SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there really a new timer on the (4) Woodlawn bound coming in to Kingsbridge? I was on the platform at Fordham and while waiting for the train, I see a Yellow then a Red signal before Kingsbridge (no trains in the area, 8 minute headway) and the train I got on did have to slow down reaching that area.

That timer was not there two weeks ago (last week I was out of town)

I want to go a bit further in contrubuting to this forum. Puchase a good camera and take some pics of this vast subway system. Make railfanning as a hobby a goal and accomplishment as a New Yorker (abroad too) Hit CPW on a good run (record it) same with QBL, same with 4th Avenue on the (N) (record it with good angles.) Ohh and the (7) express to Main Street catching the switches at the Fluiching terminal. The Lexington Line (was commuting to the boogie down-coming home yesterday uptown into the boogie down) this T/O was killing it bet Brooklyn Bridge and Grand Central.

I'll post with also accurate commentary according to publication on the net as well as the good solid comment here. So the lurkers can get schooled too and would like to see what this city is about.

CPW as an alternative on the (D) Concorse express is running better now, it's timed better.

Yeah I'm rambling, forgive me.

I dont want to be anonymous no more. I'm down to network with many other educated and enthusiastic transit enthusiasts. Dont care what some employees say, interest in trains and infrastructure in NYC is just as normal as cars (Damn I need to get a new car, I sold my shit forerunner to pay bills)

Just do my thing as a foamer. =) Of course not to the extreme.

Hmm maybe I can set up at train similator network through a DMZ as a proxy server. Install NOS and web application, through a blogging feature with it. Maybe i can get a date center and/or use cloud technology and and hanve a WAN set up with web access. With uploaded pics.

Trust me as I figure it out I may really do this. I mean Im in the IT field, might as well do this.

Edited by realizm

People actually do this? :blink:

What on earth for? The best part of the train is the front, and you're not going to get a pic of that if you hold the doors. :wacko:

You know idiots exist in the railfan community. The bad foamers who will do anything stupid.

Wow, a R46 at Lefferts!!! I hope somebody got a photo of THAT!

The photographer foamers travel in packs. One of them will hold the doors while the other one runs onto the catwalk to get a photo. That's when I get on my radio. They were doing it during the first (3) to Flatbush GO in January at every single Nostrand Ave stop.......and of course police didn't respond until Franklin, and they got off at President to abuse the next train.

The photographer foamers travel in packs. One of them will hold the doors while the other one runs onto the catwalk to get a photo. That's when I get on my radio. They were doing it during the first (3) to Flatbush GO in January at every single Nostrand Ave stop.......and of course police didn't respond until Franklin, and they got off at President to abuse the next train.

I see what you're saying. This is part of the reason I travel alone while fanning.