avenue is where people wanna go, more so during the rush. It's makes to decrease transfers during the rush, not increase them. Not saying everyone should have a one-seat ride, but one-seat rides should be given where the demand is prevalent, and nobody is really clamoring for such service.

This is no more than sending trains to wherever just for the hell of it.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven Bl

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be the same as merging at West 4 St. You said "run the (D) via the (A) then switch to the (F)." Plus, it could only run via the (F) if it merged before Broadway-Laffayette.

If it make thing better or worse, the Broadway Junction interlocking could be reorganized to allow for (D) trains to run to the Bay Ridge Branch so that the (D) could still run to south Brooklyn (which would allow for a transfer at 62 St- New Urchet Avenue), a new Express service could be added to speed up the process

Note- I'm using part of the proposal for the Triborough RX

The (T) train takes over, and anyone who want to go to 6 Av can either Transfer to a Broadway train or the (F) (and maybe a supplemental (V) or (H) train) at Houston Street

However, in my proposal the Broadway Junction interlocking would have to be reorganized and the (A) , (C), (J)(Z) and (L) trains would have to be rearranged

Outrageous. The (D) is the most popular train on 4th Avenue and you're going to tell everyone to transfer? GTFOH.

Perhaps you should just take a break from making subway proposals until you can understand the idea of ridership patterns...

Only serving one stop won't stop West End residents from rioting. :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

This part of the proposal is going to have local express stations, New Urchet Avenue will be an express station

Outrageous. The (D) is the most popular train on 4th Avenue and you're going to tell everyone to transfer? GTFOH.

Perhaps you should just take a break from making subway proposals until you can understand the idea of ridership patterns...

I must be really bad at Making proposals then

Maybe an alternative is to use the 1970s proposal

But 6th Avenue is where people wanna go, more so during the rush. It's makes to decrease transfers during the rush, not increase them. Not saying everyone should have a one-seat ride, but one-seat rides should be given where the demand is prevalent, and nobody is really clamoring for such service.

This is no more than sending trains to wherever just for the hell of it.

EXACTLY.

LGA N Train: Listen to what Around the Horn said! :angry: You can't just pull a Wallyhorse and think proposals would automatically work!

BM5 via Woodhaven Blvd: I also agree.

So I'm bad at Making proposals... might as well scrap every single one I've tried to do

So I'm bad at Making proposals... might as well scrap every single one I've tried to do

That involves expanding the subway, like connecting Metropolitan bound (M) trains to The Roosevelt Avenue Upper level

So, might as well keep the (T) at Hanover Square

We're not saying you should scrap your proposals. We're saying YOU NEED TO THINK THEM THROUGH FIRST.

Well..... then here's a revized version then,

Keep the (D) at west end and have the (T) supplement it. Next, place another second Avenue train to replace the (B) Train at Brighton using Montague. Next, with a plan to reduce needs for the (M), send the (B) to Metropolitan and Extend it to the Roosevelt upper level. The (M) can either replace an existing rail line using south 4th and the LIE. Lastly, a third second Avenue train and the (W) will run via Fulton Street so that the (C) may run express and maybe replace the existing Jamaica elevated line, the (J)(Z)

Well..... then here's a revized version then,

Keep the (D) at west end and have the (T) supplement it. Next, place another second Avenue train to replace the (B) Train at Brighton using Montague. Next, with a plan to reduce needs for the (M), send the (B) to Metropolitan and Extend it to the Roosevelt upper level. The (M) can either replace an existing rail line using south 4th and the LIE. Lastly, a third second Avenue train and the (W) will run via Fulton Street so that the (C) may run express and maybe replace the existing Jamaica elevated line, the (J)(Z)

There, is that better?????

An additional two trains at DeKalb would make the worst junction in the system even worse. And I still don't understand why any of that is necessary given current ridership plans - why are you so hell-bent on reducing the (M) and replacing it with the (B) or (D)? I highly doubt there's any significant demand for Williamsburg/Bushwick - CPW/Concourse service, whereas Williamsburg/Bushwick - 53rd service probably has some demand. 

And Fulton Street's current situation isn't ideal, but it's not worth having a very expensive project to connect it to a low-ridership supplementary local...

An additional two trains at DeKalb would make the worst junction in the system even worse. And I still don't understand why any of that is necessary given current ridership plans - why are you so hell-bent on reducing the (M) and replacing it with the (B) or (D)? I highly doubt there's any significant demand for Williamsburg/Bushwick - CPW/Concourse service, whereas Williamsburg/Bushwick - 53rd service probably has some demand.

And Fulton Street's current situation isn't ideal, but it's not worth having a very expensive project to connect it to a low-ridership supplementary local...

So then, rebuild the Dekalb Avenue Junction at part of the proposal

...because you would need to take property and tear up Flatbush Av to do it. :(

Not even, the junction was already rebuilt to better accommodate Local and express service in Brooklyn. Doing it a second time would be pointless as 1. Like it was said Flatbush would have to be ripped open again and 2. How exactly can you realign the tracks to fit more than 4 services on the Manhattan Bridge?

Just a note about those old signs that used to be at 53rd Street that said "Lutheran Medical Center Sister Elizabeth"...

I remember having a conversation in this thread about two years ago when they got removed.

Turns out they were removed because it's no longer Lutheran. NYU Langone took the hospital over. So not necessarily, the MTA getting Standard Medium sign removal happy.

Edited by Around the Horn

There was an in-service (B) that left Coney Island at 8:01 AM. I'll post my hastily-shot pictures and videos later.

I do hope that it becomes a regular thing and not some one-off deviation from regular service.

There were (B) Trains running via West End because of the Dekalb Avenue incident which was probably why.

Can someone explain to me what the actual benefits of the RBB are? I feel like it would disrupt service on QBL without having much of a benefit... Who/what would it help?

First off the RBB runs through under served area's in Queens. Woodhaven Boulevard is really congested most of the time. And to Get from JFK to midtown takes 1.5 hours or longer (depending on your commute). Now if the RBB was converted into subway service, it would benefit those who live near it. Take off congestion on Woodhaven Boulevard (which is needed) and will likely give commuters a faster ride from JFK to Midtown, cutting time off to 45 minutes. As for QBL (since it's getting CBTC) would not be much of a problem, in fact there are 2 options to this proposal. One is to connect it to the QBL and the Other is to connect it to the Queens Bypass. Take your pick

I'm all for RBB reactivation for the reasons you mention, but a small part of me wants to argue (sorry!)

We only have one line we can add off of the QB local tracks. Seeing as the RBB has at least part of its catchement area covered by the J/Z and A, why don't we use that capacity to build a line along the LIE to, say, Bell Boulevard, a la AirTrain. 

Just food for thought...