BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh if you think that's something Wednesday two BxM2's ran back to back, and Friday two sets of BxM18's ran back to back, all going to Riverdale. Northbound the BxM1 has been the most reliable.

Given how two BM3's are bunching on 60 minute headways, you just can't compare that. I mean, different times of the day, different days, given bunching on 60 minute headways compared to 15 and 30 (respectively), The BxM2/BxM18 ordeal is nothing compared to this. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

I noticed that some buses have wireless networks like "mta 383".anyone know if I am allowed to use these networks and what the password would be?

Mamma mia... How many times are you going to post that? <_<

Given how two BM3's are bunching on 60 minute headways, the BxM2/BxM18 ordeal is nothing compared to this.

Actually it is something because both lines were on 30 minute headways, and the last set of BxM18's were over an hour late, with the first one being almost 2 hours late.

Actually it is something because both lines were on 30 minute headways, and the last set of BxM18's were over an hour late, with the first one being almost 2 hours late.

Yeah, and the BM3 is on 60 minute headways. 

If you just want to point out that there's (more) ridership from Riverdale than Sheepshead, and/or that Riverdale is more important than Sheepshead Bay, just say it.

This afternoon's ride in:

x17 -> via 8th Avenue from Houston to W 57... 

However, console ops came on and told all uptown express to avoid 8th Ave and take 10th Ave  :huh: . Kinda sucks if you have to be in East Midtown (Madison Ave) and be dropped off on 10th.

Stayed on until 23rd and rode the  (C) uptown.

Tonight's ride back.

At 19:00ish I checked Bus Time across from City Hall, there were three x17's way uptown at the beginning of the route. The x10 flew past me completely packed. (I can't remember if I checked the x1 on Bus TIme, but saw no x1 from Barclay to Bowling Green) So I decided to take the SI Ferry to the s74. When I got off the s74 (Woodrow & Arthur Kill) the first two buses just completed their routes (Huguenot & Woodrow), so I only lost 25 minutes.

I noticed that some buses have wireless networks like "mta 383".anyone know if I am allowed to use these networks and what the password would be?

Has something to do with the GPS or the cameras or some crap like that. Almost any bus will pop up as "MTAxxxx" (whatever the number is)

Can't get into it at all

I have a question:

Looking from an old X17/X19 timetable from 2008, it shows the X17 Traveling down Broadway from 23 to 14 street, and 5 Avenue all the way down to 23. Now, the X17 turns off 5 Avenue at 32 Street, and goes down via Park Avenue South. I don't know if this was the same for the X10. Why did the MTA decided to route it on i's current route, instead of maintaining it on 5 Avenue to 23 Street, then 23rd to Park Avenue South, then down. This would be sorta beneficial if the X1, 10, and 17 all stopped together, since an X1 rider in South Beach/Grasmere can opt for the X10 as well (if it comes first), and could opt for the X17 if they're riding to ETC, and vice versa).

I have a question:

Looking from an old X17/X19 timetable from 2008, it shows the X17 Traveling down Broadway from 23 to 14 street, and 5 Avenue all the way down to 23. Now, the X17 turns off 5 Avenue at 32 Street, and goes down via Park Avenue South. I don't know if this was the same for the X10. Why did the MTA decided to route it on i's current route, instead of maintaining it on 5 Avenue to 23 Street, then 23rd to Park Avenue South, then down.

The X10 and X17 head to the East Side, so running them down Park Avenue South isn't a big deal since it's a block over from Madison. There's also less congestion usually as opposed to taking 23rd street over. You have enough express buses on 5th in that area as it is.

I really hate when buses are full and people don't move up the steps and into the rear. I feel like nobody does that until I do it, so I'm basically setting an example for everybody.

I AM FREAKIN' 11! WHY AM I SETTING EXAMPLES FOR ADULTS!?

Honestly, I don't think that you are.

I really hate when buses are full and people don't move up the steps and into the rear. I feel like nobody does that until I do it, so I'm basically setting an example for everybody.

By federal law this site can't let you on here knowing you're under 13... just sayin you really shouldn't have said that.

Wow your only in the 6th grade then that's assuming you were never left back.

I don't think its setting the example. People usually feel more comfortable when someone else is on the high floor section with them. It is kind of awkward especially on Orion VII's when everyone else is on the bottom and you there by yourself.

Wow your only in the 6th grade then that's assuming you were never left back.

I don't think its setting the example. People usually feel more comfortable when someone else is on the high floor section with them. It is kind of awkward especially on Orion VII's when everyone else is on the bottom and you there by yourself.

Standing in the rear of an Orion VII feels wired. The back of the bus has tight space, so it is not like a back-to-back compare to the front of the bus where there is more space for people to pass.