BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. I'm pretty sure you or someone else here asked the same question a few days ago.

I'm dead gonna report the next post I see with Quill or MHV and CNG tanks in the same sentence. This is really getting annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Edited by DaTransitMan4608

Does anyone know what happened to 572? Is it in the process of getting a repaint or did something else happen?

Probably, most of buses cannot be repainted. Situation like that happened to those buses must be broken and taken for repair, I think.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Edited by collagedchen300

I just guess. I am referring to some parts of the bus.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

I mean you're not exactly wrong on your guess. I asked since this particular unit is the only C40LF with experimental interior LCD screens so it could've been taken out of service to address kinks that could be related to the screens (a la electrical issues like the Clever Devices LCD screens on the Orion 7 NG HEVs) or it simply could've been out for repainting.

Either 9996 or 9998 had those soft seats, but I'm not entirely sure which one. The rest, I don't remember (I remember riding them on the Q38 5-6 years ago though).

708-751 and 7214-7285, 8568-8571 

Edited by CH3348

Does anyone remember the Orion V CNG buses that run on the express routes and local routes with the soft seats? 

lol... Soft seats? Please... Maybe they looked soft, but those seats were like sitting on bricks, and the ones in the rows had so little leg room.  I was so glad when they retired them and had MCIs.

Does anyone remember the Orion V CNG buses that run on the express routes and local routes with the soft seats? 

Yep, I had my first express bus ride ever on a CNG, on one of the BM's that go down Ocean Ave, rode those CNG's on SC express routes several times, those buses were lots of fun  :D

I'll never forgot riding one on the BM5 where the bus was late due to an power outage in Midtown and the driver was flooring it and the bus were red lining on the LIE, we had to be going at least 65-70. Remember one where a CAS MCI and the SC CNG went in the Battery Tunnel at the same time and we left that CAS MCI in the dust  :)

Rode those soft seat CNG's on Both the B100 and B103 as well.

I miss the backfire sounds the most..

Is TU bringing the XD60s out anytime soon? I keep seeing posts on here saying that certain buses are being delivered to them, but then I check bus time and don't see any.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

It takes a while (usually a week or two) between a bus arriving at the depot and it hitting service.

Yep, I had my first express bus ride ever on a CNG, on one of the BM's that go down Ocean Ave, rode those CNG's on SC express routes several times, those buses were lots of fun :D

I'll never forgot riding one on the BM5 where the bus was late due to an power outage in Midtown and the driver was flooring it and the bus were red lining on the LIE, we had to be going at least 65-70. Remember one where a CAS MCI and the SC CNG went in the Battery Tunnel at the same time and we left that CAS MCI in the dust :)

Rode those soft seat CNG's on Both the B100 and B103 as well.

I miss the backfire sounds the most..

Those were the good ole days. Some of those buses didn't have governors which made it an faster ride into the city. I could remember riding 444, 446, 478 and 424 all out of command, now Spring Creek on the BM1 and BM2.

Image from S79 SBS shows old fare sticker, an apparent symptom of neglect.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MO-rZ51bLdg9YxC99RyN-3KvLBpGC_XFWw

The Borough that we forgot

This is why #statenisland residents feel #forgotten by #nyc:
I saw this #negligent #afterthought affixed to an S79 LTD #earlier this week.

My post on Twitter: https://t.co/DrrjJYqZ1v

I find it amusing that the Mayor is only now focusing on Richmond County residents.

Edited by MassTransitHonchkrow

Image from S79 SBS shows old fare sticker, an apparent symptom of neglect.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MO-rZ51bLdg9YxC99RyN-3KvLBpGC_XFWw

The Borough that we forgot

This is why #statenisland residents feel #forgotten by #nyc:

I saw this #negligent #afterthought affixed to an S79 LTD #earlier this week.

My post on Twitter: https://t.co/DrrjJYqZ1v

I find it amusing that the Mayor is only now focusing on Richmond County residents.

It's actually pretty common to see something like this on any of the older buses given that the depots slap the current fare stickers on top of the old ones. This isn't a sign of neglect like you say it is as the sticker could of just fallen off from the bus at some point just like a depot sticker.