BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So everyday now my classmates and I have to take the M3 or M4 from Mt. Sinai Hospital (Madison Av & 100th St) to our school (Convent Av & 140th St). Some of them aren't familiar with buses at all, and it shows.

Usually the M4 comes first so we just take that. We ride at a time where there are some M4 buses used for morning Rush service are heading back to Manhattanville depot, so the last stop is at Broadway & 135th. Normally we get of 137th St, but 2 extra blocks is just 2 extra blocks. What gets me is, everybody is always unaware of these short-turns. One of my friends who doesn't ask the bus asked me if there's more than one M4, which I guess is a legit question, but the front of the bus says it, the side says it, and the guide-a-ride too. One of my friends rides the bus sometimes and he was totally oblivious of the sign on the bus until I pointed it out to him >.>

This is nothing major but the signs and stuff are there for people to look at so when they don't and ask silly questions it's bugs me. We're supposed to be a bunch of brainiacs. One friend actually knows his way around the 5 boroughs, he's like a god in these cases :D

Also remember when I said Limited timetables should be purple? Here's exactly what I mean.

[some fonts and symbols from the schedules don't show up well or at all in Inkscape, so that's why some things look weird.]

Edited by Mysterious2train

When I look at this thread or the random ones around, makes me feel like this is Facebook and Twitter :P

took Q44 yesterday...and the AC was blasting to the max. Even though the weather was gorgeous outside, the bus was traveling in arctic region...

btw, I had a bus ride through hell...a.k.a Bx36...

Sometimes I just love to open up the window on the top side. A nicer air, unless the AC is on.

The Bx36 I've been avoiding... That route is hell with only 40 footers. Only see artics like 1 or 2x during the week. It needs artics badly...

My wife says that a "Jackie Gleason bus" (not referring to the depot, nor a particular bus; it's just her way of saying "old look", so I didn't even know which one it was) was at the Myrtle Ave. street fair today. So that must be why it was sighted at Fresh Pond.

I'm annoyed for missing this, (and was on vacation last week, and can't go to the Atlantic Antic either). :angry:

Where do you see so many RTS's at??

Same place everyone else does? 5223 was running on the M42 today, if that's what you're asking.

So I just got off of Nova LFS 8027 on the s52......it sounded like it was using a Voith.....can someone check that out....at firs I was thinking that's how the zf was but now I'm. Thinking its a Voith

I'll bet on no.

I talked to the bus time team about me seeing 4899 and it not being on bustime....they replied to me saying that 4899 recently joined the fleet so it will have bustime equipped to it shortly

Well of course it wont have bus time. They just got the bus , you expect them to just activate something the moment they get it. As long as the bus runs for now and can do service they aint worried about no bus time. Bus aint staying there but for so long, the bus move between staten island & ulmer park will take into effect between now & next month. You just waisted time calling them, its only bus time.

Well that bus damm sure sounds like a voith...if u didn't know the transmission you would think its a voith

Uhh.... #1 its not a voith. #2 the transmission is probbaly just broken in.