SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Late weekday evening (M) trains terminate at Chambers Street instead of 71st Avenue if you guys check the MTA's trip planner thingy and the departure times between about 11:00 p.m. and 12 midnight.

Edit: Sorry if this was said before.

Edited by Jemorie

Late weekday evening (M) trains terminate at Chambers Street instead of 71st Avenue if you guys check the MTA's trip planner thingy and the departure times between about 11:00 p.m. and 12 midnight.

Edit: Sorry if this was said before.

Those trains are stored between Chambers and Bowery for the next morning rush.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Today there was at least two sets of 46s on the (F) today back to back. Had to pass up the first one cause it was so crowded, thought about squeezing on but I remembered the 46s recent "history" and passed it up. The F behind it was a 46, surprised to see two sets in service on the line on a Saturday, epically considering the F is cut back to forest hills.

I have personal anecdote to share that happened a few days ago but I forgot about it because the train took so damn long, I was just relieved when it got there. Anyway, here it is: I'm standing at Broad Channel n/b direction waiting for the (A) in the open-air part of the platform. There is a MTA cleaner walking by sweeping up some stuff, then she gets up to this plastic bag which I didn't even think had anything in it. Then she uncovers the bag, to which I see a box of Cocoa Puffs with a milk carton with half the milk left inside. I'm thinking to myself "Oh someone must've done a grocery run and just gotten thirsty and drank some milk and got on the train, maybe he forgot it". Then she takes the bag away and there sits a ceramic bowl filled with chocolate milk, (Choco puffs and milk) with a metal spoon. Like what? Was someone kicked out of the house last night and only managed to grab the cereal and milk. Hangover food? Saw the cleaner walking away shaking her head in disgust.

Sent from my iPad using NYC Transit Forums mobile app