SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing wrong with being a foamer, just keep it within the limits of the law. Don't be one of those dbs who holds the doors to get a photo or goes into the tunnel or roadbed, or gets your hands on keys/handles and decides to play with the layups at Ocean Parkway.

True. I'll be careful not to trespass employee only areas as I take pics when I'm ready to go ahead with my project.

Wow, a R46 at Lefferts!!! I hope somebody got a photo of THAT!

The photographer foamers travel in packs. One of them will hold the doors while the other one runs onto the catwalk to get a photo. That's when I get on my radio. They were doing it during the first (3) to Flatbush GO in January at every single Nostrand Ave stop.......and of course police didn't respond until Franklin, and they got off at President to abuse the next train.

Ladies and Gentlemen we are being delayed in order to get pictures of this historic run, please be patient

Is that the pair with 4450 in it? I thought they were keeping that around for school car purposes.

http://www.nycsubway...erl/show?133404

If that's the r40/42 that's in CIY, then it got flooded up to the T/O's front window in water when sandy's surge waters came in. I hope that's not the set they planned to preserve(d).

Edited by Mr Railfan

If that's the r40/42 that's in CIY, then it got flooded up to the T/O's front window in water when sandy's surge waters came in. I hope that's not the set they planned to preserve(d).

If the (MTA) wants to preserve it, then it will be repaired. That could be a good museum candidate.

That's not difficult to do. It's not like those areas of chock full of history and foamers' delights.

Man. I should have gone to the Underbelly Project when I had the chance to do so and see what a second system IND station could have looked like at South 4th St. Missed my chance. Damn...

Edited by realizm

LOL at this section of an article on the NYT :lol:

A Forlorn Shuttle Points to Progress in the Rockaways

...Transit workers have also noticed a change: of the few riders on the H, they say, a high percentage are ardent train buffs, descending on the line to appreciate its rich history. From 1962 to 1972, Rockaway shuttle service was known as the HH, and internally, officials at the authority still refer to the Rockaway Park shuttle as the H, to differentiate it from the Times Square and Franklin Avenue shuttles, both known as the S.

“It’s like they found the holy grail here,” a conductor said last week, noting that enthusiasts tended to cluster in the train’s first car. “It’s a job for us,” he continued. “It’s a passion for them....”

Now, I wonder who those buffs are.... :P

(I know the article probably belongs in the Sandy thread, but this section just asked to be posted on this OT thread! The rest, is of course, in the Sandy thread.)

http://www.nytimes.c...ml?ref=nyregion

Edited by IntExp

By this, do you mean pairs that contain R40s?

If so, that boggles my mind, as the Slants and Mods are so different.

The only thing different about the slants and mods is the front end...other than that it's the exact same thing

LOL at this section of an article on the NYT :lol:

Now, I wonder who those buffs are.... :P

(I know the article probably belongs in the Sandy thread, but this section just asked to be posted on this OT thread! The rest, is of course, in the Sandy thread.)

http://www.nytimes.c...ml?ref=nyregion

Lmao do you really want an answer to that? :P

I did remember a while ago someone mentioning that. Apparently, the MTA decided that they were too similar to keep 2 of each.

That would be a shame because of their history being the surviving cars of the Willy B crash. That alone should be a reason to keep them, imo. Just like how I think they should preserve 1438 to represent the R62s as it was the survivor of the Union Sq crash.