SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lawrence St: Honestly I don't know why. Could you possibly tell me when it was shut down? I might've been away when it happened.

I heard on Facebook that it went down on September 3. I don't know why though. The Forum is registered in Dallas, Texas, so maybe it had to do with the hurricane there and the resulting infrastructure collapse.

Edited by agar io

I heard on Facebook that it went down on September 3. I don't know why though. The Forum is registered in Dallas, Texas, so maybe it had to do with the hurricane there and the resulting infrastructure collapse.

Didn't know about the site registration being down there. Sheesh

But the R188 program would've solved that problem.

On another note: when the (9) was discontinued, how many of the R62As did that free up?

FYI There was no (9) fleet just as there's no (Z) fleet. There is/was only the (1) and (J) fleets. Think about the (5) to Utica, Flatbush or New Lots. Different stops but the same fleet. Carry on.

From what I was told from someone who works for the TA, the R68A (R) appeared to fill in for a R46 layup that had an issue at Coney Island yard. There are cases in the past where the yards supply trains to other lines not assigned to the yard during the rush hours to fill in for layups if they have an issue. This has happened on the (F) line before where R160s and R68/As from Coney Island due to some of the layups at the Av X yard had an issue.